Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Postby Mr. M » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Am I wrong or the 11th of this month there was an Eva-related event?
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:24 pm

I think that might be when they wanted to set something up in Hakone (where Tokyo-3 is situated). But honestly not sure, it's been some time.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:57 pm

I vaguely remember something like that as well, yes. Although I can't for the life of me tell what exactly it was, either.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:29 pm

Ok, from my research it looks like a Town festival with Eva As Theme. The Only notable thing is a "secret event" based in the Town's Lake.
(Something related to Shin Eva?Maybe a trailer?)
:emogendo:

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:30 am

Don't know if we'll get the trailer that day, but I'm sure something interesting will come out of it.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:27 am

^

Actually there is no need to happen much till April and the release in June. Late 2020 would've been safe for finishing production for FINAL properly. Early 2020 would've been only wishful for how long it has taken now. June 27th, 2020 has the right middle ground so it can still be shown in cinemas before the 2020 Olympics.

For BD & DVD release it would get the same treatment as the previous films (1.0→1.01→1.11, 2.0→2.22, 3.0→3.33, 3.0+1.0→3.??+1.??) and should be the finalised version of FINAL, when cuts are nedeed for the theatrical release.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:25 pm

If they apply the same strategy as always we won't see anything till shortly before the film. Only thing that makes me think it'll be different is that we got a trailer like a year before release.

Honestly pretty weird too that ticket sales went up without a trailer to accompany that.
I think a trailer early in the year would make sense. A sort of reminder and hype for Eva-merchandise that'll be everywhere this year. And then one before release.

But let's see.

Oh, and I'm still sure the day before release we'll get Avant 2.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:34 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Oh, and I'm still sure the day before release we'll get Avant 2.

When it was meant that the first scene of FINAL isn't AVANT1, then it would be questionable how AVANT2 is treated. Like for Blade Runner 2049 with the short films Black Out 2022, Nexus Dawn 2036 and Nowhere to run 2048, it could be that AVANT1 and 2 are also kept seperate from FINAL but still have relevance.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“

Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:55 pm

Avant1 is actually part of the film. It's like with the Avant scene in 3.0. They are intro scenes to the movie, but make a good hook for marketing as well in these cases.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:26 pm

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Sounds like Shiro Sagisu has been busy!

https://twitter.com/shirosagisu_twi/status/1214703671390261253?s=21

Sagisu + Classic music + Eva= Perfection.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:53 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Avant1 is actually part of the film. It's like with the Avant scene in 3.0. They are intro scenes to the movie, but make a good hook for marketing as well in these cases.

??? So the first scene of 3.0 was also meant as a AVANT? That Se Jun Kim meant that a different version of AVANT1 for FINAL was given to Megumi Ogata, made me think that the AVANTs and FINAL itself are kept seperate. And because of previous news on the progress of the sessions for voice acting, FINAL is split in A,B,C and D. And A could be also bassed on the missing D part for 3.0.

You can (not) hope

Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:48 pm

"Avant" (French for "before" / "in front of") is just anime production lingo for a pre-title sequence, or cold opening. Episode 22 of NGE had one, and it's a fixture of the new films as well. There's no question that these sequences are a part of the works they preface.

Also, just for the record, "Final" was a temporary title. It's what got replaced with "3.0+1.0". Many people are calling the movie "Shin" for short since "Final" isn't the title and 3+1 is so ungainly.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:04 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:"Avant" (French for "before" / "in front of") is just anime production lingo for a pre-title sequence, or cold opening. Episode 22 of NGE had one, and it's a fixture of the new films as well. There's no question that these sequences are a part of the works they preface.

Also, just for the record, "Final" was a temporary title. It's what got replaced with "3.0+1.0". Many people are calling the movie "Shin" for short since "Final" isn't the title and 3+1 is so ungainly.

I know that with the change of the title from FINAL into 3.0+1.0. I still remember very well the Lantern Festival in August 2014 and the Japanese airing of 3.0 in September 2014. That was for the sake of indicating more that FINAL was meant to be shown together with 3.0.

So it's certain that the AVANTs 'll be in FINAL itself. Though it's obvious that for the theatrical release and for home video, FINAL itself 'll be improved more.

You can (not) hope

Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:13 pm

This has OMEDETOU written all over it

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:15 pm

Music for my ears :emogendo:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 pm

I mean if that's an actual track composed for the film and Anno has given this go-around a happy ending - ie. despite everything Shinji finds some sort of inner peace - that's the kind of music I can imagine playing over a final scene that cuts to black on that last beat.

Akko
Adam

Postby Akko » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 am

Why do I get the feeling that someone is gonna get mauled by an angel/eva with this playing in the background?
Evangelion is like a black hole. Just as you thought you got away, it sucks you right back in.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:52 am

Well, it's obviously based on Pachebel's Canon, so my bet is that it is for the oddly placed end credits, just riiiiight in the middle of the movie :nyao:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:16 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Well, it's obviously based on Pachebel's Canon, so my bet is that it is for the oddly placed end credits, just riiiiight in the middle of the movie :nyao:

Like blending in the title card in the middle of the film? And in EoE, 25' and 26' had the credits in the middle while the episodes themselves had their title cards blended in the middle. The title card for One more Final: I need you was late in 26' for the last scene itself.

You can (not) hope

Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”