If you had to adopt an Eva kid, which one would you choose?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Dragoneye
Embryo

If you had to adopt an Eva kid, which one would you choose?

•      
  •      

Postby Dragoneye » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:05 am

Warning: Very silly and possibly "girly" question ahead:

Okay I admit it, one of the reasons I love Eva is that I find the character designs so darn cute! Sadamoto did a fantastic job making the kids look adorable and huggable without making them look like the bug-eyed freaks that are so population in anime today.

Anyways, I find them so darn cute that I kinda want to bring one home with me—all the kids could use a good parental figure anyways. But which one to choose? Hmm…for myself it’s really a toss between Rei and Asuka. I guess Rei would be the easiest to deal with because she is very quiet and obedient. However, I love the fiery temper and confident nature of Asuka. I babysat a little girl with these qualities and she was actually a lot of fun. Plus, Asuka is a mama’s girl and it would be nice to be adored. So, it looks like I am going have to go with Asuka. As for the boys, Shinji is just too whiny and Kaworu kills kittens…so I gonna have to pass on them.

So if you had to adopt an Eva kid, which one would you want? (You can either assume you’re adopting them as an infant or they are their 14 year-old selves—it’s your preference)

Love Not Given Lightly
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Love Not Given Lightly » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:24 am

Asuka, just to help the poor girl.
There are no stupid ideas, only stupid executions.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:07 am

While Asuka is in dire need of sympathetic adult care, she'd be far too high maintenance -- plus she has the bad habit of fixating on older men to try and prove that she's an adult already.

As for the others -- Shinji would be like having a dog around the house, and Rei a cat. Which makes the answer obvious.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:08 am

Does it realy need to be an EVA pilot? Because I would love to have a little Yui, or maybe a little Gendo.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Dragoneye
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dragoneye » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:19 am

Haha little Gendo would be adorable! Maybe you could help him channel his crazy-genius tendencies into something less destructive…

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Rei, obviously.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:36 pm

You know... probably Hikari.
Voluntary Illusion.

RocK01
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby RocK01 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Rei. I'd like to do a staring contest with her.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Asuka without a doubt.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:22 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:While Asuka is in dire need of sympathetic adult care, she'd be far too high maintenance -- plus she has the bad habit of fixating on older men to try and prove that she's an adult already.

As for the others -- Shinji would be like having a dog around the house, and Rei a cat. Which makes the answer obvious.

This. I'd probably go with Shinji since he'd do all the chores. Rei probably would as well but she'd be boring about it.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Of course the obvious answer is Rei, since she'd be low-maintenance and wouldn't be starved for attention (hence "cat"). Hard to go wrong with that.
Last edited by Bagheera on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Redaye
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Redaye » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm onboard with Hikari. A real powderkeg, that one.
Process: Attempting to Comprehend
╔═══════════════════════════╗
║█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║ (20%)
╚═══════════════════════════╝
Estimated Time Until Completion: RUNTIME ERROR 601

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:27 pm

View Original PostRedaye wrote:I'm onboard with Hikari. A real powderkeg, that one.

Go Hikari! :hikari_happy:
Voluntary Illusion.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:24 pm

Adoption? That's quite the heavy choice there. It is not, as the OP suggests, something to be taken lightly. One would have to man and/or woman up to become the parent these troubled and mentally ill children so desperately need, and . . . I honestly don't think I could handle it. I'm not exactly the picture of mental stability myself, and I'm not exactly keen on other humans either, so me adopting a EvaKid would be the farsighted tsundere leading the blind.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Dragoneye
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dragoneye » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:57 am

Cody—you are right adoption of real children should never be taken lightly, especially adopting mentally ill or abused children. In no way was this post made to make light of real adoption which of course is a major life decision.
I actually work in the mental health field and let me tell you it can be a very depressing and sad job. I see and work with real life “Shinjis,” “Asukas” and “Reis” every day. This is probably one of the reasons I am drawn to this show. However, as these are fictional characters I feel like its ok to have fun with it and speculate/discuss silly things about the characters. I love to read and watch movies, so discussing such things is just one of the ways I like to wind down after a day of working with patients. I think that indulging in a little fantasy is ok and can actually be healthy as long as you recognize that’s all it is—a fantasy. However, I would be absolutely horrified if someone actually adopted a red haired little girl because she looked like Asuka. Talking about adopting a character for the fun of it is fine; going out a randomly adopting a real person is not.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:10 am

After careful consideration, I'd probably just adopt a cat. Cats don't play with matches, or have access to giant mecha that they could use to end the world. As guardian / adoptive parent, I'd be liable for all that shit.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 am

Touji's little sister, of course

shiun
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shiun » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:32 am

Mari, because while she might be a rebel, she seems easier to handle as compared to Asuka.

But since I don't know Mari's background yet, I'll go with Hikari too, if not necessarily a pilot. Otherwise... uh. No thank you.
I'm a floatplane.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:37 am

I feel sorry for Kensuke and Toji now.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:22 am

Adoption is out of the question for me, but I could do Big Brother, Guidance Councilor, or shrink. Possibly foster parent. But I wouldn't try my luck with adoption for any of them. And I'd probably go with Shinji. Help him come out of his shell and man up a little. Go drinking, to UFC fights, have him learn MMA, play X-Box with him, etc. :cheers:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:12 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I feel sorry for Kensuke and Toji now.

That said, my first thought was Kensuke. We share many of the same interests, plus I think I could sort add a little wisdom to his militaristic tendencies.

I'd have to be really careful though. I think Kensuke would like the Second Amendment a little too much.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”