Attraction to same-sex characters as an eye-opener

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Korgan
Adam

Attraction to same-sex characters as an eye-opener

Postby Korgan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:48 am

Has Eva made any of you face your own sexuality after you found a character of your own gender to be... smoking hot? Cause I'd say that they ALL are (save for Keel and a few others), and damn, it's not just Kaworu that has stirred up so much sexual confusion among the male audience; me, I realized that I feel more than just sympathy and admiration towards Shinji after finishing the series. :blush:
The same goes for ladies, I suppose. So confess; have you first felt "queer" for an Eva character?
"Why should things be easy to understand?"
-Thomas Pynchon, whose works I've never actually read

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:14 am

Oh, boy. You're going to love these threads if you've not seen them yet

http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=6489
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9435

The author's afterword for vol11 of the manga had Sadamoto sorta-admitting that he'd gone gay for Kaworu too.

For me, Rits' would make a good looking young (but not too young) thing to have as arm candy, plus brains too, but that's it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Draconis
Adam

Postby Draconis » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:02 am

One word for this:

Gross.

Sorry bro. (Unless you meant you just really really like him and think he's awesome or something and not actually want to whip out the johnny on him.)

Korgan
Adam

Postby Korgan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:11 am

Oh man, if you're afraid of being creeped out, better stay clear of ANY Japan-related forums. People are like that :D

Draconis
Adam

Postby Draconis » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:21 am

View Original PostKorgan wrote:Oh man, if you're afraid of being creeped out, better stay clear of ANY Japan-related forums. People are like that :D

I'm not afraid of being creeped out. I'm just homophobic.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:39 am

View Original PostKorgan wrote:So confess; have you first felt "queer" for an Eva character?

I dunno if privately believing that the Evas are female and feeling tingly for them counts.

Draconis wrote:I'm not afraid of being creeped out. I'm just homophobic.

:think:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:44 am

View Original PostDraconis wrote:I'm not afraid of being creeped out. I'm just homophobic.

Wow. I never expect people to admit to that sort of thing in public. But on the upside it's always nice when bigots self-identify so that we don't have to waste time wondering "are they or aren't they?"
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:46 am

But Shinji looks like he has a feminine figure in that pic. Does that count as same sex attraction?

Korgan
Adam

Postby Korgan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:17 am

Uh, okay, I understand. I guess homophobic people have a right to express their views, although I'm puzzled by them. No feelings hurt :D

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:27 am

I don't know if "homophobic" is the same as "bigot" all of the time. Some people are just nervous around gays.

I've professionally worked with gays twice that I know of on various film shoots. Those two people were fun and professional to work with. There may have been more, but I was simply never told. After all, why would I need to know?

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:14 am

View Original PostDraconis wrote:I'm not afraid of being creeped out. I'm just homophobic.

Not something to admit on this forum. Almost everyone is bi.

My first same-sex attraction was for a fictional character. But he's not from Eva, so it's not relevant.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:03 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Wow. I never expect people to admit to that sort of thing in public. But on the upside it's always nice when bigots self-identify so that we don't have to waste time wondering "are they or aren't they?"

Hey, at least he is honest. That's far better than "But i have gay friends, i swear!". And there is such a thing as an irrational fear/dislike for certain types of people. The trick is to not act on it IRL, not to be dishonest about it on a forum.

@topiv: I haven't had such an experience with Eva characters, no. If i find a male character to be attractive in any media, then it is always a case of "I want to be like him." not "I want to have sex with him." From the Eva roster, Kaji somewhat fits the bill for this wish fulfilment defintion.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:23 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:If i find a male character to be attractive in any media, then it is always a case of "I want to be like him." not "I want to have sex with him."

I'm not sure I can even think of any fictional characters period with whom I would personally have sex if suddenly, magically given the opportunity...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:35 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I'm not sure I can even think of any fictional characters period with whom I would personally have sex if suddenly, magically given the opportunity...

wow, really?

I can.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:40 pm

Not surprising.

I could find a few, but if I were able to do so, it would destroy my reputation from "just a little weird" to "batshit pedofreak". Or, at least, that's what people would call me (because people forgot what hebephilia is, and now just say pedo for anyone under the age of 16).
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Shogo-Kun » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:41 pm

It is wrong for me to say that this image is what got me into EVA?
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Not at all. Although, it is interesting that only a picture got you into Eva. For me, it was the AMV Hells that got me into it.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:45 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:wow, really?

I can.
There's a big gap between "wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers" and "do want". And there's also the "do want to be the little girl" category as well.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shogo-Kun
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Shogo-Kun » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:52 pm

View Original PostStryker wrote:Not at all. Although, it is interesting that only a picture got you into Eva. For me, it was the AMV Hells that got me into it.

Well, actually it was the attractive shot of Gendo. That's what got me in.
NGE was a damned good anime
EoE was an anime masterpiece
And Rebuild is nothing short of epic
Long live the EVAs!!

AVATAR Oreo Nakamura, Light and Dark

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:03 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:There's a big gap between "wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers" and "do want".

...whaat? Well, I guess. I wasn't thinking of crackers when I said that though but the latter category.

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:And there's also the "do want to be the little girl" category as well.

well yeah, and that has nothing to do with anything else really...

View Original PostStryker wrote:Not surprising.

...what's that supposed to mean? -o-;

View Original PostStryker wrote:I could find a few, but if I were able to do so, it would destroy my reputation from "just a little weird" to "batshit pedofreak". Or, at least, that's what people would call me (because people forgot what hebephilia is, and now just say pedo for anyone under the age of 16).

'tis why you should not have a waifu under magical age boundary of 16, I guess o/

having said that, I don't blame anyone for being into 9 year olds if they look like Fate fron Nanoha... O_o

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”