"EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:36 am

Ikuto Yamashita having the time of his life.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:39 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Ikuto Yamashita having the time of his life.

As long as that leads to Katsuhisa Yamaguchi having the time of his life, then I don't care!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:46 pm

https://youtu.be/54aGCDAig6g?t=390

Anno and his '70s tokusatsu shows ^_^

squidmann
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby squidmann » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:45 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Some industrious /a/nons have tracked down those serial numbers

NOTE: Just in case, JAV = Japanese Adult Video, so obviously NSFW

>SDMS-0208
http://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javlid3y6y
>SDMS-0508
http://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javlicr42a

also

>SDMS-0416
http://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javlicjjse
>SDMS-0616
http://www.javlibrary.com/en/?v=javlimjvsq

Lmfao, I figured that they were JAV title codes.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:23 pm

That is actually brilliant and made me laugh more than it should have
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Okay, after looking at the trailer with a cool head, there's one thing that I can't understand : out-of-universe coolness factor aside, what's the in-universe reason for turning part of Paris into a giant Eva and Jet Alone armory ?
I mean, Tokyo-3 was a giant fortress because that's where the Black Moon and Lilith were, so it was sure that the Angels would all target that place, but unless it's revealed that there's something that might attract the Angels underneath Paris, it makes no sense.

Hell, the US put their NERV base in the middle of the desert, so presumably nothing happened to their big cities when one of them blew up... and then France comes and put its base in the middle of its capital city, just why?!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:10 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Okay, after looking at the trailer with a cool head, there's one thing that I can't understand : out-of-universe coolness factor aside, what's the in-universe reason for turning part of Paris into a giant Eva and Jet Alone armory ?

Nerv Paris is probably both of these:
-A place where you can get spare parts for Eva units
-Secondary HQ for Nerv Japan, if Tokyo-03 or Geofront had some sort of issue, they could temporarily move there along with Eva units (and Lilith?)

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:09 am

Both of these seem like a bit of a stretch to me - Paris is at the opposite end of the world, just kinda moving the entirety of NERV there or getting parts from there would be a real hassle. Besides, we know Europe and America also developed Evas, so I would say that their facilites were also oriented at being fortress cities. Maybe not to the extent of Tokyo-3, but The infrastructure in Paris definitely looks like a quick response weapon system to me.

I'd much rather say that Paris was an armory for the main facility of Euro Nerv instead of a facility across half the world
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:42 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I'd much rather say that Paris was an armory for the main facility of Euro Nerv instead of a facility across half the world

The infrastructure of Paris seems to point at this: all we see are the storage buildings. I doubt there there is an underground base because most of the city remains the same as pre-2I.
Now, we know that besides Japan, at least Germany, Russia and the US could actually manufacture (build? grow?) Evangelions.
It seems plausible that other countries with less space/money pooled in with weapons development and spare manufacture.
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:21 pm

I think the real puzzling part isn’t that Paris has Eva stuffs, but rather that most of it is underground. We don’t know if they have a GeoFront yet (or even what that is in the Rebuilds), so the desicion to make it all underground is a bit weird, practically speaking.

There could be a lot of narratively thematic reasons to hide these underground, though. I can’t wait to see how all these pieces connect together.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:09 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:I'd much rather say that Paris was an armory for the main facility of Euro Nerv instead of a facility across half the world

But then why have the armory in the city proper ? There are lots of countryside in France where they could install this armory.
I mean it doesn't make sense, unless all of Paris got the Geofront treatment and is armed to the teeth against an invasion (Angel or human) and we only saw a tiny portion of it... oh my god that would be awesome!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:30 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Both of these seem like a bit of a stretch to me - Paris is at the opposite end of the world, just kinda moving the entirety of NERV there or getting parts from there would be a real hassle.

Okay, maybe not a secondary HQ, but some sort of temporary emergency place (Like a bunker) for Nerv, which has spare EVA parts and small underground facility similar to Geofront, but not as elaborate since it is not likely used much.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:49 pm

So, planetary corification seems unlikely if the Impact’s epicenter was only in Japan. I know there aren’t any concrete rules that we know of for this sort of thing yet, but it just seems more likely that if Seele or Nerv or whoever was planning a planetary transformation that they would have set up satellite “amplifiers” of some kind in order to “boost the signal” from Tokyo 3’s Impact all the way across the world. I mean, without a 30-mile-tall Rei or Lilith to Impact the world, I would imagine that something synthetic and mechanical would have been devised in order to spread a smaller Impact’s global reach. Paris’ Nerv branch (and the other ones in the US and Europe that we’ve seen so far) could have been a part of such a network. These foreign Nerv headquarters could have been used to amplify the smaller Impacts in Tokyo 3 to have far reaching and global consequences, thereby corifying the whole world instead of just a localized part of it. (I would assume that Second Impact didn’t need such amplifiers since it was large enough for its epicenter to still be seen torn into the sky as recently as 2.22, while the smaller ones didn’t have any lasting effects on the sky around it.)

But I’m just pulling this outta my ass. I don’t even remember half of the diegetic explanations for how these thing actually work, so my springboard from which to hypothesize the unexplained workings of these things is very small. Plus, Anno likes surprising his audience, so we’re all at his mercy at this point. Rewatching these things leading up to Shin Eva’s theatrical release is gonna be such a treat.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:32 am

The BGM can be purchased for 1500 yen.

Velorex
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 pm

Tell me; If the wunder has the ability to Levitate objects and lower Personal to the surface, does that mean the Wunder can pick up Asuka at ground level while it is high in the stratosphere? I can imagine that it can lower a smaller ship in order to retrieve a vital Eva-pilot.

I was told that L-barrier density only affects lower elevations. I dont see why Asuka cant be retried in this manner.

Also Since the Wunder is at France; it means that at minimum it would take 13 hours to return to Japan at Jet-engine speeds. I predict that Shinji, Asuka and Q-Rei will be spending a night together in Japan.

Japan and France are 9,844 km apart. at min 13 hours apart moving 760 kph or 472.242 mph

... side question; why does the wunder have 3 satellite dishes? I see no tactical/engineering reason for it
Assuming the diameter of the dish is 175 m (size of large nuclear submarines)
the wunder's surface area per dish is 24,052.819 m² times 3 its 72,158.456 m²...........
The VLA has 28-25m dishes so 13,744.468 m² surface area.

meaning that the Wunder has 5.25 times the surface area of the largest satellite array in the USA and it can see more detail of the milky way radio emissions than anything on earth today
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:12 am

Unit 08 had to be fitted with 3 antennas to fly, and I don't think Asuka has anything symylar in her backpack.

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:41 am

View Original PostVelorex wrote:... side question; why does the wunder have 3 satellite dishes? I see no tactical/engineering reason for it
Assuming the diameter of the dish is 175 m (size of large nuclear submarines)
the wunder's surface area per dish is 24,052.819 m² times 3 its 72,158.456 m²...........
The VLA has 28-25m dishes so 13,744.468 m² surface area.

meaning that the Wunder has 5.25 times the surface area of the largest satellite array in the USA and it can see more detail of the milky way radio emissions than anything on earth today

I'm guessing it's related to the levitation. I don't think its a coincidence that it looks like they are hanging by threads. Those threads need to be attached to something? Anyway, I feel those dishes are needed to find spot's to tether to, or to communicate with whatever is holding the stuff up.

What Joseki says seems to confirm this, so maybe it's some magical radio signal being bounced by a satellite that holds it up (and also why they need to be so big).
About looking into space, maybe being able to look inside the chamber of guf?
Also they were able to pick up eva-13's activation from quite some distance, maybe that's relevant too.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's not just for aesthetics and does have an important role.

And @Joseki, for picking Asuka and the gang up, they could lower a ship to pick them up, like Velorex suggested. I'm guessing it ain't that simple tho, who knows what kind of effect "high L-levels" has on these mechanics...

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:45 am

How could Mari and Asuka skate without the dishes? :cool:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:06 pm

View Original PostZoop wrote:And @Joseki, for picking Asuka and the gang up, they could lower a ship to pick them up, like Velorex suggested. I'm guessing it ain't that simple tho, who knows what kind of effect "high L-levels" has on these mechanics...

If the submarine in Paris is any indication, turn them to core material.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”