"EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re: "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:44 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:I just hope we see Pen-Pen again.

he ded :tongue: (kidding)

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: "EVANGELION:3.0+1.0 AVANT 1 (from beginning to 10:40) Version 0706" discussion and prediction thread

•      
  •      

Postby ErgoProxy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:30 pm

Stan wrote:he ded :tongue:

Teh horror. :tongue:
JUSTICE & MERCY

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:13 pm

I hear that the 10 minutes will be live-streamed. anyone know more about this? Is it this link? https://live.line.me/channels/75/upcoming/11596395
EvaGeeks is a nightmare to navigate, still good tho.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:42 pm

View Original PostKRandMJ wrote:I hear that the 10 minutes will be live-streamed. anyone know more about this? Is it this link? https://live.line.me/channels/75/upcoming/11596395

Yes, it'll be streamed through line, though I think it'll be a recording of the screen. And khara implied the connection could have problems in other countries.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:46 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Yes, it'll be streamed through line, though I think it'll be a recording of the screen. And khara implied the connection could have problems in other countries.

do I need to sign up to that website or whatever in order to see the stream?

will u watch it?

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:49 pm

View Original PostKRandMJ wrote:do I need to sign up to that website or whatever in order to see the stream?

will u watch it?

I honestly don't know line at all. :(

I'm waiting for the stream to be over to know what the best way to watch the scene is. I'm kinda paranoid about it freezing while watching it haha.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:08 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I honestly don't know line at all. :(

I'm waiting for the stream to be over to know what the best way to watch the scene is. I'm kinda paranoid about it freezing while watching it haha.

I take it someone made a new topic for this event? like where people will discuss and translate the dialogue; i bet it not going to be translated sadly/// :sniffle:
i know this exits but im talking about the translations specificly
https://forum.evageeks.org/thread/19838/EVANGELION3010-AVANT-1-from-beginning-to-1040-Version-0706-discussion-and-prediction-thread/

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:12 pm

is this forum where people will translate the event? i know its not going to be translated

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:41 pm

View Original PostKRandMJ wrote:is this forum where people will translate the event? i know its not going to be translated

I suspect khara will make subtitles since it's being shown in LA.
If not, I'm sure fan translations will come quickly!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:44 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I suspect khara will make subtitles since it's being shown in LA.
If not, I'm sure fan translations will come quickly!

Khara subs again? I can’t wait for Kaworu to return and confess to being “deeply in like” with Shinji.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:48 pm

Honestly have no opinion either way on those Netflix subs, so I would see no issue with khara translating.

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:54 pm

I wonder if we are going to be the EOE audience that will be featured in the film... this time its online forum reactions.

KRandMJ
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby KRandMJ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:24 pm

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:Teh horror. :tongue:

considering Emperor penguins only live 20 years... :penpenatf: :penpenatf: :penpenatf:

Radnitzky
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Radnitzky » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:29 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Khara subs again? I can’t wait for Kaworu to return and confess to being “deeply in like” with Shinji.

Those were Neflix subs though

PenguinSpy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PenguinSpy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:50 am

So, apparently I'm an insane person, because after the news broke I got a ticket for the Paris expo with complementary overnight stay at the airport. I'll use this bout of insanity to give something back to this community, so if there really are no accessible restreams anywhere, I'll at least give a first hand account. Two caveats though: I'm not going to record it, because I'm too big a wuss and don't want to risk getting into trouble. Second, I don't speak a lick of french (or Japanese), so if there are french subtitles I sadly won't be able to tell you what they say.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:52 am

Radnitzky wrote:Those were Neflix subs though

No, pay attention. The English subtitles for the Netflix streaming were translated by Dan Kanemitsu (credit at end), who is a member of Khara's staff and their official English translator.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Radnitzky
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Radnitzky » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:07 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:No, pay attention. The English subtitles for the Netflix streaming were translated by Dan Kanemitsu (credit at end), who is a member of Khara's staff and their official English translator.

Oh right, I forgot that.

Lord Roem
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lord Roem » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:10 am

Oh right - that tower from the poster that looked like the Eiffel Tower actually is the Eiffel Tower.

No wonder they screened it all in Paris, the crowd from the livestream went insane.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:19 am

...So that was cool.

Hoping we get an HD upload with English subtitles soon!
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:20 am

THAT’s how you open a movie!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”