Let's help each other avoid spoilers online

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Let's help each other avoid spoilers online

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:27 pm

Good example of how fast there will be spoilers.

It seems there was a midnight screenig for 3.0 back in the day. BEFORE the film was over someone in Japan had uploaded this to the internet.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Ritsuko's new design:
SPOILER: Show
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:09 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:It seems there was a midnight screenig for 3.0 back in the day. BEFORE the film was over someone in Japan had uploaded this to the internet.

Ah. I remember that day. I was working on set that night so I wasn't able to check the forum until the following morning and when I did there was already like a 20 page thread where everyone was trying to decipher random tweets and posts from Japan through translation. The talk was all Adam Evangelion 13 this & Mari is Gendo's Mom that & the Earth is an Angel Now this & Asuka is the 29th Angel that.

I admit it was funny how a random 5 word translation would throw everything into chaos. And the talk of it all put wild images in my head that were way outside what the movie actually was.

Eva can do that. When 2.0 came out someone said "Evangelion Unit 01 shoots giant lasers out of its eyes at the end!" and that seemed wildly out of sync with what the series was but when I saw the film it fit perfectly.

Good times.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:20 pm

I just remember hearing about the timeskip and having a hard time imagining how that would be a good idea. I think back then I wanted Rebuild to be NGE 2.0. I was 16, so cutting myself some slack there.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:10 pm

Let's not forget how people called Wille "WILL-E" for YEARS
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:04 pm

How about we do forget exactly that... -o-;

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:03 pm

Guess this is relevant again, time to embrace the IMPACT because the spoilers are coming very soon!
The Angels (metaphorically the Shin spoilers) are going to appear in less than a month, enough time for humanity (metaphorically EVA fans) to be prepared for the worst!
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:06 pm

The curse of this thread has finally been broken :gendo_yay: :gendo_yay: :gendo_yay:

... maybe

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:27 pm

Can you imagine yourself 3 months later this year when Shin EVA was already released in Japan and we have a few tidbits of information about it and of course spoilers (mostly fake ones, though)?
I can't, sure a lot of cool stuff is going to happen until that point. I imagine a lot of people will succumb to spoilers too, maybe it includes myself (besides that spoilers about anything are very useful because you can always utilize them in your favor during internet discussions :tongue:)
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:48 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:We are 9 days away from release and some of us (myself included) are trying to go in bling and lock ourselves away from all the discussions about the movie.
The internet however is a cruel place and spoiler can be anywhere, a bit like communists according to US propaganda in 50s.

To paraphrase Senator Joseph McCarthy, "I have in my hand a list of Shin Evangelion spoiler posters on the Evageeks Forums!" So if you really want to avoid spoilers while being on social media, good luck, because they'll be everywhere.

So while I don't have any good tips to stop it, I do have a suggestion: if you see something that looks like a spoiler, contact the staff first and let us handle it.

Something strange in the neighborhood? Who you gonna call? Moderators!

Ghostbuster and McCarthy jokes aside, the last thing we need is for someone to spot a nonexistent spoiler like one of McCarthy's nonexistent "Communists in the State Department" and then cause a public fuss that leads to 3.0 + 1.0 actually getting spoiled. Yes, the public reaction to what looks like a spoiler can be more spoilery than the so-called spoiler itself.

Actually, hold on, I think I should add that to the spoiler policy if it's not already there.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:52 pm

I am going to fundamentally change how I use the internet over this one film lol.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:08 pm

^
That's exactly me. I already initiated my plans of changing the use of the internet, until now I think I'm pretty safe from spoilers and actually entertainment media overall, the greatest threat is YouTube, the random Japanese/english EVA content I get recommended is definitely something noticeable, but it's easy to fix that, just create another account and don't search EVA related stuff for a while, do/watch something other than EVA.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:22 pm

Little PSA for everyone paranoid about spoilers - I've added a point 1(h) to the spoiler policy about NOT calling out "spoilers" in-thread.

thread/20427/Spoiler-Policy-for-Evangelion-30-10/

Remember, protection from spoilers is like protection from COVID-19. You don't just keep yourself safe from spoilers, you keep everyone else around you safe too!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:24 pm

In the YouTube app you can activate "anonymous mode", this mode does not use your preferences and the algorithm will not suggest anything. Every time you close the app, the history data will be deleted. In the PC version, you can use the browser's anonymous mode, and you will not be logged in on platform.

I recommend that you test the "anonymous mode" in the app immediately, to find out how YouTube behaves and whether it will satisfy you. I never used this mode either.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:10 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Little PSA for everyone paranoid about spoilers - I've added a point 1(h) to the spoiler policy about NOT calling out "spoilers" in-thread.

This is next-level-spoiler prevention.

About Youtube, I have been saying "not interested" to any Eva content.

As if I could lie to Google at this point. :lol:

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Google is a mind reader. I always find it strange how some suggested videos or content always seem linked to my life at that moment. Lot's of conspiracy about that.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:11 pm

Almost off topic, but since we're talking about Anonymous Mode on YouTube I find it extremely sketchy, either it's because of an error or something else but it doesn't simply ignore some of my previous searches/preferences at all, that's something to be aware off, it's very brief though.
Also, the Not Interested button is by all means useless for me, I lost the notion of how many times I had to press it against random anime clips YouTube sends me which I'm not even interested at!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:52 pm

I'm probably going to spoil it for myself. I want closure.

The_Max
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby The_Max » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:34 am

IMO you are taking the spoiler thing too seriously. Even if you hide from them like Shinji in 2.0, spoilers will come to you the same manner EVA-02 crashed into Shinji's refuge.

Just use a soft policy of avoiding them when identified or look suspicious. Remember: I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away, I mustn't run away...
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:42 am

I dunno. I think if you want to avoud them it's possible. It's not like this is Force Awakens in 2015. Maybe inside Japan, but outside not so much.
I will believe.

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:38 am

:tongue: Spoilerrrrrs
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”