Eva FINAL Winter 2015 rumor (again again)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:25 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I spoke with a source very close to production at Khara.

1) The ball is in Funimation's court. Funi is not being held up by Khara.

2) Though Anno is working on Godzilla, production on the final Rebuild film is active and ongoing. The wheels are in fact turning.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:45 pm

View Original PostDemonSpade wrote:I'm officially done with this bs.
It's not "okay because it's Hideaki Anno". As much as I appreciate what that guy has done for the industry, this kind of policy is just unprofessional.

Complaints are pointless; it is how it is. Frustrating, yes; but it's really not hard to find other things in life to amuse ourselves with in the meantime.

View Original PostEva Monkey wrote:2) Though Anno is working on Godzilla, production on the final Rebuild film is active and ongoing. The wheels are in fact turning.

But this is also good to hear! (Though no very big surprise - did people really think nothing was going on?)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:07 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Complaints are pointless; it is how it is. Frustrating, yes; but it's really not hard to find other things in life to amuse ourselves with in the meantime.

What does that even mean? Frustration equals complains most of the time. (and yes, technically they are pointless as the complains have no effect whatsoever in this scenario but that doesn't mean that one should hold it in, especially when the situation is totally unprofessional)

Thanks for the update EM, the wheels are turning- at which speed I don't dare to ask/think, but let's take even this tiny of positiveness.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:23 pm

The only "complaint" I'll offer is that the delay was never formally announced. There wasn't a press release (that I can remember) of Anno stating something like "Sorry for the delay, guys. We're working really hard. Wait for further information." News just vanished. (If there was a formal annomcement, then it's my fault for not getting/remembering it.)

Outside of that, delays happen. Even in a professional setting. Heck, we were supposed to be talking about the 2015 Batman v Superman movie, not next year's movie. And let's not forget how often those Hobbit movies were in the limbo of Peter Jackson saying "I dunno when this is happening." No, the delay itself isn't in unprofessional. The lack of warning was a little frustrating, sure. But the delay isn't unprofessional.
Last edited by FreakyFilmFan4ever on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:30 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:But this is also good to hear! (Though no very big surprise - did people really think nothing was going on?)

This IS Anno were talking about. And we had every reason to believe this was the truth. Considering Ogata and Anno had "mental breakdowns" after 3.0.

Just because production has started doesn't mean anything substantial has been done yet. We don't have a status on the completion of the script, the runtime, or the story. Best case scenario is that Khara's staff is shuffling around concept art and getting the actors ready.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:49 pm

Spoiler alert: there's going to be a 14-year wait for the next movie. AND it'll have another 14-year timeskip. :devil:
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Shin will happen. When, we don't necessarily know-- but at least for me, I'm comforted by the knowledge that things are happening and that eventually, I will get to see NTE come to a close.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:46 pm

View Original Postthe_seventh_child wrote:Frustration equals complains most of the time.

When you've had as long to think about that as I have, you'll probably come to realise that's not a given.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Nice to have the update. Here's hoping that we'll have a formal announcement soon.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:29 pm

It's nice to hear something. And yes lets hope for a announcement.

Pwhodges wrote:But this is also good to hear! (Though no very big surprise - did people really think nothing was going on?)

It's not that nothing has been going on, but it's been very quiet.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:43 am

Filmmakers don't owe their fans anything. Anno & Khara's job is to make the best Final Evangelion movie they can make. If it would have only taken them 6 months then they would have knocked the movies out quick. If it needs to take them 6 years then it'll take six years.

There's a whole world out there. Live your life. Stop being entitled & getting upset because something isn't given to you. Even when Final comes out it's only going to be a movie. Hopefully a very enjoyable & emotionally powerful movie but still just a movie nonetheless.

I'm guessing Final will come out in 2017 & that's when I hope I'll get to see it. BUT if the movie doesn't come out until 2018 or later I'll still be enjoying a full life & will enjoy the film whenever it is ready to be shown to the world.

P.S. I saw someone on here mention status of story, runtime, etc - with the Eva films being animation all that stuff can be kept privy until the film is released. We literally have zero idea where the movie is production wise because everything is being done within the walls of Khara by the in-house staff. Keeping the process of this production a secret is easy. There are no shooting schedules they need to map out, no locations they need to acquire, no extras to wrangle, etc. There wasn't even a hint of a 14 year time gap between films before 3.0's release. If work is being done at Khara that's a very positive sign. These guys wouldn't be designing things without a script or solid idea of what the story is going to be.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:18 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:When you've had as long to think about that as I have, you'll probably come to realise that's not a given.

That's fair enough.

@Gendo's Papa - you're right; it's just sometimes you get caught up on frustration and lash out unfairly without knowing the whole picture, but yeah.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

DemonSpade
Adam

Postby DemonSpade » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:47 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Filmmakers don't owe their fans anything. Anno & Khara's job is to make the best Final Evangelion movie they can make. If it would have only taken them 6 months then they would have knocked the movies out quick. If it needs to take them 6 years then it'll take six years.

There's a whole world out there. Live your life. Stop being entitled & getting upset because something isn't given to you. Even when Final comes out it's only going to be a movie. Hopefully a very enjoyable & emotionally powerful movie but still just a movie nonetheless.

This is exactly what I was talking about. What kind of assumption are you making, people sitting behind their desks waiting for the movie every day? No. As I said, I have plenty of stuff to do.

I will not be stripped of my right to criticize the proceedings. This is not about entitlement, and I'm sick of hearing that. This is not about having to wait a few years in general. As another poster explained earlier, the delay was never announced. News/release dates just vanished. That's unprofessional. If they wanted to, Khara/Anno could easily give us an update. They wouldn't lose anything by doing that. They're being a**holes on purpose. That is where I get genuinely frustrated, and rightfully so.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:18 am

They could take a note from Trigger in how to interact with your fans. I get a free monthly newsletter from them in which they talk about the process of their projects and posting little stories or frames from the production as well as keeping in touch over social media. It's not the 80s anymore, you can talk with your fans now.

Anyway, since Q was bad enough to kill my interest it's not like I'm feverishly anticipating Final.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:14 am

View Original PostFireball wrote:They could take a note from Trigger in how to interact with your fans. I get a monthly newsletter from them in which they talk about the process of their projects and posting little stories or frames from the production as well as keeping in touch over social media. It's not the 80s anymore, you can talk with your fans now.

That's more than a great treatment right there.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:34 pm

View Original PostDemonSpade wrote:I will not be stripped of my right to criticize the proceedings. This is not about entitlement, and I'm sick of hearing that. This is not about having to wait a few years in general. As another poster explained earlier, the delay was never announced. News/release dates just vanished. That's unprofessional. If they wanted to, Khara/Anno could easily give us an update. They wouldn't lose anything by doing that. They're being a**holes on purpose. That is where I get genuinely frustrated, and rightfully so.

not about entitlement

:|

DemonSpade
Adam

Postby DemonSpade » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:26 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote::|

This is getting annoying. I have a right to hold, and share, my personal views on this situation. So yeah, I guess I'm "entitled" to my own opinion.

Don't really get why you highlighted the other parts, though. They could, as stated by others above, update us on the process, which many companies do nowadays. So what?

EDIT: Ah, I get it now. You seem to think I feel entitled to an update. But that's not it :wink: I just want to put my criticism out there without being shot down by Anno apologists.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

Postby Gus Hanson » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:19 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:There's a whole world out there. Live your life. Stop being entitled & getting upset because something isn't given to you. Even when Final comes out it's only going to be a movie. Hopefully a very enjoyable & emotionally powerful movie but still just a movie nonetheless.

That's pretty much my life in a nutshell. Not that i'm lazy, just that i have temper problems that make it hard for people to trust me enough to give me access to outside possibilities other than shopping. And in a way, Eva IS my life since i cannot pass a day without thinking that the latest news on 3.33 Blu-Ray/DVD or Final HAS to come out sooner rather than later or i'll go so crazy that i would rather disown all my liking for Eva if it has to drain me some viciously.

Merkaba
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Merkaba » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:01 pm

View Original PostDemonSpade wrote:I just want to put my criticism out there without being shot down by Anno apologists.

So you don't want him to be able to respond to you? Hypocrite, much?
Quit whining.
And no, not everyone who thinks you should stop are "Anno apologists." The term you're actually looking for is "Adults."

Anyway, I can't wait for FINAL. As both an Eva fan and a TOOL fan, I've had to learn the value of patience over the last decade, waiting for FINAL and the next (and probably final) TOOL album to drop.

DemonSpade
Adam

Postby DemonSpade » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:55 am

View Original PostMerkaba wrote:So you don't want him to be able to respond to you? Hypocrite, much?
Quit whining.
And no, not everyone who thinks you should stop are "Anno apologists." The term you're actually looking for is "Adults."

You're trying to twist my words on purpose, I wasn't even gonna bother for a second. Also nice way of entering a discussion by immediately starting a personal attack.

Everytime you put forth some criticism here, you run into the same phrases:
Filmmakers don't owe their fans anything
Stop being entitled & getting upset because something isn't given to you
There's a whole world out there

And that's exactly the point - there are unfair assumptions being made, and it's implied that people like me don't have anything to do. That's not the sort of reply I find acceptable, coming from an "adult". If you can't see how that might be unsettling when you're just trying to say that maybe, Khara's information policy and PR is kinda sh*t, I'm sorry.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”