"EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:44 pm

So - I've listened to those Sagisu's tracks that Joseki uploaded (thanks!) and in the Track 2, starting from 2:11, I can hear a very clear rythm of a sentence "there will be Godzilla". Lol? Also, nice arabian tunes and a reference to, if I'm not wrong, Cameron's Battle Angel Alita.

Another strange impression: that red tower from the poster actually looks like a 3D shadow of some higher-dimensional construction. Boys and girls, I'm telling you that RAMIEL IS ALIVE. :devil:
JUSTICE & MERCY

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Re: "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:54 pm

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:Boys and girls, I'm telling you that RAMIEL IS ALIVE. :devil:

A New-Nerv-made Eva-Ramiel hybrid would be really cool to see!
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 pm

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:Another strange impression: that red tower from the poster actually looks like a 3D shadow of some higher-dimensional construction. Boys and girls, I'm telling you that RAMIEL IS ALIVE. :devil:

Regrettably it's just the Eiffel Tower, which as we all know gets monster mashed. If it was Ramiel, it sure isn't anymore :sniffle: .
Leave Shinji alone

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:28 pm

One of those tracks is pulled from the “Destiny” track from the Eva 2.0 OST. I think this is the first time Sagisu’s is reusing themes that were unique to the Rebuilds for an Eva movie. I’m gonna listen to the lyrics once I get to a better sound system, but I wonder if it expands upon/answers raised in the lyrics to the Destiny track itself.

I’m telling you guys, the lyrics to these choral pieces will truly help us understand the messaging in these new Eva movies.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:05 am

Seems like there's a new tradition of crazy action happening right at the start of each new Evangelion movie. 2.0 quickly moved to Asuka fighting the 7th Angel, 3.0 had that space battle, and now Mari goes batty gunning down those ridiculous things. And I can't decide for the life of me whether the 44B Evas are meant to be goose-stepping like Nazis or doing the can-can! (If it's meant to be stealthy Nadia joke, I'd say the latter! :lol: )

There's some weird alternate naval history stuff going on here too. IRL there were four complete Iowa-class battleships, all of which were heavily modernized in the 1980s. Anno added the incomplete Illinois(BB-65) and Kentucky(BB-66) in Episode 08 of the old NGE, the two battleships that blow up Gaghiel. Now I see a full eight Iowas, some of which are clearly in their World War II configuration, complete with the full set of 5-inch guns and 40mm Bofors mounts as well as their seaplane catapults, and others which plainly are in their 1980s configurations with the full set of horizontal Tomahawk launchers. And it's no mistake, because both the old and new versions are side-by-side.

Another Nadia reference - the strange armor plates/flotation devices under the Iowas resembles the Neo Nautilus from Nadia, which was the ship that fought Red Noah at Paris, after all.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ArvisTaljik
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ArvisTaljik » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:38 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:Another Nadia reference - the strange armor plates/flotation devices under the Iowas resembles the Neo Nautilus from Nadia, which was the ship that fought Red Noah at Paris, after all.

Those are duplicates of the ESV shield used by Unit-00 vs Ramiel in 1.11. They're just recolored with some glows added to them but they're direct copies.
peace: /piːs/
noun: a condition attained through the decisive employment of superior firepower

ZQFMGB
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ZQFMGB » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:34 am

Well, that was awesome ! Of course there wasn't a lot of character development, but since it's an opening scene I don't see anything wrong with that. Besides, unlike 3.0's opening which was basically just action, we had some nice worldbuilding : NERV Angels/Eva things apparently living in core-ified environment, the positron rifle still being used, the Vatican treaty still being a thing people care about, which implies that society doesn't have completely collapsed by now, Paris being similar to Tokyo-3, and WILLE apparently having a way to "heal" the world. They probably saved the psychology for later in the movie.

Also, WILLE are indeed the good guys. I wanted to point that out since apparently a lot of people didn't feel sympathy for them and are still fixated on them being cold bastards to Shinji.
Nerv is recruiting new employees ! Check the list below to see what are the required competences for each job !

Commander : being as unexpressive as possible and doing a perfect "Gendo pose".
Vice Commander : looking constipated.
Operations director : shouting orders which have 95% chances of failing.
Chief scientist : looking amazed and puzzled when something goes wrong with an Eva.
Bridge operator : saying what's going wrong with an Eva and which emergency procedure isn't working.
Therapist : thera what ?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:23 pm

El Mariachi was wondering about the L Barrier Hazmat Suit settei in another thread. Guess it never got shared by anyone on the forum. Weird.

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 am

So they have the resources to make suits for everyone and their aunts in Wille... But they sent Asuka to space in a suit held in place by literal duct tape...

No wonder everyone is discussing if they are the baddies... :uhh:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:44 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:No wonder everyone is discussing if they are the baddies... :uhh:

That's not the reason people think they're "bad" and you know it. :tongue:

Last movie, Wille's fleet is stuck in the middle of nowhere. They're on the lam from teams of Nerv's slice-n-dice Eva zombies and god knows what else, trying to outfit some giant biomechanical monstrosity so that it can become their main god-killing ship and turn the tide of war. Before this can happen, Wille ALSO need to procure and install a dangerous energy source that's being guarded by even more Eva zombies -- all the way in orbit. Are you going to give these people shit because the L Barrier suits -- which nobody is going to be using in the middle of the ocean anyway -- are in storage this entire time and get to be brought at the start of the next film while in respectable condition, whereas Wille's collective survival at the start of Q demands the Eva pilots constantly immerse themselves in dangerous situations where the suits might get screwed up if the Eva takes damage? When you're on a timer as intense as Wille was, some things are allowed to be "low priority". The pilots are demihumans whose survival does not demand they have suits in perfect condition. If patching up some battle damage means getting necessary shit done faster, so be it. Asuka still enjoys looking glamorous but she doesn't NEED it; she's willing to do what's necessary.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:53 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:So they have the resources to make suits for everyone and their aunts in Wille... But they sent Asuka to space in a suit held in place by literal duct tape...

No wonder everyone is discussing if they are the baddies... :uhh:

Didn’t Asuka and Mari get rad new half-black suits at the end of Q? I still think it’s the best suit design ever.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:28 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:That's not the reason people think they're "bad" and you know it. :tongue:

I know it! I was being sarcastic... :tongue:

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Didn’t Asuka and Mari get rad new half-black suits at the end of Q? I still think it’s the best suit design ever.

Makes me wonder if they have a plugsuit designer aboard the Wunder...

^Off topic deviation on this continues:
SPOILER: Show
(plugsuit designer enters the bridge, walking like he owns the place) I have the newest suits deeearrrrs!
(Midori raises her hand) why is it transparent???
(Designer, sassy AF) Uh, excuse me! We cannot save THE WORLD looking like an 80's Gundam crew!
(Misato looking classy in coat) I'll allow it :emogendo:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:41 pm

I played Avant1 at x2 speed and counted the shots.
I probably made some small mistakes, but it should be about 170 shots.
If this film follows Q's storyboard format, that would be about 25 pages (probably more since some shots will take more space, especially with this action scene, Q's Avant was 23 pages btw). One page has space for seven shots.

Relevant:
https://twitter.com/evangelion_co/status/1108247545577246720?s=19

Avant2 is at least 137 shots.
What could it possibly be? It's also really long, probably. Keep in mind, it features Midori in some fashion (who apparently speaks throughout shots 134-137 or at some point among them, if Anno decided to insert that new line).

Scene 37 apparently got a new line spoken by Asuka (or maybe not since there's a question mark) and IIRC Shinji gets a new line he thinks for himself in scene 41.
Finally we know what Sn stood for...in the end it was the most obvious answer.

We also know now that part A contains at least 41 scenes, and that Avants are not the same as scenes (probably), so scene 2 from the trailer is probably not Avant2.

I still think we will get to see Avant2 before the release of the film.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:44 am

Boy do we have some goodies today!

First, some model sheets of the Eva-4 series from Khara2:

And then some concept art from Yamashita:

And whatever this is!

The prototype version of 4444C was originally Eva-07! Joseki pointed out an amazing detail on that concept sheet too. Look at the date: 2007. That means it likely came into existence during the planning stages of 2.0. The rotating power unit was split off and later became Eva Mark.04.

Here's another concept of 4444C he posted. If I'm reading the comment correctly, it was based off of a space walker. :lol:
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:19 am

I made a gallery of all the material here: https://imgur.com/gallery/D9B7OKz

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:
The prototype version of 4444C was originally Eva-07! Joseki pointed out an amazing detail on that concept sheet too. Look at the date: 2007. That means it likely came into existence during the planning stages of 2.0. The rotating power unit was split off and later became Eva Mark.04.

Interesting, I've always wondered what became of Unit-07, or if there ever was one, since it was conspicuously absent from the numbering scheme. There was a Mark.06, a Unit-08, and a Mark.09, but Unit-07 was oddly skipped over. I did have a slight suspicion that maybe it would have something to do with all the Mass Production Evas and Angels Willie has been fighting, and that seems to be the case.
Last edited by Melkor on Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:07 pm

If it was only "originally" Eva-07, and was cutting room floor material for a time before finally becoming part of Mark.04, that means that Eva-07 is still unaccounted for.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:35 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:If it was only "originally" Eva-07, and was cutting room floor material for a time before finally becoming part of Mark.04, that means that Eva-07 is still unaccounted for.

I once had a dream where I saw what Unit-07 looked like, and I was piloting it as Shinji. It was red like Unit-02, but had a really bulky body that was built like a tank, kind of like Jet Alone. Its armor was nigh impenetrable, making it like a mobile fortress, and it had this jet pack thing attached to its back that let it fly around in the air. As Shinji, I fought a bunch of Mass Production Evas/Angels that were attacking Willie's base. The Mass Production Evas/Angels had two different forms, a combat form and an airborne form. When they were on the ground they would switch to their combat forms, which looked just like the Mass Production Evas from End of Evangelion, and when flying in the air they would switch to their airborne forms, which looked just like the Diemay Angel from that one piece of early concept art for the show. I've always wondered if maybe there was some connection between the Diemay Angel and the Mass Production Evas, like maybe the Diemay Angel concept was eventually recycled into that of the Mass Production Evas. They both have the same white color scheme afterall.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:16 pm

The Diemay Angel isn't from concept art. More on that here. There are some similarities between it and the MP Evas, though I'm not sure if I want to commit to any particular interpretation here. "Borrowing" ideas from a contest held for fans is a pretty bad look. I don't know anything how it works in Japan, but the lengths to which companies would go to avoid the possibility of such an "inspired by fans" scenario did leave a bit impression on me when I was a young lass who sent her drawings into magazines and contests.

I personally hold out hope that the "final" Eva-07 is a less fancy version of old anchorface from the Quickening preview, rolled out with a Rei clone to help pick up the slack after Near 3I, and ultimately assimilated by the 12th Angel in a successful repeat of the 10th Angel's tactic. (Successful because Gendo would have intentionally never corrected the loophole in the self-destruct protocol, in the hope that Seele would be forced into throwing Mark.06 away to contain an Angel Impact.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:16 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:I don't know anything how it works in Japan
Signing away all your rights as a condition of entry, at least in one known case of light novel award competitions, recently in the news.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”