Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby Melkor » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:11 am

View Original PostMr. M wrote:This is interesting.
One of the Designer of 1.0 and 2.0 has revealed that in 1.0 there's something "spoily" about the Nebuchadnezzar's Key , that no one will find until Shin Eva.
https://mobile.twitter.com/joey__jones/ ... 88355?s=21

Welp, guess that means I'm rewatching 1.0 then..... Anyone else want to join me in attempting to figure out what it is?

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:20 am

View Original PostMelkor wrote:
View Original PostMr. M#907002 wrote:This is interesting.
One of the Designer of 1.0 and 2.0 has revealed that in 1.0 there's something "spoily" about the Nebuchadnezzar's Key , that no one will find until Shin Eva.

Welp, guess that means I'm rewatching 1.0 then..... Anyone else want to join me in attempting to figure out what it is?

We can do this together but the line “no one will find out until Shin Eva” + me being dumb ... dunno what I can make out of it
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Melkor » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:26 am

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:We can do this together but the line “no one will find out until Shin Eva” + me being dumb ... dunno what I can make out of it

I bet Reichu could figure it out.

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:36 am

The only two parallels that come to my mind are Rei's tube and the cover of the book "The Happy Prince". :um:

Last edited by Shun on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:40 am

Since the Nebu key looks like a small human nervous system, I think it has something to do with the weird internal chamber that looks obviously organic and has giant neurons.
SPOILER: Show

I think this chamber was only shown once in 1.0 during Shinji and Misato's descend to Lilith in Central Dogma and never seen again both in 2.0 and 3.0, unless the giant iris on the Earth surface in the latter has something to do with this too.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:49 am

^
This seems obvious to me,I always thought so too, I also hinted at a connection between the key, the room of 1.0 and the mouth of 3.0, thinking of some gigantic ancestral entity... I thought the spoiler concerned the shape of the key, i.e. that in 1.0 there was something with a similar shape.
Last edited by Shun on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Evangelion website

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:52 am

Yeah, Koyama mentioned something about a "spoilery design in 1.0 that I haven't told anyone about". I just rewatched 1.0 too last night since it's currently trending in Japan and I don't remember anything in particular. :|

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:04 am

If I remember correctly some fans have had theories about Shinji himself being the Happy Prince, because Kaworu referred to Gendo as the King of the Lilins and Mari called Asuka princess. As for the Nebuchadnezzar's Key we note that just as Lilith in 3.0 and Failures of Infinite is headless, Fuyutsuki had said that Gendo was also sacrificing his soul so it may be that Nebuchadnezzar's Key will be what will allow Gendo to control the Evangelion 13, Kaworu's soul and what remains of Lilith (initiating her resurrection and completing the pact with her, both mentioned to SEELE) through Rei precisely sacrificing him soul to them with the key :emogendo: :devil:

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:08 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Yeah, Koyama mentioned something about a "spoilery design in 1.0 that I haven't told anyone about". I just rewatched 1.0 too last night since it's currently trending in Japan and I don't remember anything in particular. :|

On a design level, it occurs to me that the key plunger going from top to bottom is reminiscent of the elevator going from top to bottom with which Misato and Shinji descend into dogma in 1.0. Consequently, since the plunger is the head of the key / nervous system, then those golden squiggles would represent the 1.0 neurons room. This is if we want to look for a parallel with the 1.0 elevator scene, otherwise I wouldn't know. :um:
My Evangelion website

The_Max
Adam

Postby The_Max » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:40 am

View Original PostShun wrote:The only two parallels that come to my mind are Rei's tube and the cover of the book "The Happy Prince". :um:

There you go
https://www.reddit.com/r/kawoshin/comments/ili3kd/evangelion_parallels_with_the_happy_prince_and/

In the end, the swallow asked to kiss the prince, any paralellism with the main theme song of 3.0 + 1.0 is an accidental coincidence :rolleyes:
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:11 am

The_Max I really hope One Last Kiss and the swallow asking to kiss the prince isn't just a coincidence. I'm damn curious, no one knows yet on 3.0 + 1.0 will be centered on Kawoshin or Reishin.I remember a video theory on Youtube that instead talked about the possibility that it was Asuka the swallow and Shinji the prince.

Shun
Lilith

Postby Shun » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:46 am

View Original PostThe_Max wrote:
View Original PostShun#907011 wrote:The only two parallels that come to my mind are Rei's tube and the cover of the book "The Happy Prince". :um:

There you go
https://www.reddit.com/r/kawoshin/comments/ili3kd/evangelion_parallels_with_the_happy_prince_and/

In the end, the swallow asked to kiss the prince, any paralellism with the main theme song of 3.0 + 1.0 is an accidental coincidence :rolleyes:

Oh yep, I already read the post on Reddit some time ago. Good point about OLK and the kiss among the swallow and the prince. But I was talking about the particular design of the cover and the design of the Nebu key. Obv, the design of the cover also recalls the swallow (the black part at the bottom right) kissing the prince (the white mouth). And I suppose that if we go to the extreme we could see other things too, like a reference to a loop considering the black circular arrow. But I don't want to go OT that far.
My Evangelion website

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:29 am

Theaters across Japan are voicing their supports for Shin Evangelion! I won't be surprised if this is something arranged by the distributors, but pretty cool nonetheless. At least there's no radio silence this time and they're trying to keep the hype as high as possible.

The way the posters and banners are still displayed and some of the merchs still being sold in theaters kind of gives me hope that it won't be too long until we get an update.

Cinema Sunshine Numazu:

T-Joy Hakata:

Yokohama Burg 13:

Kagoshima Mitte 10:

T-Joy Higashihiroshima:

Hiroshima Wald 11:
Last edited by GhostlyOcam on Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby dzzthink » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:54 am

I think it is meant to be the equivalent of a reduced Adam, even though the Rebuild doesn't mention this directly. It may have something to do with the giant figure with the nerves in the trailer. Since Lilith has exploded, the nervous system of the key resembles this red floating structure the best and may be a substitute.

also the nervous system is missing a head so maybe that has something to do with yui head in 3.33
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:21 am

dzzthink I believe that could simply the hand of Failures of Infinite that will be shown to us in the journey of Shinji, Asuka and Rei.
View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:As for the Nebuchadnezzar's Key we note that just as Lilith in 3.0 and Failures of Infinite is headless, Fuyutsuki had said that Gendo was also sacrificing his soul so it may be that Nebuchadnezzar's Key will be what will allow Gendo to control the Evangelion 13, Kaworu's soul and what remains of Lilith (initiating her resurrection and completing the pact with her, both mentioned to SEELE) through Rei precisely sacrificing him soul to them with the key :emogendo: :devil:
The key in theory should be Adam's embryo counterpart. Kaworu called the 2 spears the keys of Instrumentality and we saw that an Evangelion can open a Guf's Door, so why did Gendo need so badly to obtain the Nebuchadnezzar's Key if he already had the means to trigger impacts? So the key should be the only sure way to be able to perfectly control the results of the Instrumentality.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby dzzthink » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:42 am

oh yeah, in which case we may not need a giant Rei/headless entity. The climax may indeed just involve the gate
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby JuanSorel » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:46 am

Dunno. Nebuchadnezzar II is known for having restored Babylon to its former glory, and beyond. We have seen that there are way to restore the world, like Paris was in avant. Maybe it has something to do with that... Nebuchadnezzar was after all considered the great king of his era, and Kaworu calls him king of the lilim. It might all be just window dressing tough.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:56 am

I believe with the Nebuchadnezzar's Key Gendo could actually become a sort of king for the Evangelions after sacrificing his soul to Evangelion 13 and Lilith becoming the new God of the genesis himself and having both the Failures of Infinite and the new MPEs under his control.If Shinji is the prince he will have to beat his father to become the new king who will lead the people to safety.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:04 am

Twitter account posted today about a long interview with Anno in a magazine.

Would be good to see a translation of the interview

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:29 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Yeah, Koyama mentioned something about a "spoilery design in 1.0 that I haven't told anyone about". I just rewatched 1.0 too last night since it's currently trending in Japan and I don't remember anything in particular. :|

The red outline? The moon coffins? Something in Lillith's chamber?
The added talks between gendo and fuyu?

if there wasn't inbuilt rewatch value it wouldn't be eva

seems like this forum wont go out of business quite yet well be entertained for a while with the new cuts in Q and the last movie

even if the specific implementation changed, there were some a prior plotpoints that kaworus va was told of
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”