Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Velorex
Banned

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby Velorex » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:35 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:I jinxed it :moyoco_tears:
Damnit dude
[quote="GhostlyOcam#906515"]Ikuto Yamashita's response to the delay:/quote]

uh.. since when did 08 have 11 eyes? might be related to some shin thing/film twist

also Toho deleted shin's page.
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:01 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:So really, I think this is less to do with safety, and more to do with wanting the biggest amount of money possible.

No. Nothing to do with money, everything to do with safety.

The last thing anyone wants to do is release the movie and have crowds of otaku flood the theaters, with or without restrictions - or have them go to regions of Japan where the emergency is not in declaration and spread the virus.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:12 am

Khara released a "new" teaser on YouTube, with "coming soon" instead of release date: https://youtu.be/z1klJIyx060
Last edited by JoelcrNeto on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:18 am

^ The audio doesn't sound nearly as compressed as the last upload did...

Nice and crisp!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:32 am

^

The video is awful however :hahaha:

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:05 am

And the film's runtime remains a mystery.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:Postponing is painful for them, as they worked hard to be appreciated by people. It's as if all their work has been thrown away.

Yeah, call me crybaby but man going through the staffs' reactions genuinely makes me sad. The desperation is clear in their words, they want the film out as much as we do.

The silver lining is, since the film is already completely finished, there's a hope that the next release date won't be too much of a jump. I feel like the January announcement in October was too soon since the film wasn't finished back then, yet it was understandable since they want to ensure fans after the April delay although it didn't turn out as well as expected. Now what they have to do is wait until the situation is safe and secure another release date.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:22 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:Khara released a "new" teaser on YouTube, with "coming soon" instead of release date: https://youtu.be/z1klJIyx060

Can they throw us a bone and at least keep the release date for One Last Kiss on the 23rd?
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Hikikoboshi
Embryo

Postby Hikikoboshi » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:33 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:
View Original PostJoelcrNeto#906545 wrote:Khara released a "new" teaser on YouTube, with "coming soon" instead of release date: https://youtu.be/z1klJIyx060

Can they throw us a bone and at least keep the release date for One Last Kiss on the 23rd?

It got postponed as well:

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:36 am

View Original PostHikikoboshi wrote:It got postponed as well

This makes even less sense.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:47 am

View Original PostTheFriskyIan wrote:
View Original PostHikikoboshi#906596 wrote:It got postponed as well

This makes even less sense.

This is because it comes with some "secret song" that is most likely a spoiler.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:04 am

/\ nah, the songs are purely promotional. Unless this is something like KSD/EYED straight from Anno, I guess?

Let's hope we can get it now at a date when Japan is wide open for gaijin so we can all watch the movie at once, hopefully in person, and get the information straight away, no fake spoilers and shit. As I've mentioned before, before the 1st delay there were tons of EGF members with trips booked to Japan, which would have meant accurate information from the getgo. It also means an easier camrip. A simultaneous international release would be even better. Assuming they'd take 3 months or so to localize the movie, and that's the delay, it could definitely work. But I'm guessing releasing it alongside the Olympics is more likely, which wold mean a full one-year delay. A streaming release also seems unlikely, since it'd take too much of a dent in their profits.
Last edited by FelipeFritschF on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:05 am

What hurts the most is the inevitable radio silence that will spread among the Khara/Evangelion TWT accounts. It'll be weeks, maybe months before they even give us mere breadcrumbs of information in regards to a new release date. It's just gonna be like April all over again.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:14 am

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote: But I'm guessing releasing it alongside the Olympics is more likely, which wold mean a full one-year delay.

The problem is that the Olympics can be delayed again. I saw news that the Japanese are opposing the event.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:14 am

According to /a/ Apple music lists a new release date of March 3rd

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:According to /a/ Apple music lists a new release date of March 3rd

Wow, speak of the devil. Here I was saying it would take weeks/months for them to decide a new date, and this pops up. Oh well, all my anticipation for this new movie has died thanks to this new delay.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:22 am

I'd not believe that date. It could be a mistake by some Apple employee.
Buuut, has a chance to be right, let's pray.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:23 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:According to /a/ Apple music lists a new release date of March 3rd

That is something. Huh.

But let me reiterate, both this single and the OST contain spoilers, they won't come before the film.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:26 am

@ Tajai I want to have faith in the vacine and I hope that the Japanese government for the rest of the next winter's months will force the population to respect stricter social restrictions. If the vaccine proves to be successful and if they manage to minimize the number of people's masses to avoid contagions, the movie could even be released in late spring or early summer if cinemas have the right safety regulations. Honestly I am not afraid that we could have to wait until 2022, for me in the worst case we will have to wait until the autumn months. The current poster says Coming 2021 and the state of emergency will last until February 7th then the government will decide what to do for avoid contagions without damaging the economy too much.@ kuribo-04 that One Last Kiss has a date is a good sign, honestly March seems a little too early but with the vaccine and possible new safety regulations in cinemas we could still have a nice surprise. Let's hope.

intermediateO
Lilith

Postby intermediateO » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:34 am

This date actually matches the previous Wednesday release plan for January 27th that was planned.

So that would mean Shin Eva would probably be the preceding Saturday, which would be February 27th.
(If the EP date is true, that is. Lockdown is currently until Feb. 7th, so it could work out if you wanna stay optimistic)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”