FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:19 am

Fifth chapter of "State of mercy" and second time in the story, whe have Shinji fapping to the sound of Asuka having sex. This time he does this on other guy's bed. And he sums it with "I'm so fucked up"

Horay for EoE's legacy.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:23 am

^
Yeah, because not-Asuka and OC-fuck boy publicly discussing in detail their sexual practice while on the middle of a sync-test is totally not fucked up! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:27 pm

I can barely make it through that story. I keep wondering if I should leave a review, but there would be nothing positive in it: I just can't leave a fanfic review without saying something good about what I'm reviewing.

I don't want the guy to stop writing (no one should...), but I really wish he wasn't writing that particular story. :facepalm:
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:30 pm

I keep reading this for the sake of: "That's SO BAD that it's amusing in masochistic way". What pains me is that while author horribly twisted all characters he seems to keep Shinji the same and that still looks disgusting.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:49 pm

Well, you're right, he's kept a lot of Shinji's traits: but they're disgusting not because they're there, but because those flaws are cranked way up into the face of everyone reading the story. He's not a character anymore, he's a caricature of what Shinji actually was. There's no basis or exploration for why he is beyond making him look more pathetic than he is in order to boost the OCs by comparison. That's cheap.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:08 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Fifth chapter of "State of mercy" and second time in the story, whe have Shinji fapping to the sound of Asuka having sex. This time he does this on other guy's bed. And he sums it with "I'm so fucked up"

Horay for EoE's legacy.

Put that in spoilers, yo! You're ruining my experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: Oh man, the way that author wirtes he must be a really cool bro. I bet he gets all the girls. Hell, he definitively knows how to treat them. Me so jelly.
Last edited by Asukaner117 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:31 pm

^
I believe the proper term would be a "brah," with an affected fratboy accent. Whenever I try it, I taste Bacardi and shame.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

GreggHL
Lilith

Postby GreggHL » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Whole hearted recommendation. Yes for the whole story, but in particular for this chapter.

[url]https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7057744/34/Cast-in-Gold[/url]

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:48 am

New CotP Chapter! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7761449/13/Children-of-the-Prophecy-ENGLISH-Version

In this one, there are naked girls and slaps, though not in the most common combination. Also, unit Zero is scary. Period.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:51 pm

So I'm reading After Impact right now since it was recommended on that guide for EVA fanworks at Reddit. If that guide is right there's some kind of interesting turn near the end that makes the whole fiction worthwhile. Can someone how knows that story tell me what that interesting turn is? I'm at chapter 33 now and i think the story is rather boring, so I just want to know if it is worth to keep going.
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:29 pm

I would like to recommand this one-shot : Warm.

It's a short post-3.33 story centered around Shinji's feelings after ending again as a prisoner in the Wunder, as I already commented in the story, it captures Shinji's despair and complete give up on life without drowning into needless pathos, also it kept the other characters(Misato and Rei Q) completely in character : Misato is not reduced to a caricature of an hateful woman only wanting to make Shinji suffer while we still don't know what she feels toward Shinji or what are her intentions for him, and Rei Q is still wanting to find answers about her identity but are still recognizable as Rei Q and not a Rei IIbis.

And the best of this story is that added to an heartwarming moment at the end, there is another story going on if you read between the lines :
SPOILER: Show
the whole story is actually Misato subtly trying to make Shinji get out of his pit of despair, waiting for him to make the first step and leaving him all the time alone he needs for that, while subtly trying to make him react via small gestures(like giving him back his SDAT while he's sleeping), just see how every time Shinji is seen trying to communicate(mostly to ask something), she's present soon after to personally answer to his inquiries, even trying a more direct approach using Rei Q as an intermediary when it's clear that Shinji won't open his heart by himself.

In the end, this fic left me in a good mood and with hope for Shinji's fate in FINAL, and I hope that it'll do the same thing to you!
Last edited by ElMariachi on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Thanks for that; it's beautifully done.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:20 am

i found this

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10029429/1/Serenity-in-Shackles

It's a fic where Shinji and Kaworu did abandoned plan of pulling out the spears when they noticed they are wrong. Nothing exceptional, but since this course of action was discussed as the proper one so many times, I deemed it worthy to drop here, if only because it's the first one I've seen that go this path.
Another jaded man.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Except for the fact that after they're brought back to the Wunder, events still end up happening in the exact same way, complete with the exact same words used in the final dialogue between Shinji and Kaworu. The only differences are Kaworu calling out Asuka on being a hypocritical brat and telling her to get lost, then Kaworu stuffing Shinji into Unit 01's entry plug and getting splattered all over him, followed by Shinji willingly starting Fourth Impact while cuddling Kaworu's severed head.

What was the point of this story, again...?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Jeez, spoilers much?

:hahaha:

Also, I might actually check out Warm too if I get the time.
Thanks for the rec El!
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:06 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Jeez, spoilers much?

It's only two chapters long, barely more than five thousand words. There is nothing to spoil.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:36 am

The (Englishified) Children of the Prophecy says Hi again!

This time, with Chapter 13. Which, as Q should have proved once and for all, is just a plain evil number.

In this Chapter: LAZORS. Also, they have this scary term "clinically dead" for when your heart stops and has to be restarted. So, do you want your underage draftees crispy, or still a little pink on the inside?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:58 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:i found this

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10029429/1/Serenity-in-Shackles

Meh.
I already read it before, but there are things that bugged me too much :

- first about the setting : EVA-13 being easily captured by EVA 02 and 08? Kaworu having be instructed to lie to Shinji since the beginning while he made it clear since his very first scene in 1.0 that he's here only for Shinji's happiness? Mark.09 successfully raiding the Wunder and breaking the hull, again?(even though now WILLE knows that neo-NERV needs Shinji and Kaworu) Reaching EVA-01 that easily? Instrumentality launched without any spear, when it was made perfectly clear that a LoL is vital for it, or the Impact will simply wipe out every life on the planet?(here Shinji simply gave the victory to the Angels)

- second and the worst for me, the story ends too abruptly : we have Shinji and Kaworu speaking to Asuka, Shinji trying to explain why he acted the way he did and Kaworu actually calling out on her for asking Shinji to "act like an adult" although he's still 14 mentally and physically while she acts like an angry brat with 28 years old mentally, you'd think that we'll see interaction with the rest of the cast like Misato or Sakura... and then Mark.09, jailbreak, EVA-01, Final Impact, Angels wins. With a repeat almost word for words to Kaworu's death scene in Q to boot!
It looks like a rushed ending because the author didn't know how to continue his story and gave it a quick bittersweet end where HIP is set in motion, without realizing that he actually wrote a downer ending where the Angels won in the end.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:48 am

I told you It's nothing magnificent. But works as just a theory that if they didn't touch the spears it could end up even worse then it did.
Just a tought.
Another jaded man.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:03 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I would like to recommand this one-shot : Warm.

So many feels, so little time.

Return to “Fanfiction”