Epic post about Eva at Metafilter (Evageeks gets linked)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Epic post about Eva at Metafilter (Evageeks gets linked)

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Don't know if this is the right forum, but the Metafilter blog has a huge megapost about Evangelion here: http://www.metafilter.com/100327/Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-Hideaki-Anno-Reborn-Again-and-Again

Our own precious Evageeks gets some links! Anyway, I'm always interested in what the people in the other parts of the internet think about the franchise. And I wonder if any of you post there. (It costs money to post, so clearly I don't post there, because I use all my money on drugs and genderfluid hookers.) Either way, lots of links. And it reminds me I have to do my annual marathon soon.

Swoon~
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:06 pm

EvaGeeks got linked. Whoa.

Though, to be honest, I'm not sure who or what "MetaFilter" is and why they chose such a matter-of-fact manner to post this. I must explore this site more....

EDIT: Whoa! Someone wrote a comparative article before I did! I'd better get a little more serious about this. ^_^

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:35 pm

It's one of the most popular blogs around. Alexa ranks it in the top 2000 (global) and top 1000 (English-language sites). This is a site where a thread can get hundreds of posts within a 24 hour period. It's pretty active. But they post about virtually anything.

Why I find this interesting and worthy of posting here is because this is pretty much an "Eva 101" post for people who aren't really big into the otaku thing. It is interesting for me to see the reactions from people who aren't diehard Eva freaks.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm offended that BrikHaus wasn't mentioned in that post.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:05 am

So we're important now or something?

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:10 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:EDIT: Whoa! Someone wrote a comparative article before I did! I'd better get a little more serious about this. ^_^

2.22 has been out for a long time now, you shouldn´t be too surprised.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:14 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:2.22 has been out for a long time now, you shouldn´t be too surprised.

I'm pretty sure anything even remotely related to eva on the internets revolves around this website, IO

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:44 am

^
I am confused.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:18 am

I'm just amused to see that the reVolution was left out of the 'see more here' list. Expect about 7 angry posts over there from 3 neckbeards decrying the tragic injustice of it all.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:46 am

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:I'm offended that BrikHaus wasn't mentioned in that post.

I'm offended that THAT SITE was linked, but MY SITE was not. :irked:

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:54 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I'm offended that THAT SITE was linked, but MY SITE was not. :irked:

By THAT SITE do you mean THAT IMAGEBOARD?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 am

InstrumentalityOne: No, Monkey's talking about a certain Guy Fawkes mask-wearing Banned member.

NemZ: Eh, let them cry all the injustice they want. :smirk: Clearly it means that site isn't as comprehensive as we are.

O7-chan: Very cool news, although I haven't really heard of metafilter before. :sweatdrop: Still, some publicity is better than none. (Nice to see EvaCommentary get a mention too!)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:45 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:By THAT SITE do you mean THAT IMAGEBOARD?

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:InstrumentalityOne: No, Monkey's talking about a certain Guy Fawkes mask-wearing Banned member.

I'm just going to start referring to Rudy Hartmann's website as THAT SITE.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:27 am

^
The Lord hath spoken.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Whoah, that's already gotten like a ton of replies... I'm still not quite getting what the site's all about... it's just another blog?
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:22 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:2.22 has been out for a long time now, you shouldn´t be too surprised.

Meh. I'm not. To be honest, I'm pretty much finished with my analysis. I just want to wait for the 2.22 DVD release for the extended scenes and specific image captures. Then I'll spruce up the article and post it on the film blog.

I should probably revise the 1.11 analysis while I'm at it. I don't know, though.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:41 am

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:I'm still not quite getting what the site's all about... it's just another blog?
The mandate of the site, based on its actual stated purpose and what actually happens, is that people post links to the "best of the web" or "the most important things going on right now". There was a thread a while ago that had nearly a thousand posts in a day or two. If your post isn't relevant enough, or is redundant, or is badly formatted, they will axe your post. It has a fairly wide readership and there are some minor celebrities there, like published authors and all that jazz.

So I like reading all the comments because it is like eavesdropping. ^_^

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”