Just who is Shinji Destined for?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:01 pm

didnt Asuka always want her mama? and wasnt her mom in the black moon? so why would she want to go...she'd never admit her feelings to Shinji and if she was the only one left it would be painfuly obvious...

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Esion » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:05 pm

I thought that her mom was looking over her. When she's sitting at the bottom of the lake she talks about her her mother has always been with her.

Dieing and returning to LCL are different according to Rei at the end of EOE.
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Phaze » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:09 pm

Esion wrote:I thought that her mom was looking over her. When she's sitting at the bottom of the lake she talks about her her mother has always been with her.

Her mother was in the core of unit-02, protecting her. My reasoning of how she suddenly achieved awareness was that she was almost comatose at the time, and her mind's boundaries became easier to break through.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:16 pm

that should be really disappointing to her mom...maybe she was trying to reach her the entire time...

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Esion » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:23 pm

Phaze wrote:
Esion wrote:I thought that her mom was looking over her. When she's sitting at the bottom of the lake she talks about her her mother has always been with her.

Her mother was in the core of unit-02, protecting her. My reasoning of how she suddenly achieved awareness was that she was almost comatose at the time, and her mind's boundaries became easier to break through.

That's kind of what I ment by looking over her. The words couldn't come to mind for some reason.
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:27 pm

During the " I don't want to die " sceen in EoE You can hear Asuka's mother talking to her telling her to live. Its a very short faint message that i missed the first two times i watched the movie, but its their.

I wonder if Shinji got to talk to his mother before he left the LCL did Asuka get to do the same and if so what do you think she said ?
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:34 pm

DatDude wrote:I wonder if Shinji got to talk to his mother before he left the LCL did Asuka get to do the same and if so what do you think she said ?

If I was her mother I would apologize.

the-artist-known-as-chris
Adam

question

Postby the-artist-known-as-chris » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:00 pm

Just who is Shinji destined for? That's a question that can never fully be awnsered, unless Anno graces us with more episodes, heh.

However, let's look at it in a more realistic sense. Out of all the female relashionships Shinji had in the series, the one he shared with Misato was the most positive.

Now I know, with this comes controversy in that Misato is not to old, it's just that Shinji is so darn young, (then again, by the time Shinji would turn 20, Misato would only be 35).

Misato and Shinji have a speical sort of bond, they provide eachother emotional and in Misato's case, pyshical support. Misato knew just how simalar her and Shinji's feelings were since the moment she met him, which lead to her taking him in.

With Shinji, I feel he sees Misato mostly as a caring, emotional support, while with Misato, er, I get's more complicated due to her age.

Never the less, there relashionship towards eachother goes beyond mere "friends" or family, Misato's kiss to Shinji in EOE is clear enough that Misato sees Shinji as more than a mere charge.

In the end, I'll just break it down to them needing eachother, Misato and Shinji are kindread spirits that we're destined to meet. Destined to be lovers? We'll never know for sure as the series ended before more emotions and truths could be reveald and mostly due to Anno's damn head games.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Phaze » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 pm

Misato and Shinji do have a special relationship, but it's definetely one of a mother/son relationship. It's supported multiple times in the series, and infact, Misato says "I guess I couldn't be a mother to Shinji after all." Implying that throughout the whole series, she was trying to be his mother, or at least as close as one could be
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:09 pm

Misato is kind of in love with Kaji... and I think that kiss was more of an attempt to get Shinji to pilot unit 01 than to express her feelings towards him.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Esion » Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:12 pm

I agree, Misato is a big tease and that kiss was just sort of her form of motivation. In the very first episode of the series Shinji waits for Misato to pick him up and the directions are written on a picture of Misato with an arrow pointed torwards her breasts saying "look here". She's a big flirt. I personally think that she tried to be a mother to him.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:20 pm

Misato didn't know any other way to say I love you, sad really.

To get semi back on topic what do you think Misatos responce to Shinji and Asuka dating would be.

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:43 pm

I reckon Misato would be fine with Asuka and Shinji going out. I can see nothing wrong with it.

Unless you ask the class rep , lol

Class rep : Your living in sin ....

lol
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:25 am

Misato tried to be a mother for both Asuka and Shinji... as evidenced by ritsuko who remarks that her little family game is over...
as for her response...she probably would be happy for hte both of them...Shinji for acting of his own volition and Asuka for waking up...not after choking on her morning beer of course...(what!?!?!?!?!? you two are dating!?!?!?!?!?..hack cough hack cough...)

Adam

Postby the-artist-known-as-chris » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:47 pm

Phaze wrote: mother to Shinji after all." Implying that throughout the whole series, she was trying to be his mother, or at least as close as one could be

Exactly, and you can't be a mother when you open mouth kiss your "son" can you?

Hence her comment about not being able to be a mother to Shinji.

I wasint really implying that Misato is IN LOVE with Shinji, She is infact in love with Kaji. But Misato loves Shinji too, but more than just a mere close friend or charge. Misato would do just about anything for Shinji to show that he is loved by somone. Which is why a woman like Misato, who only really knows how to express feelings of love pyshicly, would be more inclined, espsiecally after Kaji died, to take the relashionship with Shinji to the next level.

Let's just simplify things and say Misato and Shinji are close friends with "privlages". heh.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:08 pm

i thought she said that she couldnt be his mother after he lodged in NERV (after Rei dies and the third Rei arrives) she felt sorry that she couldnt help him out of his depression...

Adam

hmm

Postby the-artist-known-as-chris » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:32 pm

That's hard to say Misato was so deep in her own funk over Kaji's death to think of anything else at the time.

And let's not forget the scene of Misato trying to "comfort" Shinji after Rei dies, and yes it's been established in the storyboard books from the series aswell as the tv ending that Misato wanted to do more than hold Shinji's hand. But this all factors into Misato and how the only way she knows how to comfort people, atleast people of the oppisite sex.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

Postby MongolSquad » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:09 pm

Anyways Shinji would get "excited" before he even got a chance to even unzip his pants. Hope that paints a nice picture with you folks. :P

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:32 pm

Like i said before its sad that she didn't know anyother way to show her emotions. I only hope that if Misato did manage to come back for instrumentality that she'd have learned from her mistakes and could be their for those kids. They are still so youg and need guidence to make the transision into full adulthood, not another parent figure dieing on them.

Adam

Misato

Postby the-artist-known-as-chris » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:42 pm

Misato can't help being herself, same goes for the rest of the cast.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”