EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: EVANGELION:3.333 discussion thread

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:27 am

@Kendrix
Yes, it definitely wasn't, damn, Misato is SO much tragic, probably the only thing she didn't lost this time is her life and maybe Kaji, because besides that it's just plain emptiness and sadness. I never realized she will never have children and the closest she got to it is Asuka and Shinji (and even then her relation at least with Shinji is purely painful since it depends on piloting the EVA), it's so sad she's fighting for the future but she probably will not be able to enjoy it like the others, at the same time this is so realistic and relatable (:|
Funnily Shinji wasn't even the trigger but Kaworu instead.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:11 pm

View Original Postbastianstix wrote:Not only the architecture, but Shinji and Kaworu are shown sitting in a bulk bed with the same design as the one shown in Aoba and Hyuga's room.
Besides, the glass panels behind them look suspiciously similar to the ones in the prison cell/isolation chamber shown in the other trailer. It makes sense that once Shinji is back in the Wunder they imprison him (again)

It reminds me Magneto's cell chamber in X Men 2.

That Sshinji is gonna be imprisioned shouldn´t be accepted as a bet : I'm 99,9% sure it's gonna happen.

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Thinking more about it, I think that the Wunder rooms are prefabricated and modular, and that the rooms Shinji, Asuka and Mari, and Hyuga and Aoba are shown are actually three different rooms, as I don't see why would Misato put Shinji in the same room as Mari and Asuka (even after some time passed and reconciliation happened, girls need their privacy!) and even less why would Hyuga and Aoba change their clothes in that room.

But that cell looks TOO ISOLATED. It's has an obvious imprisionment purpouse.

View Original PostJoseki wrote:
Asuka doesn't count because she was always pretty mean even when she just met him, she is just like that.

In her case, it feels like she is still holding a grudge. Screaming for his help at the beginning should be an obvious hint. I'm sure we'll know more about how she has felt for 14 years in Shin.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:32 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:That Sshinji is gonna be imprisioned shouldn´t be accepted as a bet : I'm 99,9% sure it's gonna happen.But that cell looks TOO ISOLATED. It's has an obvious imprisionment purpouse
Jäeger Also I am 100% sure that Shinji will be imprisoned, I believe that his will be a kind of pseudo isolation, in his room only the people that Misato considers adequate to deal with him such as Asuka, Mari, Sakura and Misato herself will be able to enter in his room (which may be under video surveillance) to be able to see and talk to him. It remains to be seen how the crew would react to the fact that Shinji will once again be pardoned by Misato, despite causing the 4th Impact.
In her case, it feels like she is still holding a grudge. Screaming for his help at the beginning should be an obvious hint. I'm sure we'll know more about how she has felt for 14 years in Shin.
I think Asuka won't say a single word on their journey until Shinji himself has the courage to open his mouth. She might scold him and push him back with her foot again if he stops on the street (this time maybe trample on the back of his head and give him a light kick in the head if what was shown in Peaciful Times is to be considered canon). Personally I believe Asuka's true emotions towards Shinji and how he made her feel in the 14 years between 2.0 and 3.0 may be revealed in the middle of the film or when Shinji goes against his father.

Neil-T
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Neil-T » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:56 pm

I haven't seen it come up in this thread yet, but I'm guessing Shinji still has his disappearing/reappearing choker in the revision.
“The ray of light called hope eternally shines upon humanity. But humanity also drown themselves, clinging on to the malaise known as hope.”

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:27 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:But that cell looks TOO ISOLATED. It's has an obvious imprisionment purpouse.

Oh, I don't discuss the fact that Shinji's room will probably be a cell room for him, I'm just saying that the room with Asuka and Mari suiting up, the room with Hyuga and Aoba suiting up and the the room with Shinji and "Kaworu" talking are actually three separate (but similar looking) rooms.

Now the question is which room is the isolated one in the shot of Asuka walking on a walkway. It could be Shinji's (cell) room, but I think that it's more probably Asuka and Mari's room, because I don't see Shinji's room not being guarded.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Sakura is forcing herself to be polite out of morals (and that's all anyone can expect from her under the circumstances & still more than most do), but all her lines are super awkward here & there it comes out that she doesn't really think so differently from the others (look how her voice changes when she says "that isn't ever coming off")

Mari genuinely doesn't seem to blame him for the same reason as Kaworu - they understand enough of the plan to know he's just a pawn. Though I doubt that Shinji found much comfort in her "Get a hang of yourself & man up!" speech. She meant it constructively ("Asuka is not dead yet, focus on that.") Being so unfazed by everything all the time makes her simultaneously more & less sympathetic, which I think is kinda cool.

The way I saw it, Sakura does care for Shinji and understands that he's not totally to blame for what happened, but still has some apprehensions around him, since she only knows of him what her brother told him. In fact, I'm not even sure anymore if the hate people feels toward Shinji is really hate for his part in NTI or a general fear against Eva pilots. (there's concept art that says that Asuka and Mari's room is made to isolate "dangerous people" from the rest of the crew)

Kaworu completely loves Shinji no matter what he does, so he doesn't count. As for Mari, I'll say that she's a mix of being knowledgeable and easy-going that don't make assumptions about people and see them as they are, which gives us that mix of batshit insanity and being grounded that makes her so different from the rest of the cast.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:14 pm

https://youtu.be/9vQVCW5vz68

A sketch of the 3.333 next time PV scenes
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:39 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:https://youtu.be/9vQVCW5vz68

No sign of EVA-02's rumored double-bladed sword sadly.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby JuanSorel » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:44 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:https://youtu.be/9vQVCW5vz68

With fans this desperate for anything new from Eva, Anno can delay this until 2050 and nobody is going to go anywhere soon. :devil:

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. M » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:47 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:
View Original PostMr. Tines#907740 wrote:https://youtu.be/9vQVCW5vz68

No sign of EVA-02's rumored double-bladed sword sadly.

IIRC, that scene was spotted on the TV spots, it was never showened in 3.333 preview (for what we heard until now)
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Fahrenberg_39
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fahrenberg_39 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:16 am

so, I recently saw this picture that looks exactly like some of the scene people mention appears in the new preview
and I wanna know if it does indeed come from it, cause I don't recall seeing it anywhere else
thanks in advice!

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:13 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Now the question is which room is the isolated one in the shot of Asuka walking on a walkway. It could be Shinji's (cell) room, but I think that it's more probably Asuka and Mari's room, because I don't see Shinji's room not being guarded.

It's isolated. Guards could be outside while he is watched by surveillance cameras, like Magneto's cell chamber. I don't expect that scene to be Asuka going back to her room. And I don't expect her living isolated from the rest of the crew. Or at least, SO ISOLATED. My bet is on Asuka talking to him, separated by the glass[/quote]

Kaworu completely loves Shinji no matter what he does

Kaworu loves EVERYBODY :D :D That's is the point of being Jesuschrist's Captain Ersatz. :w00t:
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:35 am

Fahrenberg_39 wrote:[...] I wanna know if it does indeed come from it, cause I don't recall seeing it anywhere else

Yes, it does! You can see it in another post.

Also, your picture doesn't show, use this URL either: https://i.ibb.co/SwBG43Y/FB-IMG-1611295458819.jpg
Your pic  SPOILER: Show

You used the URL of the website page, not the picture. To obtain the image URL, right-click and click "Copy image address" in the browser context menu :wink:
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:55 am

Chainsaw????

CHAINSAW <3<3<3
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:11 pm

^Yamashita's going to Yamashita.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:23 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:It's isolated. Guards could be outside while he is watched by surveillance cameras, like Magneto's cell chamber. I don't expect that scene to be Asuka going back to her room. And I don't expect her living isolated from the rest of the crew. Or at least, SO ISOLATED. My bet is on Asuka talking to him, separated by the glass

It depends if the note in the concept art that the pilots' room is made to isolate "dangerous" (aka able to contaminate other people) people, then the room in this shot might be Asuka and Mari's. Or maybe it's simply that this room is in a section closer to the Eva cages so they can access them quickly in case of emergency.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:06 am

View Original PostJäeger#907803 wrote:It's isolated. Guards could be outside while he is watched by surveillance cameras, like Magneto's cell chamber. I don't expect that scene to be Asuka going back to her room. And I don't expect her living isolated from the rest of the crew. Or at least, SO ISOLATED. My bet is on Asuka talking to him, separated by the glass

It depends if the note in the concept art that the pilots' room is made to isolate "dangerous" (aka able to contaminate other people) people, then the room in this shot might be Asuka and Mari's. Or maybe it's simply that this room is in a section closer to the Eva cages so they can access them quickly in case of emergency.

From my POV, that shot from the spot means "isolation cell" in visual language.

Of course, I could be wrong.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:25 am

In this week's Zoom-in Saturday! (a long-running talkshow, for those who don't know), footages from 3.333 were used to promote Q's airing on the 29th.

Could it be.. They're going to air 3.333?! :mari_love:
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:55 am

At least then dissecting the new images might keep us entertained for a bit
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:12 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Could it be.. They're going to air 3.333?! :mari_love:

If it can be really so, maybe there will be some Japanese brave enough to put the new 3.0 + 1.0 prewiev online even though they know that they risk getting a denial from Khara. But I personally would avoid legal repercussions only to spread some small spoilers on the web :tongue:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:19 am

There's a chance that 3.333 will air and close with a title card that says "Wille will return in Shin Evangelion" or something silly like that.

Another possibility is that Khara will release the new preview themselves on YouTube after the TV airing.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”