Favorite Eva Quotes

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed May 07, 2014 9:12 am

THREAD RESURRECTION..... ENGAGE

Ritsuko:
"The Nasanse of a Devine being and the toll of its creation is the demise of all life that came before it"
Misato:
"Wings, I've seen them before"
Ritsuko:
"this is the end of the world"

This scene these lines are just beyond man, you watch this beautiful act of love of unimaginable power by Shinji for Rei and it truly seems like the most triumphant scene imaginable, then the impact waves spread above ground...
when the above lines are said the music peaks to unbelievably beautifully heroic levels at the very same time that the lines are hitting home the most horrific revelation imaginable. It's a mind blowing combination and Misato's line is so god damn sad in the context of her life and what she has endured.

I've watched the scene subbed and it is not even remotely the same. For this scene more than almost any other the english voice actress's for Misato and ritsuko ARE those characters.

Kaworu:
"Fate will surely guide you"

Not fate will guide you, fate will SURELY guide you, it's a important distinction for me, FWGY just seems like he is stating fact while FWSurelyGY seems more like a hope/plea/prayer by kaworu for the universe to see Shinji safely in to the future.

Misato:
"for your own sake, find out why you came here, why you exist at all, answer your own questions, and when you'v found your own answers come back to me, ill be waiting for you.. Promise me..... see you soon,............... that was a grown up kiss, we'll do the rest when you get back, ok?"

I felt genuine love in Misato's voice in this scene it's just so beautiful and caring, a deep longing and regret in her voice for something she is admitting that deep down she truly wanted, but knows its probably too late for.

Misato:
"I'm... So..rry!...
This line by Misato when Shinji rejects her hand of comfort after Rei's death is just so Sad, Allison Keith sounds so heartbroken at not being able to reach Shinji.

Yui:
"I've been dating gendo rokubungi... a lot"
Lol I'm not sure why but the English voice actresses delivery of this line was sensual as fuck!

Kaji:
That is a VERY appropriate decision... But isn't your son still trapped inside it? [our lord and savior?... Shinji ikari?]

Misato:
Slaps Ritsuko
"DO SOMETHING DAMN IT... YOU CREATED THIS DIDN'T YOU?.. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

Ritsuko: [unspoken but clear as day on her face]
"......... Bitch No!"

Kozo:
"In this case I think ignorance might be bliss"

View Original PostEva Yojimbo wrote:Best exchange in the series IMO:
Kaji:
You shouldn't be throwing up at your age.

Misato:
So sorry I'm that age.

It's interesting the English dub has it.

Kaji:
"Drinking till you throw up... How old are you?"

Misato:
"Old enough to regret it"

Kaji:
"........... I'm old enough as well"

Misato:
"Heh.. Your damn right" [in a oddly humorous even slighty sexual tone, kind like she was turned on by the reminder that he is a older guy now]

View Original PostIrkenEvangelion wrote:Maya: Tell me, did we do the right thing?
Aoba: How the hell should I know.

Yeah that was priceless.
His tone says it all his thinking was more like "bitch the world is actually ENDING at this very moment what fucking good could we have possibly accomplished?"

Eva Unit XX
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Unit XX » Wed May 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Kaji: The fact is that people don't understand themselves, let alone each other. Understanding 100% of anything is impossible. That's why we spend so much time trying to understand our own motivations and those of others. That's what makes life so interesting.

Shinji: Does that mean you can't understand Misato either?

Kaji: The kanji that we use for the word "she" literally means "a woman far away." No matter how hard we try, women will always be on a distant shore of a great gulf of misunderstanding. The current that separates men and women is broader than the ocean itself.

Shinji: I don't understand what it's like to be an adult.

-----This is definitely my favorite Kaji-Shinji scene
Komm Susser Todd - Return to nothing

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed May 07, 2014 11:31 pm

Hyuga:
Damn! Haven't they ever heard of moderation?

I know it's because of bad dubbing. But c 'mon it's hilarious![/i]

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu May 08, 2014 10:31 am

Do the quotes have to be from Canon?

::KL7::
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby ::KL7:: » Thu May 08, 2014 7:34 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:THREAD RESURRECTION..... ENGAGE

Ritsuko:
"The Nasanse of a Devine being and the toll of its creation is the demise of all life that came before it"
Misato:
"Wings, I've seen them before"
Ritsuko:
"this is the end of the world"

2.22 was the first Evangelion movie I saw. And this has to be one of my favorite parts/quotes also.

Another Favorite of mine also comes from 2.22

Asuka:
"It's the duty of the elite, to protect the ignorant masses."
It's Ok if you hate me, I hate me too.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu May 08, 2014 7:57 pm

NGE. Episode 16. I actually kinda live my life based on this one.

Sickness Unto Death and... The Splitting of the Breast wrote:Shinji: “No! I don’t want to hear this!”

Leliel: "See? You’re running away again. There’s no way you can live by linking just the enjoyable moments like a rosary. Especially not me."

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri May 09, 2014 1:51 am

View Original PostEva Unit XX wrote:Kaji: The fact is that people don't understand themselves, let alone each other. Understanding 100% of anything is impossible. That's why we spend so much time trying to understand our own motivations and those of others. That's what makes life so interesting.

Shinji: Does that mean you can't understand Misato either?

Kaji: The kanji that we use for the word "she" literally means "a woman far away." No matter how hard we try, women will always be on a distant shore of a great gulf of misunderstanding. The current that separates men and women is broader than the ocean itself.

Shinji: I don't understand what it's like to be an adult.

Even those of us who've gotten to adulthood still don't understand it, m'boy.

Good dialogue, always did like that scene.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

EvangelionGodMode
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionGodMode » Fri May 09, 2014 10:03 pm

Fuyutski, End of Evangelion- "Sweet Jesus, Its an anti-AT Field". Lol ,sorry but i could never take him serious when he said that.
Bong. James Bong. Bruce lee the way I kick it, Tiger Woods the way I hit it.-Blake ,Workaholics.
To put it in laid man terms, hes getting laid man.-Blake, Workaholics.
"You shoulda known the price of evil"-M Shadows

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Sun May 11, 2014 6:42 pm

View Original PostEvangelionGodMode wrote:Fuyutski, End of Evangelion- "Sweet Jesus, Its an anti-AT Field". Lol ,sorry but i could never take him serious when he said that.

Heh, I still can't get over how bored the English Dub fuyutsuki sounded (as well as everyone's favorite, 'Black Hyuga"). Another great foul that the Dub committed, from Episode 1:
"Every single missile hit the target!"
That one line is so... hilariously out of place? I mean, yeah, I guess what he said was true, but hell, that exclamation was immense![/b]
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!" -Jim Steinman
"When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar." -Bruce Springsteen
"Alcohol is humanity's friend... Can I abandon a friend?" -Yang Wen-li
"...See you on the Dark Side Of The Moon~"

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”