Dreams about Evangelion...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

theobject
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby theobject » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:13 pm

I had a dream where Gendo was the head of Team Rocket, and Ash was a unsociable little child who was forcefully recruited into Team Rocket a la Shinji with Eva 01, and was gradually trained/forced to work with Team Rocket (who's main goal was similarly Instrumentality).

It's hard to remember specifics, but I remember Ash becoming more and more psychotic, depressed, and cruel, until finally he snaps and starts strangling Pikachu
SPOILER: Show
like Shinji does with Asuka in the twisted kitchen scene remake?

It was disturbing, to say the least.
Hello. I'm a noob.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:29 am

Twice.
One was Sepheric EVA-01 was about to tang the entire world when out of nowhere the Dragonzord summoning theme was played. Suddenly, the Dragonzord and Tigerzord dropkicked EVA-01 out of the freaking sky, combined, proceeded to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and gave me a fanfic idea. They were out of gum.

The other? I fell asleep after putting the first volume.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Believe it or not I had a dream about Eva two night ago. Well, it wasn't so much about Eva but more about Eva merchandise. I dreamed that ADV (which is now defunct) had re-re-re-re-released the original series. This time all of the DVDs were given fancy orange designs to reflect the orange DVD cover art for Rebuild 2.22. Also, all of the DVDs had stupid titles similar to the Rebuild titles like, "You are (never) alone" or crap like that. When I woke up, I was glad it wasn't real. I bet Eva Monkey would be glad too, because he would have had to collect that garbage.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:12 pm

View Original Posttheobject wrote:I had a dream where Gendo was the head of Team Rocket, and Ash was a unsociable little child who was forcefully recruited into Team Rocket a la Shinji with Eva 01, and was gradually trained/forced to work with Team Rocket (who's main goal was similarly Instrumentality).

It's hard to remember specifics, but I remember Ash becoming more and more psychotic, depressed, and cruel, until finally he snaps and starts strangling Pikachu.

Wow, I don't think I'll ever look at Pokemon the same way again...

SPOILER: Show
Pikachu is Asuka? wut?

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:55 pm

I'd kill to dream anything remotely similar to Eva... if I could dream. But I do day-dream.. I'll be sure to share one of those at some point.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:29 am

A couple of odd little cameos in the last couple of days

An announcement "My penguin has just executed due process!" and watching from the outside as a corridor was filled with a river of birdshit, then thinking "An Angel. Must get to the Evangelion" and a bit of a race across some weird overgrown urban area before fading out.

Seeing Asuka in her school outfit, sprawled on a path in a park, with a kid's drag-along toy train in blue plastic; then Shinji zoomed past in a powered wheelchair.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:29 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote: then Shinji zoomed past in a powered wheelchair.

I just about lost it and broke out in laughter when I read that.

I haven't been having dreams lately. :(

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:00 pm

I had a dream the other day that I came on this forum. I was pleasantly surprised to notice that I had 5 flaming boxes above my avatar, although I didn't have a high enough post count and I somehow gained several boxes in a day.

Oh god I must really need a life if I dream about going on the internet...
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:15 am

AshPhoenix: Flaming boxes would be AWESOME. We've gotta get on that shit.

____

So I had an interesting Manga-based dream this morning (Probably because everybody's wondering where Sadamoto's going to go next), although the characters looked anime-style. (It's possible that they were somewhat "prettier", like their Rebuild versions, but they maintained their NGE looks (hair color and such) if that makes any sense.)

Shinji and Asuka some...how....stopped the Harpies with their Evas, so while the immediate threat was over, they were still in some type of danger. They decided to flee to safety via that nearby lake in the Geofront. I think they were rowing away on top of their Eva units? Or at least it looked like they were rowing away using some piece of Eva-02 that had fallen onto the ground. They were mainly quiet to each other, it wasn't really awkward but they had no idea what to say.

Asuka (of all people, after the crap she went through) tried to start up some conversation, and Shinji just calmly replied instead of being all snarky or tsundere (Manga-Shinji, remember). He seemed somewhat subdued due to how exhausting the prior events were.

At some point, as if from a scene straight out of a Shoujo manga in terms of stylish approach, Asuka floated/flew up into the air with Eva-02 holding onto her. (I don't think Asuka had wings or anything like that.) She had tears in her eyes but was smiling through them, and she sort of implied that she was going to leave the area (Hakone, not Japan altogether) for good, but Shinji didn't like the idea of never seeing her again as well as the fact he was feeling terribly lonely at that point. Also, the waters seemed to change from their regular blue to the LCL Sea when Asuka's "transformation" happened. It was a weird but cool effect, although this "manga stage" earlier implied that Gendo and Rei were still in Terminal Dogma with Lilith so 3I hadn't happened yet.

Asuka suggested to Shinji that he try to patch things up with Gendo (...WAT) and Shinji reluctantly agreeing. I remember when "reading" this part of the manga, I was thinking to myself, "Huh, I guess Sadamoto really is going to end the manga with a Shinji and Gendo reconciliation."

TL;DR: Manga Asuka and Shinji go their separate ways (Asuka thinks for good, Shinji thinks not) after Harpie battle, Shinji decides to make things right with Gendo despite any bad feelings he still has.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:40 am

I had a dream/nightmare about seeing the trailer for 3.0 last night. It was actually kind of lame, consisting mostly of still shots of characters just standing around. There was a lot of Rei, and oddly enough, two scenes of Asuka cradling Toji's sister protectively. It ended with Shinji screaming something about definitely protecting all noisy girls. (Yeah, I'll get back to you on that one.)

I also remember coming on EGF and finding a topic with three pages about it.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:05 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:AshPhoenix: Flaming boxes would be AWESOME. We've gotta get on that shit.

If so, you should give 'em to me first.

Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Miuzaki
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Miuzaki » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:44 am

Im writing a story about eva at the moment so i had some ideas and last night i had a dream for the first time in awhile.

My character was walking down the road with the three pilots in Tokyo-3 and we were just strolling along to find a store. Asuka was saying somthing about buying lots of red soda when all of a sudden Louis pops out of nowhere and screams in everyones face: PEELZ HERE!

My character panicked and yelled: Louis, the hell are you doing here? Go back to your damn video game!

And then Louis gave him that "Give me those peels or you will die" look and then i woke up all sweaty from the fear.

...what?... I DONT PLAY XBOX! I DONT KNOW WHY HE WAS THERE!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:53 am

View Original PostMiuzaki wrote:Im writing a story about eva at the moment so i had some ideas and last night i had a dream for the first time in awhile.

My character was walking down the road with the three pilots in Tokyo-3 and we were just strolling along to find a store. Asuka was saying somthing about buying lots of red soda when all of a sudden Louis pops out of nowhere and screams in everyones face: PEELZ HERE!

My character panicked and yelled: Louis, the hell are you doing here? Go back to your damn video game!

And then Louis gave him that "Give me those peels or you will die" look and then i woke up all sweaty from the fear.

...what?... I DONT PLAY XBOX! I DONT KNOW WHY HE WAS THERE!

LOL teh randomness XD
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Miuzaki
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Miuzaki » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:40 pm

Strangely enough, ive had dreams where the Eva characters fulfill popular internet memes.
such as.

Shinji: Misato, what does the scouter say about her sync ratio?! (Talking about Asuka)

Misato: ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAANND!

or

somthing about Rei and Shinji walking around NERV headquarters, then out of nowhere...
Asuka: SnooPING AS usual i see.

and ive seen

Some blurry image of Asuka destroying peoples property and ripping holes in the paper she was animated on by doing the GEDDAN dance or better known as GET DOWN.

I kid you not. Ive seen this before. Im such a fruitcake aren't I?

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:33 am

Dreams about Evangelion aren't exactly a habit of mine, but now I've had my second one within the span of two weeks. And for some god-forsaken reason, it was about 3.0 again. Specifically, it was about the Funimation blog doing character profiles for the movie release. They had done three articles so far: Shinji, Rei and Misato. (Feedback here indicated that they "got" the characters.)

The fourth profile was about Derpy Hooves, a fan favorite background character from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I knew I was getting a little obsessed with it, but this just takes the cake... Great going, you subconscious of mine!
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

Someone
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Someone » Tue May 03, 2011 4:40 am

View Original PostMiuzaki wrote:Strangely enough, ive had dreams where the Eva characters fulfill popular internet memes.
such as.

Shinji: Misato, what does the scouter say about her sync ratio?! (Talking about Asuka)

Misato: ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAANND!

or

somthing about Rei and Shinji walking around NERV headquarters, then out of nowhere...
Asuka: SnooPING AS usual i see.

and ive seen

Some blurry image of Asuka destroying peoples property and ripping holes in the paper she was animated on by doing the GEDDAN dance or better known as GET DOWN.

I kid you not. Ive seen this before. Im such a fruitcake aren't I?

NAH, THAT COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE.
*tries to hide profile picture* :ninja:
DISCLAIMER: The above statement might or might not be serious.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:55 am

Hmmmm...
I'm in Raccoon city shooting at zombies, trying to retrieve a G-virus sample...
With Ada Wong and Kaji...
We scape in a helicopter...
Not much in it, it was more Resident Evil... Dunno why Kaji was there...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Hmmmm...
I'm in Raccoon city shooting at zombies, trying to retrieve a G-virus sample...
With Ada Wong and Kaji...
We scape in a helicopter...
Not much in it, it was more Resident Evil... Dunno why Kaji was there...

To spy of the resident evil ppl to get some secrets of how to be awesome so Khara can use them in Q?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ikarifseiei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ikarifseiei » Fri May 06, 2011 9:54 am

Yeah, i've got too, the first one was I really walked and feel the floor of NERV and see Eva Unit-01 in front of my eyes but I was unable to ride it. But on the second dream I was able to ride it but it didn't fight with the angel. And it feels like Shinji do, frustrating and yelling around. What a "nice" dream

Theos
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Theos » Wed May 11, 2011 8:31 pm

I had a dream last night that I was Shinji and I was living with this random guy I've never met before in my life.

The only thing I really remember is that he was extremely messy, and I always had to clean up after him. He was so bad that when I used the vacuum on the floor, it got clogged with dirt! xD

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”