Eva FINAL Winter 2015 rumor (again again)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
iihieiii
Lilith

Postby iihieiii » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Saw this earlyon today....seems legit! =)
[url]http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/07/10/final-evangelion-movie-coming-in-december-claims-quote-from-japanese-magazine/[/url]

What you guys say ?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:39 pm

Misquote?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:49 pm

This was debunked earlier in-thread, the same magazine made false claims last year, too: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/801013/Eva-FINAL-Winter-2015-rumor-again-again/#801013

I get they're desperate for news just like the fans, but still. :lol:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby LightDragonman » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:33 am

I'm seriously rather ticked that Anno decided to delay the last film just so he could make a stupid Godzilla film. :irked:
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:02 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:I'm seriously rather ticked that Anno decided to delay the last film just so he could make a stupid Godzilla film. :irked:

But......i like Godzilla ;_;

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:34 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:I'm seriously rather ticked that Anno decided to delay the last film just so he could make a stupid Godzilla film. :irked:

stupid godzilla film

motherfucker I will fight you.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:10 pm

I think depression had more to do with it, and you know what? Sometimes its best to put yourself first and get healthy rather than please us fans.

And Godzilla is awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:15 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:And Godzilla is awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuEa6Hum0b4

Fun fact. Jet Alone gained both its color scheme and name from Jet Jaguar

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

Postby zlink64 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:19 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:I think depression had more to do with it, and you know what? Sometimes its best to put yourself first and get healthy rather than please us fans.

Well they've been working on the whole rebuild thing for almost a decade now. Maybe even longer if you count Anno writing the script before hand. I was 16 when they announced it and I'm 25 now. That seems like a really long time to work on 1 series of movies. Depression or not I can't really blame him for wanting a break from it all to work on something else. I mean the guy is only human.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:13 pm

It amazes me that Anno and Co were able to churn out over 600 minutes of content in about three and a half years with NGE/EOE, yet are taking almost a decade with roughly half the total runtime.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:32 pm

There's a significant difference in workflow between TV anime and full length features.

NGE/EoE was cranked out with an established studio and long-honed traditional methods. Not to mention there were strict external deadlines and funding channels.

The new movies required founding a new studio and developing their own tools for some parts. With all of that out of the way and being self-funded allows for significantly more freedom which I personally believe is a good thing. It's not really useful to compare the two that way.

There's plenty of other stuff to do in this world other than being angry and impatient, pretending you're owed something.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:59 am

^ Exactly!

Really the only thing I truly have hated in the whole Evangelion film remake franchise has been the teasers at the end of the credits. This isn't TV but those dumb teasers have inspired fans to attempt & treat the films as such.

Final will come out when it's good & ready. Anno & the filmmakers don't owe the fans anything.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:29 am

^ I feel like that teaser at the end of 2.0 greatly contributed to the mixed reception of Q by setting up expectations for a drastically different film than the one we got.

I'm seriously doubtful that we'll see a release for Final this year, but it does make me wonder why Khara hired those extra animators for an Eva project. Surely they wouldn't be sitting around twiddling their thumbs for 6+ months while Anno's in Godzillaland?

It suggests to me that either they're in a position to start work even with Anno off-site working on Godzilla, they've got something big planned to round off the animator expo, or they have some other Eva project in the works at the moment.

SPOILER: Show
14 year OVAs plz

Fredsq
Embryo

Postby Fredsq » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:41 pm

The lettering is fake due to the fact it’s set in Century Gothic and the films’ western titles are set in a slightly stretched Gill Sans. Very disagreeable choice of whoever designed it – too english of a font if you ask me –, but it is the way it is.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:45 am

The main point's how that Japanese magazine has twice essentially made up whatever--the fan trailer itself is 3 years old, at least. I remember seeing it before, years back.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:35 pm

Can we just accept that at this point it's impossible that the movie could ever come out this year?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:26 pm

It's pretty much accepted. But being a fan means being an optimist & expecting the best.

As fans we should also start preparing for the realization that unless Anno has Khara working overtime on Eva while he's off doing Godzilla we won't be seeing the final Rebuild film until 2017 at the earliest.

DemonSpade
Adam

Postby DemonSpade » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm officially done with this bs. Poster above me is probably right and this thread should be shut down.

You can't have people wait for years on end without giving them the slightest hint of an update SOMEWHERE along the way - when the original plan was to have the trilogy/quadrilogy finished by what, 2009?

It's not "okay because it's Hideaki Anno". As much as I appreciate what that guy has done for the industry, this kind of policy is just unprofessional. Think of the title card with the release date "2014" mysteriously disappearing from the website. That's not how you treat your customers and fans while at the same time milking the Eva cash cow to death.

I know this has been said a million times before, but it's true and I'm growing tired of this. It's not that I don't have anything else to do/watch/whatever, it's just that I'm still a huge fan and find myself checking the news sites for updates every now and then - only to be disappointed again and again.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:05 pm

View Original PostDemonSpade wrote:I'm officially done with this bs. Poster above me is probably right and this thread should be shut down.

You can't have people wait for years on end without giving them the slightest hint of an update SOMEWHERE along the way - when the original plan was to have the trilogy/quadrilogy finished by what, 2009?

It's not "okay because it's Hideaki Anno". As much as I appreciate what that guy has done for the industry, this kind of policy is just unprofessional. Think of the title card with the release date "2014" mysteriously disappearing from the website. That's not how you treat your customers and fans while at the same time milking the Eva cash cow to death.

I know this has been said a million times before, but it's true and I'm growing tired of this. It's not that I don't have anything else to do/watch/whatever, it's just that I'm still a huge fan and find myself checking the news sites for updates every now and then - only to be disappointed again and again.

I couldn't agree more; and the worse is, the second some official news break out or a tiny footage will get released we will all jizz our pants and forget about all that. Stockhold syndrome just keeps piling up.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:07 pm

Doesn't matter how much y'all insult Anno now and criticize his way of doing things, since we're all going to watch Shin when it comes out anyway.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”