Shin Eva's Indefinite Delay Support Group

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Re: Shin Eva's Indefinite Delay Support Group

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:41 am

BLOODY HELL, HERE WE GO AGAIN.

:fuyu_facepalm:
I can't say I'm surprised about this in the least, even if I'm disappointed.
So much for the spoiler policy and the warnings and the false alarms...
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:10 am

The movie will come eventually. We all knew this was a possibility. Its not worth causing a spike in infections over.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:20 am

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:But due to Anno’s commitment to deliver a reworking of Evangelion in 4 films he absolutely owes us this final movie.

And he's finished the job. Don't use outside reasons for a delay in release to knock it.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

PenPenSakura
Embryo

Postby PenPenSakura » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:24 am

:facepalm:

。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

I even told my nom-anime friends about the movie and shared the music.

P.S. is anyone baffled at how Khara allows Ads/monetization on their official YouTube Channel? I think they are the only Studio who does it haha

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:32 am

From what I understand for the moment the situation is this: vaccines in Japan will not arrive before the end of February while the state of emergency will continue until February 7. So if we are lucky the film could be released in mid-spring or early summer if the cases of contagion drop. Do you think that in the next few months maybe we will get a new poster and a new teaser that reveal the new date?

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:34 am

Just release the movie online or something, other movie studios have done it.
We've had far more dangerous flu infections in the past and back then it wasn't necessary to post pone stuff this much.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:44 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:From what I understand for the moment the situation is this: vaccines in Japan will not arrive before the end of February while the state of emergency will continue until February 7. So if we are lucky the film could be released in mid-spring or early summer if the cases of contagion drop. Do you think that in the next few months maybe we will get a new poster and a new teaser that reveal the new date?

New trailer will probably be the 3.333 preview

New poster - probably not as it seems the latest one is the final theatrical poster

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:47 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Just release the movie online or something, other movie studios have done it.
We've had far more dangerous flu infections in the past and back then it wasn't necessary to post pone stuff this much.

I agree with this since there are now new strains of Covid popping up in some countries and these are more lethal than the original strain, plus people will happily shell of Jen/euros/dollars/pounds just to watch it.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:50 am

Wow, the movie really is delayed, though, it's fine, I somehow managed to know about this movie in a short span of time and I will still continue to live with or without it's existence, at least I just thanks the existence of Evangelion and the Rebuild movies since they're very important and helpful, thanks for you hard work Anno!
Must keep moving forward.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Lacissal
Lilith

Postby Lacissal » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:50 am

Current mental mantra;

-the first delay hit at probably the worst possible time in production and when no-one understood how Covid would affect everything
-the film is now 100% finished
-Japan's lockdowns and Covid situation, while relatively surging, is still a fraction of what other countries are going through
-it will come sooner rather than later, this is more likely a temporary pause than a full scale spanner in the works like last April

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:52 am

I mean, I'd like an online too, honestly. But Toho hasn't seemed to have invested anything in online distribution of that type. (Like, sure, I can watch Godzilla: Final Wars legally on YouTube, but that's a whole different business model.)

I'm sure the contract with Toei would also have to be renegotiated.

I have no idea what kind of deal Khara and its vast/crew has in the theatrical release, but I would think Khara would secure the home video releases separate from Toho? (I don't think that was true for Shin Godzilla, now that I think of it...)

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:57 am

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:
New trailer will probably be the 3.333 preview

New poster - probably not as it seems the latest one is the final theatrical poster

Yes on the fact that the new trailer could be the prewiev of 3.333 I agree with you, while on the poster instead I would not be surprised if they showed us maybe something like Shinji holding his SDAT music player and above him the Spear by Cassius and the Spear of Longinus are positioned on top of each other forming an X.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:59 am

If they were to stream the film, some revenue would be lost and the film would be easily pirated, et cetera...At the end of the day, streaming would clearly end up with loss of money for Toho/Toei/Khara, which is the reason they're not interested right now.

I am, of course, saddened that we have to wait even longer, but this is just how life goes, I'm afraid...

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:06 am

Maybe the movie will be released in March?
Idk why, it just feels so natural.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:08 am

I'm just hoping the film's bluray release doesn't happen...I dunno...in 2022. Summer would have been nice. Or Christmas.
I need a break from thinking about Eva lol

I just wanna watch the film when I'm in a good place. Which is hard these days.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:12 am

@ Zusuchan you are right, it is better to delay the movie rather than risk turning it into a possible waste of time and money.
@ kuribo-04 Well we should pray that the vaccine in the post-winter months can improve the situation, perhaps allowing the release of the movie before the summer but I doubt it.In Japan they should have immediately imposed stricter restrictions in various prefures instead they only fought at the bars and restaurants in Tokyo.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:19 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:@ kuribo-04 Well we should pray that the vaccine in the post-winter months can improve the situation, perhaps allowing the release of the movie before the summer

Yes, let's hope. :sniffle:
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 am

I mean, we all knew this was gonna happen deep down. I've even talked about it here on the forum. So, I'm actually not disappointed. It sucks, but what can we do? Lives first.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 am

I tried to warn people, I tried to warn myself, but man does this hurt.

To come so damn close to release only for it go back to TBA after 8 years of waiting really sucks. To see so many other anime films from Demon Slayer to Pokemon get a release while infections were down only for numbers to explode just in time for Eva really hurts. To see Western studios move to simultaneous streaming while 3.0+1.0 has to go to theaters before anyone can see it really hurts.

Finally, I have no idea when they can release this safely. Numbers in Japan jumped out of nowhere, and the current state of emergency doesn't have a lot of teeth. I just don't see it going down anytime soon without full vaccine rollout.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:32 am

The movie absolutely won’t be streamed before cinema release

The ongoing delay may hasten the dvd release though

And khara may indeed use this time to sort out script translations and subtitles

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”