Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Grigori Continuum

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Grigori Continuum

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:41 am

Okay... long-winded post here and it's very much a WIP, so this is basically just a proposal/outline. Looking for a little concrit, bear with me if I mung some detail of canon. I'm borrowing somewhat heavily on Storm Constantine's Grigori trilogy, which I've been reading...

BACKSTORY:

Alongside the Angels and the Lilin exist a third class of beings, known as the Grigori, Angel-like beings who accepted a Lilin form and chose to exist alongside the Lilin, influencing their history and culture and manipulating it as their whims lead them to. They have, in effect, been pulling the strings of SEELE since its genesis, though they claim only to be their financial backer, given that the Grigori have, over the millenia, amassed a considerable fortune; the phrase "richer than God" comes to mind...

The Grigori have also undertaken strange cybernetic and genetic experiments; in the case of the latter, they have created Grigori/human chimaerae. Not all of these chimaerae, the Nephillim, are successful, but at best, they have created what seem like humans who are capable of generating rudimentary AT Fields...

( Plot proposal to come soon... Getting sleepy here... Suffice it to say, I have enough ideas for a side-story to the series, and a sequel to it, set post-EoE.... )
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:01 pm

Mythologically speaking, the Grigori were Angels, and some of the Angels in NGE were named after some of the Grigori...
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:26 pm

NAveryW wrote:Mythologically speaking, the Grigori were Angels, and some of the Angels in NGE were named after some of the Grigori...

Mmm, I noticed Sahaquiel (or Saquiel, depending on the transliteration) is one of 'em.
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:54 pm

humans and Angels are a dichotomy between the Fruit of Knowledge and the Fruit of Life, each created by a Seed of Life (Lilith or Adam, respectively) which were in turn created by the 2001 monolith guys, "the First Ancestral Race"

Yes, this means that there are other inhabited planets out there, some with "Angels" and some with Lilin (not exactly homo sapiens; they evolved differently; think Admiral Ackbar)

the hypothetical example I use is that yeah, maybe Epsilon Eridani B got the Seed of Life "Abel", and Epsilon Eridani C got the SoL "Cain". Abel would be a Fruit of Life-type, like Adam, and Cain would be a Fruit of Knowledge-type, like Lilith. But the creatures they created would be fundamentally not that different; they fall into two categories, "Angels" and "Lilin". Angels on any planet would be very similar (as much as one Earth-Angel was to another) to Adam's offspring, because Angels don't evolve and can just take many "alternate forms of life" shapes. Lilin would evolve on their planet, and thus be not exactly "homo sapiens" (i.e. a water-planet would have a sentient civilization of aquatic aliens)

and yes, part of the story is that "out there" (point at the night sky) there are Angels and sentient Lilin civilizations on other planets. But it just doesn't come into the story. Because Earth is special: Earth accidentally got BOTH Adam and Lilith. That's when all the trouble started...
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Return to “Fanfiction”