Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:05 am

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:Just saw 3.33 tonight again with some buddies, and one minor thing I would like to see is Mari explaining why the hell she thought it was a good idea to let go of Eva-13 instead of holding on to it and letting Wille recover it, preventing the possibilities of future impacts. But I guess then we wouldn't get a 4th movie. :shifty:

Eva-08 was turning into a core.
Even if they decided to locate Eva-13 afterwards, Nerv likely had already managed to recover it. There is a scene right before Eva-13 decends to Central dogma where Wille is able to pick up the signal of an Eva unit when it's activate. Wille was able to locate Eva-08 and Mari because she's alive/got radio and her Eva unit is likely still active, whereas Eva-13 is deactivated and one pilot was forcibly removed and the other one is dead.
Also, even if Wille had managed to find Eva-13, L-barrier density might have been too high for them.

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:38 am

That brings up some questions though. If Unit-13 was turning into core, then how is it back to normal again in 3.0+1.0 (based its appearance in the trailer)? Do Gendo and Fuyutsuki have some way of reversing the coreification to bring it back to usable condition? For that matter, if the L-density is too high for Willie to approach Unit-13 and retrieve it, then how in the hell do Gendo and Fuyutsuki end up retrieving it and bringing it back to Nerv HQ? It's not like it moved on its own from the spot where it landed.

hueyreed
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby hueyreed » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:01 am

I'd like to see a scene similar to the scene in NGE where Fuyutsuki looks at Misato though the one way glass at Antarctica but this time Misato's looking at Shinji while he's in WILLE's custody. It would sort of be a way of Misato seeing a bit of herself in Shinji during the part of the movie where they decide what should happen to him.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:12 am

View Original PostMelkor wrote:That brings up some questions though. If Unit-13 was turning into core, then how is it back to normal again in 3.0+1.0 (based its appearance in the trailer)?

I think you mean Unit 08. Unit 08 was the one turning into the core, and Unit 08 looks far from normal in any of the footage revealed seen so far. (not as bad as Unit 02, but still...) Unit 13 swallowed an Angel, so who knows what it's capable of.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:20 am

@Melkor: Eva-13 wasn't "turning into core"; it was turning Eva-08 into core. (13 itself may have been a partial or whole core-being all along. The method used to insert the entry plugs visually hearkens back to Yui's experiment.) The dark material used for "Seele-tech" seems to be resistant to coreification -- see for example the giant sealing pillar or the Wunder's Engine -- so Eva-13 could be moved around by using that material to isolate the Eva from its handler(s). And we see that ultimately it's set into the old control system.

New Nerv HQ was freed from the main shaft by Eva-13 at the start of Fourth Impact and it is probably a freely moving airship like Wunder now (just... much more unwieldy). Fuyutsuki also commands the 04 Series Evas; they would be able to retrieve 13 and bring it back without an issue. Alternatively, the Vessels we haven't met yet were sent to recover 13.

@FreakyFilmFan4Ever: 13 didn't just swallow an Angel. It swallowed 12th Angel + Mark.06 + Lilith!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:21 am

Reichu, yikes! That's quite the nightmare combo.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:24 am

View Original PostMelkor wrote:That brings up some questions though. If Unit-13 was turning into core, then how is it back to normal again in 3.0+1.0 (based its appearance in the trailer)? Do Gendo and Fuyutsuki have some way of reversing the coreification to bring it back to usable condition?

I imagine it's going to turn back to it's radiant giant form once Gendo enters it's core/someone pilots it/spears are removed.

View Original PostMelkor wrote:For that matter, if the L-density is too high for Willie to approach Unit-13 and retrieve it, then how in the hell do Gendo and Fuyutsuki end up retrieving it and bringing it back to Nerv HQ? It's not like it moved on its own from the spot where it landed.

Nerv can bring it back using autonomous Eva units/Nemesis series etc., whereas Wille has to use humans, which is obviously far more dangerous. Even Wunder would likely corode if it got too close.
Nerv on the other hand has been able to create very durable Eva units that can resist coreification far longer and can be used for ground combat (Like 44B and 4444C units) even in somewhat high L-barrier density, whereas Wille has to use Wunder from very high up and they have to levitate their Eva units and ships. (Or maybe Nerv can afford to sacrifice their mass produced units)

Shun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shun » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:21 am

I don't remember if I had already written anything, I'll do it now. What would I like to see in Shin Eva? The movie.
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:05 am

That sort of response isn't really in the spirit of the thread, is it?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Shun
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shun » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:31 am

Yep, it was a joke! :lol: But it also has a serious side: whatever happens in Shin Eva, now my curiosity is about the metaphorical question / dilemma that Shinji will have to face and the motivation that will support his choice. In this sense, Anno would also be enough to sit in a chair who talks in front of a camera and tells things out loud. So any trick suits me, as long as it's meaningful.
As for the characters I would like to see Shinji talking to Misato, Yui and Gendo. I would like the multiverse, timeloop and karmaloop integrated together. And I would like a large space dedicated to HIP, the second half of the movie. Not 15 min as in Eoe. Instead the battle interests me little. I have no big claims!
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

Pluto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Pluto » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:27 pm

After rewatching 3.33, I would at least like to see some sort of montage that explains what happened in the time skip.
Oh, the clock is ticking out

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:38 pm

View Original PostPluto wrote:After rewatching 3.33, I would at least like to see some sort of montage that explains what happened in the time skip.

At this far in the endgame, I don't think were ever going to get any explanations as to what happend in those fourteen years. I don't see it happening, and I can honestly live with it.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:29 am

With how much ground the film has to cover to wrap all the character's story up, it's likely we probably won't get any explanation for what happened during Third Impact. In the best case scenario, the movie gives us a brief two or three line explanation of Third Impact while focusing mostly on wrapping up the character's stories, and then at a later date in the future they maybe come out with a short 20-30 minute OVA that shows what happened between 2.0 and 3.0, like the slaying of the 11th Angel and the initiation of Third Impact by the 12th Angel. It almost feels like there's an entire movie missing between 2.0 and 3.0 that would be perfect for an OVA to explore, but something like a 2.5 OVA is probably more of a pipe dream at this point.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Given that the events of these fourteen years are kind of a big deal both narratively and thematically, it is basically guaranteed that we will see enough of what happens that we can construct a good enough timeline of what has been going on during the timeskip.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:24 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Given that the events of these fourteen years are kind of a big deal both narratively and thematically, it is basically guaranteed that we will see enough of what happens that we can construct a good enough timeline of what has been going on during the timeskip.

Theoretically, if such an explanation were to happen, how would it play out? Expository dialogue, kind of like the one we had way back in EoE?

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:20 pm

I don't think there's a blank slate answer for that; there's too much stuff to cover for it to be just done through one method. Some of it will almost definitely be done through spoken exposition, others through flashbacks, and a lot of it will likely only be inferred through vague hints, especially if something is suddenly absent without explanation
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:47 pm

I want the end credits theme for 3.0+1.0 to be Baba O'Riley by The Who. It won't ever happen, but if it ever did, I would love it.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:43 pm

I would like to see a definitive end. Whether it’s happy or bleak.

I love how in this finale we will most likely see gendo as the devil himself. In the original I didn’t feel he was as sinister because he made it more clear about him doing what he was doing out of love for yui and wanting to be back by her side, while this has been mentioned at times in rebuild, he appears far more sinister in this, especially after betraying and killing seele. It was said that he was sacrificing his own soul to get his wish, and has seen the world completely destroyed and put his son through hell again without feeling a sense of pity. I reckon he will be a massive force of evil that will ultimately pay for all his sins in a horrible way.

In terms of a final end, I think it either has to go two ways, Shinji dies and any sort of time loops are finally broken and he is the one that rests with a dead floating Eva unit 01 at peace, or he finally becomes the hero we all want him to be, he saves the world and restores it, and everyone is living and alive and happy with a clean slate as if evangelion has never existed at all, and yes it would be perfect if the final words are congratulations.

CSPAN
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CSPAN » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:45 pm

I just want to know what's up with Gendo's new visor. :emogendo:

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:27 am

View Original PostCSPAN wrote:I just want to know what's up with Gendo's new visor. :emogendo:

Probably taking after Keel Lorenz.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”