Eva in a sentence

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:59 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:"Wait, come back! We have more fan-service for you! There's even a tank full of naked girls out back! ...Too soon?"

Bouncing off the notion of fan-service...
I might have mentioned this before but a perceptive anon posted this last month in one of the Eva threads on /a/:

"You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series."

Not only does it do a nice job of summing up Eva, it also gives me a whole new perspective on Misato's promised sabisu. I guess she really wasn't lying.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:09 am

"I'm so fucked up"
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 pm

"A 26 episode essay in what pissing up a rope looks like."
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Nyanlathotep
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Nyanlathotep » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:26 am

“Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
開いたばかりの花が散るのを
見ていた木立の遣る瀬無きかな

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:52 am

"What happens when human beings think to be completely self-sufficient but then suffer from a lack of social skills."
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:28 am

"Pimp impersonating Lincoln dies."

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Evangelion is one man's attempt to cram a stay in a psych ward into a 12-hour foray that juxtaposes fanservice with emotional trauma, makes you laugh at inappropriate times, gives you a high tolerance for violent activity, makes you more tolerant towards those with an Oedipus complex, gives one the impulse to emulate the Gendo pose at social functions, and leads up to one of the most disappointing story endings in the history of man. There you go, one sentence.
Last edited by Nuclear Lunchbox on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Not exactly a sentence, but upon re-reading A Tale of Two Cities, I couldn't help but think this quote not only sums up Evangelion very succinctly, but must have also had more than its share of influence.

"A wonderful fact to reflect upon, that every human creature is constituted to be that profound secret and mystery to every other. A solemn consideration, when I enter a great city by night, that every one of those darkly clustered houses encloses its own secret; that every room in every one of them encloses its own secret; that every beating heart in the hundreds of thousands of breasts there, is, in some of its imaginings, a secret to the heart nearest it!"
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby lastcody » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 pm

"Still nothing better then this"

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:27 am

Melancholic boy rides his mother.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Some poor little boy ends up piloting a giant cyborg to defeat creatures that would give Godzilla nightmares, and ends up slowly losing his sanity as everybody he has ever loved either dies horribly or goes completely mad, leaving him, and anyone watching the show, a complete gibbering emotional wreck.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Elect G-Max
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Elect G-Max » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Honorable mention:

the most extensive project ever undertaken in Japanese Animation about a 14-year-old loser's awkward quest to get laid before the end of the world

Third place:

the equivalent of throwing an Abnormal Psych textbook into a woodchipper, gathering up the little scraps, and pasting them together with robot violence and flaming airborne crosses.

Second place:

View Original PostNivek wrote:EVERYONE DIES!!!!!!!!!

First place:

View Original PostDream wrote:"I'm so fucked up"
"Whatever the story or the development of the characters, I made them without a plan... We only started working on the next script once the previous one was done." - Anno, 1996

"Sometimes, putting your toothbrush in its holder upside down can express your feelings towards life in general, your secret desire to commit suicide, the feelings for your long-lost mother that you never got to know, and your favorite color. But sometimes that toothbrush is simply a toothbrush." - Nuclear Lunchbox

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:54 pm

One does not simply define Evangelion in one sentence

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:07 pm

I found this in Thus Spoke Zarathustra:
"One day you shall love beyond yourselves. So first learn to love."
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:17 am

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck oh thank god it's stopped oh shit it hasn't fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck did he just have a wank?
Leave Shinji alone

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:40 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:I found this in Thus Spoke Zarathustra:
"One day you shall love beyond yourselves. So first learn to love."
How could that be possibly true? Lilin are only capable of using others for their own purposes. Lilin feel love only when you help them in accomplishing their sole own purpose, once you'll not be needed anymore, you'll be thrown away like the rest, and in their hearts will bloom the flower of hatred, a flower with thorns, which causes pain and sufferance. After all they are not any different from animals. Lilin are the cancer of this beautiful planet. I had gotten bored of a world like that.

peripateia
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby peripateia » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:10 pm

I wonder what Nietzsche would say about eva? I imagine a delectable, bitter polemic as his response...

"Love the good earth, learn to forsake Hideaki Anno's mind trip through the bowels of teenage angst!"

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:30 pm

View Original Postperipateia wrote:I wonder what Nietzsche would say about eva? I imagine a delectable, bitter polemic as his response...

"Love the good earth, learn to forsake Hideaki Anno's mind trip through the bowels of teenage angst!"

“Nothing on earth consumes a man more quickly than the passion of resentment.”
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:18 pm

"Feel Anno."
"Deal with it."
"Just what you'd expect from the master."
"Do you want me to explain thermal expanion to you? :misato_service: "
" :misato_service: "
" :rei_dance: "
"Yo bitshes want to know what a depression feels like? :shinchair: "
"The scenario... Just as planned. :emogendo: "
"Kimochi Warui."
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:17 am

Boy sticks entry plug in his mother; she goes berserk.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”