Some Otaku US Magazine "News"

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
iihieiii
Lilith

Some Otaku US Magazine "News"

•      
  •      

Postby iihieiii » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:05 am

FIXED URL[url]http://otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNews/News1/New-Evangelion-Film-Teased-5913.aspx[/url]

A television broadcast of Evangelion 3.33 last Friday served up a brief teaser of the fourth and final film in the Evangelion remake series. And we do mean brief.

After the credits rolled, the words “Next” and “Evangelion 3.0+1.0” appeared on screen. The image subsequently appeared on the official Evangelion website.

Hideaki Anno, creator of Evangelion and chief director of the new films, will be the subject of a retrospective at next month’s Tokyo International Film Festival, which will screen over 40 of the director’s works, including the tokusatsu special effects films he made in college. More information about the new Evangelion film may be revealed at the festival.

To say the teaser doesn’t include a ton of information is a bit of an understatement, but it’s good to be reminded the next Evangelion film is, indeed, in production.

But why 3.0+1.0 and not 4.0? Let the speculation begin.

Source: ANN

Can anyone cover the Tokyo International Film Festival event ?? :wink:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:12 am

"may be revealed"

I want to hype it, but it sounds like wishful thinking from the author of the article.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:15 am

At this point, any info we get on Final is probably gonna just be from some poor sap that somehow manages to stumble on the finished product in an obscure theater nobody knew was playing it. :lol: That's how Anno rolls.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Some Otaku US Magazine "News"

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:24 am

View Original Postiihieiii wrote:Can anyone cover the Tokyo International Film Festival event ?? :wink:
So this guy is at about the same stage of speculation as we are, listing upcoming events which may drip-feed some news. (There's a list in one or other of the threads).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:40 am

I’m not stating my hype train until I get some official news from Khara.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”