Your Favorite Yoni

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:15 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:As for the episode 10 Freud bits, well, Anno was inspired by pschology books, so it's possible.

Anno-inspired psychology books? Now this I have to see. Anyone know their names?

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:04 am

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Anno-inspired psychology books? Now this I have to see. Anyone know their names?
Errr, reread that: "Anno was inspired by psychology books."
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:31 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:Errr, reread that: "Anno was inspired by psychology books."

Awwwww. Now I'm disappointed AND look stupid.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:41 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Awwwww. Now I'm disappointed AND look stupid.

*pat pat* I don't know where I read it - the mommies in EVA thing was Sadamoto's idea, but Anno did read psychology book at some time, at the recommendations of some friends, and found that he "suddenly could say all he had wanted to say" - I wish I could remember the source...

As for the eye vulvae, it's not only that they were aired on TV, it's also that episode would've been a tad to early to hit the viewers with the full load of Freud. And as for the ones on EVA 02, well, it was already established what EVA eye sockets looked like...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm

The core of Unit-00 makes a pretty awesome Yoni, I've gotta say.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:12 am

Good heavens. I've known about EVA since...2007 or so, and I had never thought of this imagery until reading this thread.

I must lead a charmed life.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:58 pm

View Original PostSharaz Destler wrote:Good heavens. I've known about EVA since...2007 or so, and I had never thought of this imagery until reading this thread.

I must lead a charmed life.

Well, now we've corrupted you. It feels good, doesn't it? Don't you want to become one with us in our exploitation of Yoni imagery?

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Oh, Reichu, what would we do without you?

Sleep at night, perhaps?

I never noticed the volcano womb allegories. Thanks for that one!

As for the sand pit scene...Hmm. Rather crude if you ask me. Come on, Anno, I know you're using the Freudian thing to make it that little bit more unsettling, but you can do better than that.

I don't think the NERV base is a yoni though. If it is, it's a very tenuous resemblance.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

user-02
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby user-02 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:45 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:I don't think the NERV base is a yoni though. If it is, it's a very tenuous resemblance.

The NERV base isn't a yoni, per se, but it is quite literally a womb (of sorts).

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:52 pm

I think that as long as we post in this thread, we shall refer to the phallus as the Lingam. What say you, Reichu? Can we rename the Phallus thread the Lingam thread?

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:03 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Well, now we've corrupted you. It feels good, doesn't it? Don't you want to become one with us in our exploitation of Yoni imagery?

Already have, dearie.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm pushing to find some Yoni imagery in 3.33, but nothing is popping out at me. :|

Stratomeister
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Stratomeister » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:05 pm

View Original PostSharaz Destler wrote:Good heavens. I've known about EVA since...2007 or so, and I had never thought of this imagery until reading this thread.

Ditto, I remember re-watching EoE and catching Lilith's "third eye". My reaction was something along the lines of, "Did that actually just happen?"

As for 3.33, well, I haven't noticed anything quite yet, but I'm sure that we'll manage to find something noteworthy eventually.
"What the hell is this?" - Shinji Ikari

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:17 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'm pushing to find some Yoni imagery in 3.33, but nothing is popping out at me. :|

The wording of this sentence is brilliant. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it gave me a shameful chuckle.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Unless someone has something to say that's actually about the topic, we're done here.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'm pushing to find some Yoni imagery in 3.33, but nothing is popping out at me. :|

The lightie things of the nemesis series pillars, when they "open".

The way the red angel sphere encases EVA 13, with the Rei faces inside, couldalso be seen as womb-like, especially since that's the first stage of its transformation.

Also, what Asuka has to do to switch the Wunder on: Penetrate it's "innermost" with the heat lance.

(And the yuri fans rejoiced)

Stratomeister
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Stratomeister » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Also, what Asuka has to do to switch the Wunder on: Penetrate it's "innermost" with the heat lance.

God dammit, how did I miss this? Clearly I have not been thinking straight...

And yes, there was much rejoicing.
"What the hell is this?" - Shinji Ikari

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:12 pm

THe membraney round thing inside also looks like a morula.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 pm

A friend of mine had a new take on the sandbox scene- he accepted the given explanation that the hills were breasts, but considered the trees on either side to be knees, almost as if a woman was giving birth. That would make the camera pointed at nothing other than a giant yoni.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:34 pm

View Original PostBornIn1142 wrote:The suggestion of the female body shape and symbolic womb there are all well and good, but am I the only one who can't unsee the goddamn SMILEY FACE?!

It looks like a cartoon ghost with a smiley face!

Also, the wooded mountains could be hands grabbing "her" hips...or "she" has really weirdly placed pubic hair. :lol:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”