Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby BusterMachine4 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:53 pm

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:Tajai needs an instant ban for that racial slur, or are we allowing racists into this forum?

Well, he's an anime fan, so I doubt he meant to be racist against Japanese people. I think he just didn't realize it was a slur. It's worthy of a mod warning, but certainly not ban-worthy.

Talking about that preview though, it looks neat even in storyboard form! However, I continue to be perplexed by Unit 1's role in this movie. How is the whole thing restored to the way it was in the first two movies, even the hangar it's stored in? I'm convinced it's either time travel or another surreal vision sequence.

ArtyumR
Adam

Postby ArtyumR » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:02 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Would it really change anything as far as the overall plot goes?

Because Shinji being angry about what happened to Asuka after the Bardiel situation was still a huge plot point.

Maybe you'd get a few extra scenes of Shinji & Asuka doing more explicitly romantic stuff and the elevator scene would end slightly different ("Ah, so you're just friends. What a relief!")
Conversely even if Rei wasn't a love interest she'd still be a comrade/friend that protected him from a giant laser beam before.

I've been playing through SRW V for months now and even when I don't care about eva when it comes to gameplay and stuff like that ('cause I'm more of a gundam guy) SRW V is not quite...mm...I don't know how to explain it the game's trying to tell me something...yikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITrnrGm_juE&feature=youtu.be

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:03 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Not trying to back-seat mod but please understand that is a slur.

Thank you for calling it out. We have taken notice and will act upon him accordingly.

Thesufferingpumpkin wrote:Tajai needs an instant ban for that racial slur, or are we allowing racists into this forum?

BusterMachine4 wrote:Well, he's an anime fan, so I doubt he meant to be racist against Japanese people. I think he just didn't realize it was a slur. It's worthy of a mod warning, but certainly not ban-worthy.

Thesufferingpumpkin and BusterMachine4 - what you are engaging in is the very definition of backseat moderation. Do not repeat this again. BusterMachine4, you are on thin ice already. Pray it does not give way beneath you.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

Postby BusterMachine4 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:10 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:BusterMachine4, you are on thin ice already. Pray it does not give way beneath you.

Sorry, no need to threaten me. I try not to backseat mod, but when something is generating controversy already I want to give my opinion on it. I understand what you mean though, better to just ignore people calling for bans than to give your own opinion on what the punishment should be.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Please give rip of new NTP soon Japanese Evabros; I'm losing my mind with no new juicy info on the days that were supposed to lead up to the premiere.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:22 pm

View Original PostBusterMachine4 wrote:Sorry, no need to threaten me.

There's a difference between a threat and a warning. You have been warned for this very behavior before, and ignored our warnings not to repeat it.

For anyone who wants to call out an issue or a problematic post, please either PM a member of the staff, or use the report function (the exclamation mark button), so that we can deal with it accordingly.

Hui did the right thing by calling out the post in question as having a racist slur, and it would have been better if they had followed up with a PM to the mods, or using the report function.

Do not talk back and do not make presumptions about what mods should or should not do. Also, please do not discuss banning members in an open thread - think about what it would feel like if a group of people started talking about banning you in the open.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:35 pm

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:Please give rip of new NTP soon Japanese Evabros; I'm losing my mind with no new juicy info on the days that were supposed to lead up to the premiere.

Today is the last day of 3.333 screening so it's also the last chance if they want to record it, or maybe they already did and used it as a base for the fanmade sketch PV since it really doesn't count as a camrip nor it crossed the piracy law, for now.

Anyways, tonight is 2.0's airing and if 1.0 last week was any indication, expect to see a lot of new juicy infos about the film being spilled by the staffs. I'm very much looking forward to 3.0 next week too.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:39 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Please give rip of new
Anyways, tonight is 2.0's airing and if 1.0 last week was any indication, expect to see a lot of new juicy infos about the film being spilled by the staffs. I'm very much looking forward to 3.0 next week too.

Why you think they'll drop new info from a 2.0 tv airing?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:42 pm

^^^
The film staffs were very active on Twitter during 1.0 airing and they dropped quite a lot of details about the film and CRC, they're mostly technical stuff (which I'm quite fond of), but the biggest one is Shigeto Koyama's tweet saying he drew something in the film that has something to do with the Key of Nebuchadnezzar that people won't notice until they've seen Shin Eva.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:03 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:
View Original PostBusterMachine4#907760 wrote:Sorry, no need to threaten me.

Hui did the right thing by calling out the post in question as having a racist slur, and it would have been better if they had followed up with a PM to the mods, or using the report function.

Noted for the future. I was going to use the report function but then I worried it would be overboard after I made my post. Clearly it would not have been.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:07 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:^^^
The film staffs were very active on Twitter during 1.0 airing and they dropped quite a lot of details about the film and CRC, they're mostly technical stuff (which I'm quite fond of), but the biggest one is Shigeto Koyama's tweet saying he drew something in the film that has something to do with the Key of Nebuchadnezzar that people won't notice until they've seen Shin Eva.

I hope we get to see more cryptic lines regarding the EVA movies and Shin coming from Khara staff today. :harpy_liplick: :harpy_liplick: :harpy_liplick: :harpy_liplick:
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:19 pm

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:I hope we get to see more cryptic lines regarding the EVA movies and Shin coming from Khara staff today. :harpy_liplick: :harpy_liplick: :harpy_liplick: :harpy_liplick:

^ Related to this particular post...

"21: 00-Friday Road SHOW!
Broadcast of "Evangelion New Theatrical Version: Destruction

The original message has arrived from the cast this time as well

In the data broadcasting, there is also a poster present project of "Shin Eva" with autographed cast"

"The original message has arrived from the cast this time as well" sounds intriguing.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:29 pm

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:
View Original Posthui43210#907744 wrote:
Not trying to back-seat mod but please understand that is a slur.

Tajai needs an instant ban for that racial slur, or are we allowing racists into this forum?

Jesus christ, I didn't notice. I'm really sorry about that, it wasnt my intention to use a degenerative term against Japanese.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

Postby BusterMachine4 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:29 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:"The original message has arrived from the cast this time as well" sounds intriguing.

I think Google Translate might have messed it up. The “original message” mentioned is probably a new thing with the cast members talking about the movie, telling the audience to go see the final one whenever it comes out, you get the picture. I would be surprised if anything notable happened.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:34 pm

View Original PostEscapismIsBad#907778 wrote:"The original message has arrived from the cast this time as well" sounds intriguing.

I'm expecting probably another message from Megumi, much like the one that aired when NTV roadshow broadcasted Eva 1.0 a few days ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX_XAzQ0o0M

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:39 pm

An off-screen capture of the new footages from the TV spot. That's the Black Moon behind New Unit-02 and whatever it's holding, right?

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:41 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:An off-screen capture from the new footages from the TV spot. That's the Black Moon behind New Unit-02 and whatever it's holding, right?

Oh boy. What in the blue blazes is happening here? What on god's heavenly red earth is Asuka's Eva reaching for? Also, black moon in the background.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:44 pm

The weapon actually shows up in a holographic form in AVANT1 (right screen). I guess it comes with the new armor.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:44 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:An off-screen capture of the new footages from the TV spot. That's the Black Moon behind New Unit-02 and whatever it's holding, right?

Alright guys, it's BIG ASS EVA SIZED LOLLIPOP TIME!
Anno really didn't spare any expenses. :w00t:
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:47 pm

Does this somewhat confirm the TV spots are different from the previews showcased at the IMAX screenings? This certaintly wasn't in the depicted sketches.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”