Arqa-Apocrypha - state of the lore pre-Shin Eva

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Arqa-Apocrypha - state of the lore pre-Shin Eva

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:33 am

Here are the two pre-release "rants" from Reichu's Arqa-Apocrypha blog, containing the "state of the lore", as it is, Pre-Shin Eva.

https://www.arqacrypha.net/post/last-mi ... ase-rant-1
https://www.arqacrypha.net/post/last-mi ... ase-rant-2

While I'm in no state right now to add my thoughts or additional explorations in full, I've got to say that I find the Adams + Lilith theory in its finished form to be utterly fascinating and it makes a great deal of sense on multiple levels.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Arqa-Apocrypha - state of the lore pre-Shin Eva

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:17 am

I agree with Reichu's hypothesis that Shinji may have the soul of the Adams who may have been transformed into Evangelion Unit 01.
Reichu in her Blog had said that she believes that the Adams who could have become Eva 01 and have his soul stored in Shinji is Luvah (who represents Love, Passion and Rebel Energy).These 3 words go well with the character of Shinji in Rebuild who is so emotionally unstable that he has apparently caused the destruction of humanity to recover the person he loves and in the last film it could be precisely these 3 characteristics that will allow him to save the world using the true power of Evangelion 01 and Cassius's Spear. Furthermore Luvah also has a Fallen form called Orc which instead of be a being of love is being of hate and is called as Albion's Angel representing Lover of Wild Rebellion, and transgressor of God's Law. Is it therefore possible that Shinji's red eyes in 2.0 represent the destructive power of Orc while the purple eyes in the trailer represent the benevolent power of Luvah?

However I do not agree that Asuka Mari and Kaworu could be the reincarnations of the Adams who could having become Mark 06, Evangelion 13 and The Key of Nebuchadnezzar.

This is because it is not that I am completely in disagreement with her opinion but simply because I have my own theory:

I believe that Kaworu in this continuity may not be the reincarnation of one of the Adams, but an equal being created by the SEELE in ancient times and put into a kind of lethargy that would only awaken when the right time came (the Shinj'sawakening?).I think even The Key of Nebuchadnezzar instead of being of something pseudo-alive and organic like the Embryo of Adam it is instead like the 2 spears an object that could allow to obtain full control of the Instrumentality.

Perhaps instead Kaworu possessed the soul of one of the Adams and Gendo could have needed his death just to return his soul to the Evengelion 13 and with the Key of Nebuchadnezzar he will also sacrifice his soul to the Eva 13.
Obviously all of this is just my opinion and must admit that Reichu's hypothesis that all pilots possess the soul of a divine being is very intriguing and from my personal point of view would make Rebuilds more different from NGE than it is have been until now.

illeffeqt
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby illeffeqt » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:42 am

I’m excited to read more, but wish Reichu could finish with everything she wants to say before it starts being analyzed here.

These blogs are the only thing tiding me over while waiting for the movie and I will be very bummed if she gets discouraged by people jumping to conclusions prematurely.
j.

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:54 am

Seele are fourteen survivors (each member is two people fused into one via core-tech) of a humanoid sapience that, like the Atlanteans, existed on Earth long before we Lilin (”humans”) did. They had their own rise and fall; their people were brought to ruin via First Impact (which is no longer Giant Impact; it’s the same kind of event as the other Impacts now), which left their souls entombed inside the depths of the Black Moon, within failed attempts to uplift themselves to the divine state of Infinity

...Since Seele are consciousness trapped inside core-based technology, they rely upon the Lilin to carry out their wishes;

I wonder if Reichu has read the Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind manga. I've mentioned this back on another theory thread but there's an entity called (if you want to look it up)
SPOILER: Show
the Master of the Crypt of Shuwa
in the manga that (will try to avoid spoilers) has a role and physical presence very similar to how SEELE are shown in Rebuild. The following quote/paraphrased translation from the Gwern source anthology is from June magazine in 1996.

In Anno’s view, Miyazaki’s greatest work is volume seven of the Nausicaa manga...... Anno wished that Miyazaki would stop making anime and focus on the Nausicaa manga. Miyazaki struggled greatly with how to end the manga; now, Anno completely understands how Miyazaki felt. According to Anno, Evangelion ended up being a cross between Devilman and volume seven of the Nausicaa manga.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:22 am

View Original Postilleffeqt wrote:I’m excited to read more, but wish Reichu could finish with everything she wants to say before it starts being analyzed here.

These blogs are the only thing tiding me over while waiting for the movie and I will be very bummed if she gets discouraged by people jumping to conclusions prematurely.

Reichu will be glad that you appreciate her blog. Having her own blog and a dedicated group of people who are fully supportive of her means that she's free to analyze material to its fullest and complete her theories, and I think she'll be more successful at doing so than ever before. I think she'll eventually gather a dedicated group of fans elsewhere in the Eva fandom who'll encourage her to go on and do a better job than ever before, and help her in gathering rich material to work with. Also, being off EGF keeps her free from...

eldomtom2 wrote:Lore was never a priority for Evangelion and was produced solely as the plot dictated.

... a peanut gallery of people jumping to conclusions or provocative replies like the one above that she doesn't need to see.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 pm

View Original PostLacissal wrote:I wonder if Reichu has read the Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind manga. I've mentioned this back on another theory thread but there's an entity called (if you want to look it up)
the Master of the Crypt of Shuwa
in the manga that (will try to avoid spoilers) has a role and physical presence very similar to how SEELE are shown in Rebuild. The following quote/paraphrased translation from the Gwern source anthology is from June magazine in 1996.

She has! She made a few tweets about the parallels

I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:41 pm

I also believe Reichu is right on the fact that Anno could have used the Giant God Warriors as inspiration for Rebuilds. Also in Shin Godzilla, Godzilla in his fifth humanoid form resembles the Giant God Warrios and in addition to the n Until You Come To Me also the 4 beings with the spears in the mouth that may be the Adams resemble the Giant God Warriors.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:39 pm

Not to mention that the God Warrior film was used as a run-in for screenings of 3.0.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:10 am

That was ballsy of her to put it out right before it could potentially be falsified.

It would be a whole other thing to say that she called it *after* the movie airs

Given the hints we got i think the idea that some of the evas were made from excavated "white giants" or the pilots all having artificial origins is not at all unlikely, though i don't think they'll have all 5 turn out to have "angelic souls"
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:00 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:That was ballsy of her to put it out right before it could potentially be falsified.

Reichu is fairly confident that it won't be falsified, so she put it out for that very reason, to have it out there before she could have known anything about it.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:20 am

Well, we’ll see if her confidence is justified. I think this theory is way too complicated and multi-layered for anyone to be convinced that it will be true.

I’d say that most of her theories will probably be wrong. Not trying to disparage her with this, that’s just how fan theories work. But such a complicated theory probably won’t be entirely correct, even ignoring the issue of how so much exposition could possibly fit into the movie.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:52 am

You do realize that these are ideas on more than one thing, right?

Reichu, in her own words, "strives to be incrementally less wrong". She's aware that most likely, not all of her predictions will be true, but does believe in the basic framework and that at least a portion of the things in there will turn out correct in some shape.

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:29 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:You do realize that these are ideas on more than one thing, right?

Yeah, I know. Why would you think I wouldn't realize?
Reichu, in her own words, "strives to be incrementally less wrong". She's aware that most likely, not all of her predictions will be true, but does believe in the basic framework and that at least a portion of the things in there will turn out correct in some shape.

Okay, that's actually a pretty good attitude, and it overlaps quite a bit with the opinions I expressed earlier. You made it seem like she's convinced all her ideas will turn out to be correct.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:44 pm

I feel these are relevant
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:11 pm

View Original PostBusterMachine4 wrote:
View Original PostBlockio#911820 wrote:You do realize that these are ideas on more than one thing, right?

Yeah, I know. Why would you think I wouldn't realize?

Must have misread what you said, it kinda sounded to me like you took these self-titled rant posts as one big, connected entity instead of a collection of potentially unrelated thoughts; if that's not the case, this one's on me

Okay, that's actually a pretty good attitude, and it overlaps quite a bit with the opinions I expressed earlier. You made it seem like she's convinced all her ideas will turn out to be correct.

That was poor wording on my part in the initial post, I since went back to make it a bit clearer what I actually meant by that

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”