Evangelion: Second Coming

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Jay911
Lilith

Evangelion: Second Coming

•      
  •      

Postby Jay911 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:58 am

It's taken forever, but I have finished my Evangelion fic.

I first thought I could not get a storyline that would work, but eventually I decided to try a first person quasi-SI story. (IMO, calling something an SI is a bit of a misnomer, since generally all authors who introduce own characters include a bit of themselves in the characters.)

This might seem to have a lot of parallels or similarities to certain other SI-ish Eva stories, both on this forum and posted elsewhere, but I assure you (as I did with the other authors, while I was writing) that this is purely coincidental. I started writing this about the time Diebuster came out (which is why I think I made the main character the way I did.. explanations can follow later) and pretty much went with the flow, so to speak, as I wrote, coming up with ideas on the fly.

If you're unfamiliar with me or my writing, I've done other fanfics as far back as pre-1990, but the earliest stuff is thankfully lost to the annals of time. I have written fanfics on various anime, manga/comics, and sci-fi series, as well as some own original fiction both still in the works and already completed. I'm not on fanfiction.net (I used to be, but I pulled my stuff from there after misconduct by the site admins), and I have an account at MediaMiner.org which I will probably revive to post this story on as well. I have my own fanfic website at http://www.jay911.org/heard/ but it has not been updated in nearly 12 months. This Eva story is my return into fanfic and creative writing after more than a year's pause.

Anyway, here is the story. I wrote it using OpenOffice.org, and rather than lose the formatting by cutting-and-pasting it here, I've chosen to export it to PDF and make it available by a link, as provided below.

Of course, comments and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance for reading.

Link: Neon Genesis Evangelion: Second Coming

And just so you know what you're getting into: 214 pages, 170682 words, 28 chapters.
--j.

Jay911
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Jay911 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:42 pm

Anyone reading? Waiting till they finish before they reply? Turned off and walking away?

Sorry for the bump, I'm just curious.. no replies here or on MediaMiner, and I have no intention of posting on fanfiction.net (they screwed with me before).
--j.

Tabasco
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Tabasco » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:30 am

Finished it just before Thanksgiving, then away from the net for a while.

I liked the premise on how the newbie arrived in the Eva world, and the descriptions of pilot training made a lot more sense than the usual glossed over 'center target and pull switch' that we see in both the show and many fics. The writing was good, and the plot moved along nicely without seeming rushed or alternately dragging. So overall, I thought it was well done. The ACC was reasonable in 'his' abilities and responses, and didn't monkeywrench the plot too much or too often.

On the minus side, that was part of the problem in my opinion. The ACC managed not to make those changes by dithering too much and too often for my taste. The first time the question comes up about whether to make a change in the timeline, that would be a perfectly reasonable thing to question. The second or third time the issue comes up, I'd think it'd be resolved.
---
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one insists on adapting the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Fanfiction”