Release Date: January 23, 2021 [DELAYED]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Release Date: January 23, 2021

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:35 am

PenPenSakura
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PenPenSakura » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:50 am

End me.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:01 am

It's not an indication of a delay yet.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:10 am

I found this translated from Japanese to English I don't know how reliable it is but let's hope:TOHO Cinema in the area where the emergency declaration is issued, the pre-sale of reserved seat tickets, which took place 2 days before the start of the screening, will be temporarily suspended and tickets after 8 January will be on sale on day of vision. So it would therefore seem that presale tickets are suspended at the moment, after 8 January they will perhaps be able to restart normal sales.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:33 am

Yeah, nobody jump off a bridge yet, they're still selling tickets, just that they have to follow new protocols... For now.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:40 am

@ hui43210 Yesterday I read a news that said that they would try to secure the cinemas and that for the moment they were not considering closing. So I guess they will use the time in which tickets are suspended to take the right measures to ensure a safer showing.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:57 am

So tickets are only available to buy on the spot and day-and-date for now, huh?

It's still quite a blow for Shin Eva since pre-orders for the midnight showing (regular and Q-Shin back to back) starts from January 13 assuming the emergency state is still happening come that day, but at least they're still trying to make cinemas run and that's like MILES better than what we expected.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:17 pm

@ GhostlyOcam It seems to me that I understand that this is the current situation: until yesterday in Japan there was the certainty that only bars, restaurants and discos would be subject to severe restrictions, in the latter hours the situation has changed. At the moment nothing is known about 3.0 + 1.0 only that on the 7th and 8th of this month the cinemas will be closed and those who bought tickets for those days will be reimbursed, after 8 it will be possible to buy tickets only on the day whose film will be screened what will happen next is still to be decided.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:02 pm

If the movie gets delayed (which I hope it won't), I have no idea which date could act as the new day of the release instead. The virus, as expected, is evolving. New strains of it have been found both in South Africa and in England (places quite distant from each other). We will only be really safe when the majority of the world's population is vaccinated and, even so, I believe that aspects of social distancing (such as wearing masks) will become part of our daily lives.
In this scenario, when would a possible release of 3.0 + 1.0 become viable? They will have to launch the movie in the middle of the pandemic, there is no other way. Otherwise, it will take too long.
Well, we are talking about Japan, though (whose society is much more organized than the one I have to deal with, for example). They'll find a way to deal with it!
Anyway, until we get an official information, I will continue to have faith that the film will be released on the 21st hahahaha
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:13 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:If the movie gets delayed (which I hope it won't), I have no idea which date could act as the new day of the release instead. Anyway, until we get an official information, I will continue to have faith that the film will be released on the 21st hahahaha
I have not yet checked if anything worrying was written in the social accounts of Khara, however a further delay of the movie is a choice that must be taken calmly and as you said the virus is changing, which means that it is better for they to prioiet it the first possible.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:39 pm

BernardoCairo wrote:In this scenario, when would a possible release of 3.0 + 1.0 become viable? They will have to launch the movie in the middle of the pandemic, there is no other way. Otherwise, it will take too long.

A recent animated film that broke box office records in Japan last year: “Demon Slayer the Movie: Infinity Train”, was released in the midst of this pandemic. However, the Japanese government may be more rigid and hamper Shin Eva's debut.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:08 pm

@ JoelcrNeto The problem is that if the movie will not release now when? When will the second version of the virus reach Japan and could the current vaccine even prove useless? Better they hurry, otherwise we never see this movie. Certainly the government will introduce earlier closing times and fewer fans inside the hall but better than nothing

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:25 pm

^
The new strain of the virus has been already arrived in Japan (and in my country too), and there is no scientific study at the moment that certifies that the current vaccine is effective or not. :shrug:
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:32 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:In my country a doctor said on television that the vaccine starts to take effect only after 7 days after the second injection ... If that's true, I guess we'll need more than 200 years, man ..This movie is cursed.
As I said in this my previous post, a doctor from the country where I live publicly said on television that the vaccine has already shown defects. We will see what Japan decides to do, the choice to close the cinemas or leave them open with many restrictions will probably depend on the number of contagions in the coming days. But it's really so damn frustrating if they delayed it right now that we were so close.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:17 pm

No vaccine is perfect. The coronavirus vaccines are all (so far) either as good as could be expected or better. There is clear consensus (from examining the actual proteins involved, and such) that the UK variant should be effectively controlled by existing vaccines.

There is another variant, in South Africa, which is also more highly transmissible. This has more protein changes than the UK one, and in this case there is concern that there might be changes whose effect might be to reduce the effectiveness of current vaccines. But it has been made clear that the existing vaccines can quickly be adapted to take account of this, if it is found necessary. That, of course, would still leave those already vaccinated in a weaker position.

Bear in mind that the vaccines are not training the body to recognise a single spike protein, but a number of them - so changes to one or two still leave targets which the vaccine trains the body to react against.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:28 pm

@ pwhodges the vaccine in Japan should arrive not before the end of February, which means that if the current vaccine proves effective and the new version of Covid does not affect many people if the movie is postponed again, its new date may not be before the summer. Heck I hope they will opt for cinemas with reduced hours and fewer customers rather than total closure until a later date.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:59 pm

About the whole "Demon Slayer situation", I believe that it was released in a different context from what Japan is actually living right now. I've been talking to some Japanese friends and they said that the situation is getting worst by the minute. I mean, they are still in a way better position than most of us (specially me, in particular). But their government may start to be more rigorous in regard to movie releases and other similar events.
About the vaccines, as far as I'm concerned, they are still effective against the new strains of the virus (basically because of what pwhodges wrote). But don't be surprised if, eventually, we all have to renew our doses.
Anyway, the new versions of the virus remain a concern, even with vaccines on the horizon. They spread really fast and, thus, have a lot of potential to overwhelm most hospitals around the world. I don't know if Japan is dealing with something similar to these "new evolutions". But if so, who knows what their government will do next?
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:15 pm

@ BernardoCairo it seems that we members of this forum and the Japanese fans are the only ones who are worried about a possible postponement of the movie, I was really surprised that until now no Twitter or Facebook page that talks about Evangelion that I follow has published any thoughts regarding the fear of a possible movie delay. Khara's Twitter account is currently silent, while the Evangelion Store on Facebook still marks the days left until themovie's release as if nothing had happened. I am shocked to see the internet go quiet at a time like this (:| :bigeyes:

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:16 pm

The movie will (not) be delayed.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:33 pm

^

Though, seriously, I don't think I'll feel 100% sure about its release until it's actually, you know, released.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”