[Speculation] Eva Final out Winter 2015?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:09 pm

In this thread's first post, it was mentioned inputting this " シン・エヴァンゲリオン劇場版: || 初公開 " (New Evangelion Movie Edition: || Theatrical Screening) into Google Search resulted in 2014年 (year 2014). But now it results in 2013年 (year 2013).

Proof you can't trust Google Search for things that aren't yet public knowledge. :tongue:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:24 pm

Strange, I don't get the screen with year of release when I try that search, even in Google.jp

OT : Oh my god SSD, I only realized now that you sigged me! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:45 pm

Judging by the amount of time it took between 2.0 and Q, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2015 release. In fact, that would place it in just over two years from now, which would be incredibly fast for a film sequel- animated or otherwise.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:28 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Judging by the amount of time it took between 2.0 and Q, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2015 release. In fact, that would place it in just over two years from now, which would be incredibly fast for a film sequel- animated or otherwise.

The hope is that work on FINAL is already well underway due to the fact that 3.0 and FINAL were once meant to be a single release. I'd like to keep that hope burning for as long as possible before it's snuffed out by a release date drop. :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Ah, the good 'ol days when we had 1.0 in 2008, 2.0 in '09, and a third movie in '12. How the times have changed...

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:32 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Ah, the good 'ol days
The real good old days had all the films (all two and two halves of them) in an 18 months span around 07-08.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Makes me sad, that does. But then again, better late than never. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Eva. ;)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:18 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Makes me sad, that does.

For context, I think that was back with the "original plan": the first 3 films would be cut & paste films with prettier animation (like the TTGL movies) while the 4th film would be a brand new ending (to EoE, I guess).

I prefer the current route with a new remake overall, though it's taking longer as a result.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:33 pm

I like the new version as well, although I admit there are several scenes from the series that I would have liked to see done up with modern graphics. Namely, the Arael and Leliel battles. Those would have been epic. Keep in mind, though, that I am more than satisfied with the battles that we got in NTE (or is it NME?) in terms of animation, quality, and action.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Tabris vs EVA-01 : Kaworu slowly descending through the main shaft with a possessed EVA-02 on Beast Mode and EVA-01 beating the crap out of each other while Ode to Joy is blaring in all its glory in the background.

Now that would have been epic, instead of the apathetic Kaworu in EVA-13 we got in Q.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:33 am

View Original PostI originally wrote:What the hell is all this in-universe discussion doing in a topic like this?!

And then I fixed it.

All that discussion about the NME/Rebuild timeline of events was split out to here.

Surviving remnants:

ElMariachi wrote:While I'm on it, is this "neweva.blog103" you take your sources from Evangelion's official blog?

(This was then replied to here.)
View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:And is it really gonna be released in November 2015? Cause from what I've gathered, that is just a rumor.

To which SSD responded:
View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:I'm still not sure where people are getting this from. Last I heard about the rumor, Final's release is sometime in Winter 2015 but even that's subject to change. The Petit Film is going to be released November 2013, though.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Translation: "(Gasp! If I remember right, there's work on Eva in 2014, so...) This year!?"

I'd assume work (作る. make, produce, etc) = voicework and whatever else that needs to be done. 2015, get here sooner. :tongue:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Grrr. I know that waiting will deliver us an amazing fourth film, but it still grinds my gears to do it.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:22 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:

Translation: "(Gasp! If I remember right, there's work on Eva in 2014, so...) This year!?"

I'd assume work (作る. make, produce, etc) = voicework and whatever else that needs to be done. 2015, get here sooner. :tongue:

Now, that's awesome news! :boingy:

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby WunderBah » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:23 pm

:rei_dance: :rei_dance:

And we're back in business!

andreh
Lilith

Postby andreh » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:46 pm

2014 in Japan; 2015 in the rest of the globe :D

BTW:
:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
Last edited by andreh on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not speak English natively. If you see any error, blame my teacher or Google Translate LOL

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:49 pm

I mean, at this point I would have been shocked if there wasn't work for EVA in 2014. It's already been over a year since Q came out.

Wake me back up when there's a release date or international title.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:25 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Wake me back up when there's a release date or international title.

International title will probably be New Year's day 2015 while the release date would be a few months later. /Assumption based on pattern with 3.0.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:32 pm

Any news is good, I'm hoping 2014 will be the big teaser year since its now an certainty in my mind that 4.0 will be 2015 (at least).
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby LightDragonman » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:50 pm

At this rate, I'm expecting a late 2014 / early 2015 release.

Let's hope for the best! :D
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”