Fuyutsuki's lance problem.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

Fuyutsuki's lance problem.

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:39 pm

In the teaser for 3.0 + 1.0 Fuyutsuki can be seen in Gendo pose overlooking Unit 13. The Unit has had it's "wings" clipped and it's shoulder pylons replaced. However the two lances remain in place despite the Unit being repaired to it's current state.
You'd think he'd remove the lances first before doing any repair work? This leads to the fact that he can't remove the lances without an Eva and pilot (with a soul) to remove them. Will he dump Unit 13 somewhere to let Wille discover it in order t o remove the lances? The lances prove to be a viable weapon against Evas, maybe Wille won't pass up the oppotunity to use them.
I watch and speculate.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Fuyutsuki's lance problem.

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:23 pm

Lance plucking isn't recommended in the Evangelion movies unless you wanna start an Impact of some sort. These things seem to keep Impact energy at bay in some weird way. I'd have to re-watch Eva Q to get the specifics down correctly, but Eva 13 does have a belly full of Giant Core Fetus 12 Angel whatever. Kaworu impaling the Eva unit with the spears does seem to be what partially helped prevent 4th Impact from completely destroying the world. If a Nerv tech (or whoever is employed by Nerv these days; as Gendo'sPapa said, the place seems to be fully automated at this point) is working to repair the Eva Unit, it's probably best to work around them.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:21 pm

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:In the teaser for 3.0 + 1.0 Fuyutsuki can be seen in Gendo pose overlooking Unit 13.

It's actually Gendo there. I thought it was Fuyutsuki at first, too, but if you look REALLY closely, you can see that the figure has Gendo's bushy hair. Fuyutsuki's is smoothed back.

This leads to the fact that he can't remove the lances without an Eva and pilot (with a soul) to remove them.

What Kaworu specifically says is:

Yes, Longinus and Cassius.
Two souls are needed to retrieve the two spears.

He's not talking about two Longinus Spears, which are what are stuck in Eva-13. He's talking about the wielding (or, more specifically, the "fetching") of two opposing but complementary Spears. We would have to have some inkling of why two souls are required for Cassius-Longinus wielding before we could start to generalize a rule from it and apply it elsewhere. As is, we don't have a clue.

FreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Giant Core Fetus 12 Angel whatever

Lilith's resurrected body, probably.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:41 am

It is possible to move the Spears through mechanical means. Seele uses spacecraft to move the Spear of Cassius around at the Mark.06 construction site and NERV presumably used such means to stick the Spear of Longinus into Lilith. Unit 00 did it in the TV series, but in the films Lilith is already impaled on the Spear and Unit 00 is inoperable from the activation test until around Operation Yashima.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Lance plucking isn't recommended in the Evangelion movies unless you wanna start an Impact of some sort. These things seem to keep Impact energy at bay in some weird way.

Hasn't stopped Nerv from removing Casius from Eva 01 and blasting it off into space. Eva 01 awakens when Asuka invokes Shinji to do something and no impacts are triggered. So why Nerv wouldn't renove them based on their prior awakening experience makes no sense to me.
I watch and speculate.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Kaworu was expecting the Spear of Cassius to be one of the two Spears down in Central Dogma, so they would have needed to remove the spear from Eva-01 by Third Impact at the latest. I'm guessing it only happened after Seele tried using Mark.06 to stop the Impact, and failed, making Eva-01 the last possible resort.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:05 am

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:Hasn't stopped Nerv from removing Casius from Eva 01 and blasting it off into space. Eva 01 awakens when Asuka invokes Shinji to do something and no impacts are triggered. So why Nerv wouldn't renove them based on their prior awakening experience makes no sense to me.

Eva 13 can't fit in the weird Eva-shaped carrier if it were in a tesseract (which is what seems to have been keeping it under control post-spear removal). Clearly the reasoning for putting it in there is more important than any reasoning for putting it in another tesseract and launching it into space.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:26 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Eva 13 can't fit in the weird Eva-shaped carrier if it were in a tesseract (which is what seems to have been keeping it under control post-spear removal). Clearly the reasoning for putting it in there is more important than any reasoning for putting it in another tesseract and launching it into space.

I was talking about the risk of awakening Eva-13 rather than transporting it. As for Eva-01, in order to transport it into the tesseract the spear would've been removed. If nothing happened upon removing it then being placed into the tesseract I don't see why Nerv wouldn't remove the spears from Eva-13.

Could it be that Kaworu is regenerating in Eva-13's entry plug? I didn't see a rainbow when the choker went off and an angel's core is what is needed to be destroyed in order to kill them. I doubt the core was in Kaworu's head so it could explain why he's alive in 3.0 + 1.0.
I watch and speculate.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:09 am

There's a glow right where the Spears enter the core. They're doing SOMEthing and that's why they were left in place.

The appearance of the rainbows is probably connected to the Covenant with Lilith, but there seems to be more to this than JUST killing the Angels. The rainbow for the 10th appeared far in advance of its death, for instance. Kaworu's apparent lack of one could simply mean that his death does not in and of itself satisfy Lilith's terms, and he has a greater role to play. The whole "13th Angel" thing was not part of the original script established between Seele and Lilith, mind.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”