The headcanon thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Another believer in Clonesuka. At long last.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:26 am

*British Seele is named Halesus Poole. He later tries to murder Shinji. Halesus from the figure in the Æneid, Poole from 2001. Also it sounds like and is from pool, which is a kind of body of water.

I'll name the other three Seeles while I'm at it.

*American Seele is named Langdon Edwards. Langdon from Langdon Cheves, the ship my grandfather served on, that from a 19th century Representative and House Speaker, Edwards from Jonathan Edwards.
*Russian Seele is named Владимир Ионавич Анисимов (Vladimir Ionavich Anissimov). Vladimir from Lenin (and the name means "Great in power" or "Lord of the World"...), Ionavich is "Jonahson" to continue a naval theme, and Anissimov is the name of a ridiculous former transhumanist.
*French Seele is... er... something with some element of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin's name in it? And the name of some ship or something?
Last edited by Lavinius on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Lord ikari shinji
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Lord ikari shinji » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:12 am

Asuka likes to watch Shinji mastbate. :bigeyes:
lord Ikari solo's all less-er beings
----------------------------------------
MY OTP:
~hardcore Shinji/Asuka shipper`
-LAS 4 life-

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:04 pm

Asuka was actually talking to Ritsuko when she made that comment of adults licking one other's wounds during Instrumentality.

:ritsuko_mug:

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:37 pm

Misato watched 999 hours of anime space opera so she could learn how to behave like a proper ship captain
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:39 pm

Her ideal being Yurika Misumaru in Martian Successor Nadesico.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Rei is basically a god the entire time, she just doesn't care to use her power.

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:29 pm

My headcanon involves, at one point, Asuka having zero romantic feelings for anyone except Kensuke. She's attracted to his otaku-ness and he smells a certain way that she's infatuated with. In her adult life, she finds his remains and brings him back the same way Gendo brought back his beloved.

No seriously, if your fanfic doesn't involve KensukexAsuka then it is literally filth and you should burn it. They are pure and perfect OTP, they are like chickpeas and olive oil in compatibility, ready to spread that delicious hummus.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:42 pm

View Original Postr1cepurin wrote:She's attracted to his otaku-ness and he smells a certain way that she's infatuated with.

Are you sure you're not talking about Mari? Team glasses FTW :D
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:50 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Rei is basically a god the entire time, she just doesn't care to use her power.
Isn't that kind of canon? I mean, wasn't Rei's AT Field in 24 stronger than any one they'd ever seen 'til that point, or something?

›in b4 GReit Reice of Yith.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:51 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Are you sure you're not talking about Mari? Team glasses FTW :D

Kensuke exists so that way he can penetrate through Asuka's many holes, as well as reveal her true self, as being his goddess in a world where they'll rule for eternity.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:54 pm

But......but...team glasses ;_;

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Asuka is so mad in NGE because Mari does not exist to sooth her with gentle caresses.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:56 pm

Eva Mark.06 and Armaros are different versions of the same being.

Asuka is a deep-closet toku fan. She's seen every single episode of Ultraman and her boxes of personal belongings are full of a model kits and vinyl figures.

Seele and their cronies never come back from the Sea of LCL. Some time after Misato and Kaji return, they go public with the information they've uncovered, blow Seele's dirty secrets wide open, and ensure that their power base is destroyed for good.

Kaworu and Rei are both reborn as normal humans.

Within the century, humanity unlocks the secrets of the S2 engine. Using that knowledge and the other technologies pioneered by Project E, they usher in a new golden age of medical science, technological development, and energy production.

One of Nadia and Jean's descendants is in charge of a European Nerv branch.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:02 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:One of Nadia and Jean's descendants is in charge of a European Nerv branch.

So you assume TSOBW is in-continuity with EVA? Hmmm, Project E may also lead to the technology seen in Gunbuster. In fact, i'm beginning to believe the space monsters from Gunbuster are really Angels from a planet that was seeded by the FOL

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Maybe in continuity with Rebuild (and its wealth of references), but the lore for NGE doesn't quite match up unless the Atlanteans are actually the FAR and the Adam in Red Noah is a failed prototype of the Seeds.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:45 pm

More likely the Atlantians came from a world seeded by the FOK and Earth was simply a world they later colonized. So from a timeline perspective, FAR = the dinosaurs, and Atlantis = the Egyptians

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:03 pm

If you assume Gargoyle was just full of crap and feeding Nadia a line of lies to justify his Atlantean supremacist mindset, it's easier to make the pieces line up.

Another headcanon: One of the Adams exploded during Second Impact, was reconstructed as the Key of Nebuchadnezzar and later grew into Eva 13.

The fourth "missing" one was still in Antarctica, holding the Door of Guf open and possibly impaled on a spear. The Wunder fell out of the Door before it closed.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:44 pm

Related -- TTGL is just the far future world after 3I. Spiral Power is what drives the S2 (super-solenoid) engines.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:14 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:But......but...team glasses ;_;

:marihearts: :kensuke_drool:

Is practically confirmed. I shippem' so much.

My head-canon:

- :shinjired: :asukahearts: somehow end up together (in both iterations)
    - Rei isn't a ghost after Third Impact (EoE)
    - Instrumentality solved all problems of the childreans
    - Asukas Ending from GoS
    - Asuka likes Leberkäs
    - Second try/Ghost of Evangelion
    - Rei is not 24/7 vegan
    - Misatos drive skills aren't that bad
    - Asuka makes a line about pride like Light Yagami
    - Mari and Kensuke (or Mayumi)
    - Shinji becomes a Kaji-eske figure in the future or Kaji sees himself in Shinji [partly confirmed]
    - WILLE is Kajis idea
    - Kaji comes back after EoE
    - Kaji sets up a peggy-sue
    - Kaji gets a happy ending
    - Kaji sees through Misatos lies
    - my fic
    - Gendo is fixed after 3. Impact
    - fgsfds
    - After EoE (and everyone is back) SEELE attempts to initiate 4th Impact and Evangelion becomes a Space Opera where Shinji, Asuka and Misato have to travel through different galaxies and fight Seeds of Lilith or Adam (MY NEW FIC IDEA) [and turns into Mass Effect or Shinji & W40k]
    - Asukas eye is fine in both iterations
    - Manga never existed
    - Anno would have shown 5 more mins at the beach
    - beach-episode
    - Asukas "komichi warui" is directed at him for jerking of but she immideatly says something like in the Pre-Train-Sequence like "just jerk off i like it" :devil:
    - Mana is a bitch
    - Rei and Kaworu confirmed (Adam and Lilith once again)
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”