Evangelion - Fallen Light

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Evangelion - Fallen Light

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:59 pm

Been a while since I've posted anything fanfiction related on here. Kinda took a bit of an extended break from it after finishing Braver Than We Are last year for a number of reasons but I've been wanting to get back into it for some time. This is something I started planning out some time ago, it's something I've been wanting to write for ages and therefore I'm more than a little bit nervous about finally sharing it. This is Evangelion - Fallen Light, the basic premise is to take the cast/concepts of Eva and set it within the Star Trek universe, so it is a bit of a crossover although I am keen to try and avoid just having cameos from Trek characters all over the place.

Anyway, hope people enjoy it :)

Summary: 2390 - A young man by the name of Shinji Ikari boards the USS Tokyo after being summoned by his father to a remote colony in the Gamma Quadrant, once there he learns he is to pilot the strange ship known as the Evangelion against an enemy that threatens the entire galaxy.

---
Table Of Contents
Chapter 1 - To Boldy Go...
Chapter 2 - Where Even the Dominion Don't Go...
Last edited by jcmoorehead on Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Evangelion - Fallen Light

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:32 pm

I like this! Glad to see I'm not the only one with similar ideas for Evangelion in mind.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:13 am

Great to see you writing again I look forward to the coming chapters :D
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:09 am

Thank you both!

Hope anyone else who is checking out the fic/has read it also enjoys it. Second chapter has now been uploaded :)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:06 am

Not a crossover I would have considered. Interested in seeing where it goes.

I made it part of the way through Chapter 1, but I honestly think you need to give it another proof-reading sweep or two. There is a problem in general with punctuation not being properly applied, resulting in e.g. a lot of run-on sentences, or commas where there should be semi-colons or sentence breaks. All of that stuff is important is dictating the flow of the work and eliminating any ambiguity in how the phrasing is parsed. In addition to that, there are frequent moments where the wording breaks down and doesn't make sense, like you were in the middle of implementing an edit and forgot to finish, or it's just a simple "brain fart"-style typo.

If you need help spotting some of these, I can help, but definitely challenge yourself to find as many as you can on your own.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:59 pm

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Thank you both!

Hope anyone else who is checking out the fic/has read it also enjoys it. Second chapter has now been uploaded :)

Very enjoyable update ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Fanfiction”