EVA-303: Chapter 22 ONLINE NOW!

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sat May 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Yay, new chapter! Watching Asuka and Shinji reconnect was interesting, and the moment when Asuka revealed her final secret was really touching. Awwww. Oh my, and now Mari is here! This is going to be fun. :D

Thanks for the newest installment, GrummanCat! Keep up the good work!
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sun May 04, 2014 2:34 am

I'm reposting the links to the chapter here so people don't have to search back for them.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m31pwk44vjhnbgj/EVA_303_Ch._14.zip

(SFW Edit)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s9h0qczbox7mfaa/EVA_303_Ch._14_SFW.zip

View Original PostÆnimal wrote:
Fucking Top Gun reference - i lol'd
Although, if the next few chapters are going to be anything like Top Gun, i certainly hope i'm right in who i designated to be Goose and Maverick :|

Of course, your characterization is on point, as always; i especially enjoyed
SPOILER: Show
Asuka verbally tearing into Shinji even as they lie together in bed - Shinji's reaction was a pleasant surprise for me, hopefully this assertiveness won't be short-lived

Well, the Maverick/Goose reference was more just a joke by Ritsuko referring to the unpredictable nature of the pilots Misato seems to get stuck with. :rolleyes: Of course things unfold as they will with no overt effort to resemble the characters of Top Gun. But the nature of Mari/Asuka is definitely one of intense rivalry. Given her history with Shinji, Asuka seems to need to do that with new pilots. :facepalm:

Of course, Mari being a totally different person from Shinji, she will be FAR from a pushover. :cringe:

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Yay, new chapter! And it was another great one, too! :jiggy:

Well done on how you handled the reconciliation.

Oh dear, here comes Mari. I foresee...trouble. I don't know where, I don't know when, I don't know what form it will take...but I see it comin'.

Thanks, Bard! I feel great from the feedback its been getting. In fact, I already went and wrote the first scene of Chapter 15 this morning! I think maybe I'm about ready to put down the radio controlled airplanes and start getting serious about the comic again!

View Original PostLiterary Eagle wrote:Yay, new chapter! Watching Asuka and Shinji reconnect was interesting, and the moment when Asuka revealed her final secret was really touching. Awwww. Oh my, and now Mari is here! This is going to be fun. :D

Thanks for the newest installment, GrummanCat! Keep up the good work!

Very glad you liked it! Hopefully, the comic can get back on track now!
Last edited by GrummanCat on Sun May 04, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLEASE check out my alt-universe EVA fan comic "EVA-303"!
https://eva-303.blogspot.com/

https://www.deviantart.com/eva-303

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun May 04, 2014 4:32 am

Oh shit I just noticed that the the nose paint-job of Mari's plane forms a Harpy mouth! :rofl:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon May 05, 2014 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sun May 04, 2014 8:47 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Oh shit I just noticed that the the nose paint-job of Mari's plane forms a Harpy's mouth! :rofl:

FINALLY! Someone noticed! Mari's Eva is a harpy. This won't help things between her and Asuka I guess. :bigeyes:

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun May 04, 2014 9:06 pm

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:FINALLY! Someone noticed! Mari's Eva is a harpy. This won't help things between her and Asuka I guess. :bigeyes:

:lol: I thought it was a reference to the Joker for some reason.

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:44 am

Just thought I'd check in with people. We're probably more than half way through Chapter 15 now. Nothing earth shattering in this chapter, mostly just

Asuka sparring with Mari.

I figure I might as well post some grabs from the new chapter here since this thread hasn't been touched since May.

2 more scenes to go. One mid-large scene and one small one.

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:31 am

You're amazing, GrummanCat! :D I've read some of your webcomic and it's really interesting! I have a bit of a problem with the hentai scenes, so I usually skip them, but I enjoyed the rest of the comic so far. :)
~ Luana Spinetti ~ [email protected] (Email)
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:33 am

Asuka seems to have some difficulties against Mari, then again, she didn't piloted in months. Something tells me that Asuka will impose to herself a hellish training program to get back on top shape, and that poor Shinji will again be dragged in the middle of it! :lol:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:08 am

View Original PostEvaBrothers wrote:You're amazing, GrummanCat! :D I've read some of your webcomic and it's really interesting! I have a bit of a problem with the hentai scenes, so I usually skip them, but I enjoyed the rest of the comic so far. :)

Thank you! Did you read the NSFW version? I did post alternate versions without the nudity. I hope you found them. Or did you get from Smackjeeves?

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Asuka seems to have some difficulties against Mari, then again, she didn't piloted in months. Something tells me that Asuka will impose to herself an hellish training program to get back on top shape, and that poor Shinji will again be dragged in the middle of it! :lol:

It will be fun to show everyone how the Shinji dynamic changes with the arrival of Mari. Personally, I'd still want to be Shinji. :tongue:

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:15 am

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:I did post alternate versions without the nudity.

I didn't find this alternate version. :o Is it posted in this topic? Yeah, I went to the Smackjeeves site last time.

EDIT: Never mind! :D I found the links.

How long does it generally take to complete a page?
Note: I'm no longer the author of the fanfiction "Eva Brothers from Cybertron". I passed authorship to a friend (Lia Dospetti) who's turning it into her own work, while still maintaining homages to NGE and Transformers, as well as Star Trek. I still draw the artworks, though, and I have some fragments of the old fanfic here.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:34 am

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:It will be fun to show everyone how the Shinji dynamic changes with the arrival of Mari. Personally, I'd still want to be Shinji. :tongue:

What, Mari will hit on Shinji, even though he's engaged?
No scratch that, she'll probably hit on Shinji because he's engaged, just to further troll Asuka! :lol:
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:15 pm

View Original PostEvaBrothers wrote:How long does it generally take to complete a page?

When I'm really cooking, I average about 2 pages per day. But it doesn't work exactly that way. I try to tackle one scene a week. Sketch on Sunday and maybe Monday. Ink in the middle of the week. By Friday or Saturday, I'm scanning and coloring. The vast majority of pics are quickly done and not worth posting in a place like this.

Because I assemble the panels individually and then piece them together on the page like a puzzle, I average only 3 or 4 panels (or drawings) per page. That's where I get the high page count. So it's not as impressive as it might seem.

And as it so happens, I'm NOT really cooking lately. Real life getting in the way and all that crap. Creatively, other things are distracting me too.

On the other point, if you like SFW versions, check back here for downloads when the new chapters are released. Most people like the adult version, so I chose that for Smackjeeves.

EvaBrothers
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaBrothers » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:05 pm

That's still impressive in my book! It takes a lot of patience and persistence to keep an ongoing project... well, going. I commend you for that. :)

And I'll keep an eye out for those links!

Chaplain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chaplain » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:42 am

Any progress? At least status report?
The mark of a truly superior pilot is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring use of his superior skill

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Sorry for not checking in, but there have been massive distractions for me since I last checked in. Truth is, I've been easily distracted since I finished Chapter 13.

In fact, I remember when I was working on the chapter where Shinji goes to San Fran to get Asuka, I felt like I hit a wall of motivation and even had to kinda force myself to finish that chapter. I rather automatically set a January release date for Chapter 14 which I missed by 4 months! After 4 years, I think my creative energy for EVA-303 was running dry.

Not to mention radio controlled airplanes were just a MASSIVE distraction! 8-foot wingspan B-17 and B-29. 12-foot B-36 Peacemaker, and 9-foot B-24. I definitely fell into the R/C river and got carried away.

Back at Eva-303, I got to the last scene of the chapter and just sputtered. I sent the script off to be proofread, never heard back and a few new airplanes got built. :tongue:

But something happened earlier this week that may have triggered something to shake loose. I got a note on DA from Maru! One of my most-vocal and articulate cheerleaders.

So reading this note kinda started me thinking about the comic and how close I was to finishing Chapter 15.

I'm gonna go back into my notes, look at the script to the final scene and maybe even some rough sketches for the panels tonight.

Thanks for checking in. Sometimes you guys are the key. EVA-303 has always been about responding to the readers!

Chaplain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chaplain » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 am

Well, my only hope is you could split your time between assembling and drawing aircraft!
The mark of a truly superior pilot is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring use of his superior skill

Maru
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Maru » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm glad I was able to encourage you, Grum! As a matter of fact, reading your note actually helped get me fired up to go back to a writing project of my own. I hadn't really abandoned it, but I wasn't really working hard on it, and I often had moments where I thought of just junking it, or putting it on the back burner to work on something else. Reading your note made me realize that I couldn't let it go. It is a great idea, it has a lot of potential, it draws from a ton of things that I love, so why should it not be awesome? It's the kind of story I'd want to read, and writing those are the best kind. Personally, I kind of feel like that's ALL a writer should write, is stories that he would love reading. It makes the story more lively, and the prose more honest.

Moreover, reading your note got me thinking about a lot of things. I disappeared from EGF for nearly a year. I was busy furthering my education, which was a good thing, but I really wasn't in a very good place mentally. I was burned out and feeling down in the dumps. I spent most the year like that. Then I looked at some of the stuff I'd written a year or two ago, and I almost couldn't believe it had been written by me. I thought, "Why did I ever stop being exuberant? Life is more fun that way, I think I'll live my life that way again."

In any event, I'm looking forward to Chapter 15. I want to see the sparks fly when Asuka meets Mari. I want to see Kelly Wallis's very cute and sexy butt. I want to find out what the blazes Kaji has been doing this whole time. I want to finally get around to seeing what the North Koreans are up to and if the debacle with Unit-03 was the result of sabotage, incompetence, or just really bad luck.

I know the thing with the North Koreans/SEELE probably won't play as big a part in this story, since it seems to be focused mainly on the relationships between the characters, but I hope there's at least a nod to that stuff. I enjoy Game of Thrones style political intrigue.
"Live, or die trying."

"Scars heal, glory fades, and all we're left with are the memories made. Pain hurts, but only for a minute, and life is short so go on and live it, 'cuz the chicks dig it!" -- Chris Cagle

For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being, those thoughts that wander through eternity, to perish rather, swallowed up and lost, in the wide womb of uncreated night? -- John Milton, Paradise Lost

The Mysterious Technique of the Cat

GrummanCat
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GrummanCat » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:33 am

View Original PostMaru wrote:I'm glad I was able to encourage you, Grum! As a matter of fact, reading your note actually helped get me fired up to go back to a writing project of my own. I hadn't really abandoned it, but I wasn't really working hard on it, and I often had moments where I thought of just junking it, or putting it on the back burner to work on something else. Reading your note made me realize that I couldn't let it go. It is a great idea, it has a lot of potential, it draws from a ton of things that I love, so why should it not be awesome? It's the kind of story I'd want to read, and writing those are the best kind. Personally, I kind of feel like that's ALL a writer should write, is stories that he would love reading. It makes the story more lively, and the prose more honest.

Moreover, reading your note got me thinking about a lot of things. I disappeared from EGF for nearly a year. I was busy furthering my education, which was a good thing, but I really wasn't in a very good place mentally. I was burned out and feeling down in the dumps. I spent most the year like that. Then I looked at some of the stuff I'd written a year or two ago, and I almost couldn't believe it had been written by me. I thought, "Why did I ever stop being exuberant? Life is more fun that way, I think I'll live my life that way again."

In any event, I'm looking forward to Chapter 15. I want to see the sparks fly when Asuka meets Mari. I want to see Kelly Wallis's very cute and sexy butt. I want to find out what the blazes Kaji has been doing this whole time. I want to finally get around to seeing what the North Koreans are up to and if the debacle with Unit-03 was the result of sabotage, incompetence, or just really bad luck.

I know the thing with the North Koreans/SEELE probably won't play as big a part in this story, since it seems to be focused mainly on the relationships between the characters, but I hope there's at least a nod to that stuff. I enjoy Game of Thrones style political intrigue.

Yeah, but I'm still finding it sluggish to get going again. To put away my R/C airplane hat and put back on my webcomic hat.

TO ALL: Any ideas on how to break the cycle and get "Eva" again?

Maru- Maybe we should start a support group for fan writers to get each other motivated again LOL

Chaplain
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chaplain » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:42 am

So... is it abandoned, then?

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:53 am

View Original PostGrummanCat wrote:Yeah, but I'm still finding it sluggish to get going again. To put away my R/C airplane hat and put back on my webcomic hat.

TO ALL: Any ideas on how to break the cycle and get "Eva" again?

Maru- Maybe we should start a support group for fan writers to get each other motivated again LOL

Maybe you could watch some Eva episodes, read some AxS fanfics to get back in the mood? :)
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Return to “Fanfiction”