Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:31 am

Some JP Eva fanartists I followed also talked about something something "Da Capo" yesterday but I didn't pay attention to what they were actually talking about, looks like it was first appeared in 5ch.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:37 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Yeah, where does the album picture come from? That could be a very good hoax, or it could be the genuine article released by Utada or an official outlet. I've passed on the link to the image to the other staff so we can figure out what to classify this as.

The tweets mentions baidu, the chinese google/social network.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:05 am

On the Hikaru Utada's official website, there's a similar picture, but the track list is blurred (source):
SPOILER: Show

The picture is hosted on the Sony Music Japan website domain.

The possible leaked image also says that the instrumental tracks will only be available in the CD edition (CDのみ / CD only).
It doesn't help to prove anything, but it's something.

Also, the official Utada's staff Twitter account has one too:
@hikki_staff on Twitter  SPOILER: Show

[this edit changed the image to a more quality one and added the tweet stuff]
Last edited by JoelcrNeto on Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:11 am

The blurred version has the text and spaces lining up with the leaked image, it's real.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:36 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:The blurred version has the text and spaces lining up with the leaked image, it's real.

I guess someone could have fabricates the leaked image to line up. I'm a Smash Bros fan so I've seen insane wffort go into fake leaks lol.

I just wouldn't gwt the excitement behind making a fake somg name.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:37 am

JoelcrNeto wrote:On the Hikaru Utada's official website we have a similar picture, but the track list is blurred (source):

Huh, this seems to be a clearfile folder. The leaked image with unblurred tracklist has no barcode and more or less only says Coming 2021, while this one still has the original release date, so the former is an updated version. I wonder if it's supposed to be revealed to public soon?

EDIT:
I have too much free time so I put the leaked pic on top of the blurred version and lowered the opacity, the text and spaces do match up perfectly. It's the real deal, lads.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:49 am

^
Yes, it is a "novelty clear file" (ノベルティのクリアファイル) that will be distributed to 200 people through a lotery.

I was checking Japanese texts to the best of my knowledge, I didn't find any grotesque or common spelling mistakes in non-native speakers (which I have already made several haha).

Edit: yeah, there is a huge possibility of being real.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:56 am

I feel this is official.

The film was delayed so close to release with the marketing in full swing that there are bound to be things that'll slip through. Like the TV Spot that aired last week. It was likely already paid for so even though the movie had been delayed to an unspecified date they still aired for it. Waste of money otherwise.

Since the Utada Hikaru CD was such a close release to the film - just 4 days after - I imagine they'd have wanted critics to give the music a listen and time to write a review. If they'd shipped out any physical copies to critics or industry people it would probably would've been put in the mail around the same time the film was delayed.

A film release is a speeding train with a lot of moving parts. Covid was the big obstacle on the train tracks that forced the emergency brakes to pulled and bring everything to a stop.

A slip through certainly.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:44 am

I also think we don't need to worry much about Sagisu's score album spoiling the film because the track names usually aren't related to the scenes they're used, unless he suddenly goes John Williams and named his tracks like "The Death of Shinji Ikari" or "Duel of the Evas".

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:49 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:I also think we don't need to worry much about Sagisu's score album spoiling the film because the track names usually aren't related to the scenes they're used, unless he suddenly goes John Williams and named his tracks like "The Death of Shinji Ikari" or "Duel of the Evas".

IIRC, One of the unreleased tracks of EoE was called "Asuka's Death" or something like that, but was an unreleased track so nobody knew it until 2015 If I'm correct.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:07 pm

Oh, one of the unused S2 Works tracks from the EoE section included the description "Asuka's death". Those track translations/descriptions were from at least mid-2000's if not early 2000's, I think?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:28 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Yeah, where does the album picture come from? That could be a very good hoax, or it could be the genuine article released by Utada or an official outlet. I've passed on the link to the image to the other staff so we can figure out what to classify this as.

Yeah, this is for real. But I spoke to a couple of the other staff, and all of us agreed that this really wasn't a thing to invoke the password protection over. There's just no context for it being a spoiler.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:54 am

Megumi Ogata:
"[Announcement] Tomorrow. At noon and night. There will be two announcements. I'm sorry, thank you for your cooperation."
Could be Eva-related, could be not. But worth to note nonetheless just in case.

EDIT:
It's not Eva. Good thing she immediately clarified this because some people in the replies and QRTs are already speculating. :tongue:
Last edited by GhostlyOcam on Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby JuanSorel » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:01 am

If it were Eva related i guess more people would make this kind of pre-anouncement, but who knows.

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:33 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:It's not Eva. Good thing she immediately clarified this because some people in the replies and QRTs are already speculating. :tongue:

What if she's hiding it because it has to be a big surprise? :devil:

EDIT:
Nobody talks about this?
https://play.google.com/store/movies/details/Evangelion_3_0_1_0_Thrice_Upon_a_Time?id=568CEC47F1C79057MV&fbclid=IwAR2AsORwvGcOR_x-DSm-FYhNQLJ47KnGepc0CsImmlb7JRyjUkudjrm-Jaw
Last edited by Mr. M on Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:20 am

Eva fans go from one deception to another :D Anno feeds on that and he has become stronger than ever!
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:46 pm

What are the implications here? That we'll be able to purchase it digitally?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:12 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:

What are the implications here? That we'll be able to purchase it digitally?

Probably a place holder for when that day comes, whenever that may be.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:28 pm

The other three films are also on Google Play, just saying.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:43 pm

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:The other three films are also on Google Play, just saying.

Yeah and you can't purchase those either, so that basically confirms there's nothing to see here.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”