What if Shinji piloted Eva unit 03 instead of Asuka give me some opinions

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Memer557
Embryo

What if Shinji piloted Eva unit 03 instead of Asuka give me some opinions

•      
  •      

Postby Memer557 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:24 am

[spoiler=]for evangelion rebuild 2.0[/spoiler]

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: What if Shinji piloted Eva unit 03 instead of Asuka give me some opinions

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:38 am

Why not start the topic by offering your own thoughts?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Memer557
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Memer557 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:45 am

Well then I think that Shinji would probably have to talk Asuka out of piloting Eva unit 03 and that would probably cause a lot of friction between them because she wants to be a pilot still (because Eva unit 02 is locked up) but by some miracle Shinji gets her to not pilot unit 03 and tells Misato about the news she would probably be reluctant to let him pilot unit 03 but would do it any way that would means Asuka went to Rei’s dinner party cutting back to Shinji he would probably panic when the 9th angel (Bardiel) starts to take over the Eva like original NGE 12th angel panic up until unit 03 becomes the 9th angel Asuka being the only available pilot is sent but hesitates because Shinji is in unit 03 but she hesitates for to long so the dummy plug is Initiated and we get to see the whole unit 03 get ripped apart scene and then the destruction of the entry plug which would leave Shinji in a coma and all around messed up and I don’t see them getting far after that because of the 10th angel (Zeruel) shows up like a day or two after the 9th angel but since the dummy plug was not used in unit 01 it might work that means only Rei and Asuka are the only pilots and Mari gets sidelined the dummy plug could theoretically activate the S2 organ and might consume the 10th angels core thus starting third impact but gets stopped by Kaworu in mark 6 and then it goes to 3.0 hit me with your thoughts

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:52 am

Unlike the series, the films are concentrated on Shinji's story. Your suggestion would require a completely different focus to be the main theme.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:25 pm

I'm fairly sure Gendo would veto that to keep Shinji in Unit 01.

But if you think he wouldn't, you could have Unit 01's injuries against Sahaquiel be much more severe and taking much longer to repair, forcing Gendo to keep Unit 02 around due to having no other operational Eva at the moment. I mean, Unit 01's origins mean its tissue might not be transplant-compatible with other Evas (further highlighted by the fact that Unit 01 does not assimilate Zeruel tissue for arm regeneration in Rebuild), so NERV can't just replace lost limbs by stitching on another Eva's limbs as replacements.

This idea came to me due to doing something similar in my own fic, where at one point Unit 01 gets so badly damaged that it cannot be fully repaired with available assets, so NERV is forced to call in some favors in the background to get cybernetic prosthetics that used to be spare parts for a prototype Trident. These are inferior to the original fleshy bits (not designed for being operated like this), but were the only option available that could get the Eva back in fighting condition within a reasonable timeframe. Even then, the Eva is forced to sit out the Matarael battle and have the final fitting rushed to be ready in time for Sahaquiel, leaving it a barely-working FrankenEva that's never quite the same as it used to be (no tactile feedback from the limbs).

Note that this idea came to me years ago, I'm not ripping it from the Rebuild FINAL teaser (which seems to indicate Unit 02 getting the same treatment via Jet Alone parts).
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Memer557
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Memer557 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:45 pm

[quote="amitakartok#892464"]I'm fairly sure Gendo would veto that to keep Shinji in Unit 01.

I don’t know if you mean Gendo won’t let Shinji test pilot unit 03 or if you mean be the official pilot of unit 03

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Both.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:31 pm

well you could try to make SEELE the one who causes Shinji to drive unit 03. for example you could make the European branch refuse to freeze unit 02 and demand that one of the two eva prototypes damaged in the previous battle be frozen instead, this would cause gendo to have to decide between Rei or Shinji and not wanting to risk Rei because she is very important to control / cause the third impact, he decides to be Shinji who pilots, How could you explain SEELE's behavior and why they do this, well you could try to make them aware that they see what the people are really trying to do or just as revenge for what happened with the Bethany base. In the collection of evangelion 2.0 there is a rejected concept in which it is revealed that SEELE knew that by unit 03 she was going to be infected and that they let her come to Japan to offer the pilot as a sacrifice and see what would result from it.

in the battle Asuka would try to rescue Shinji by disobeying orders of gendo at least until it is revealed that the angel can infect other evas and at this point gendo orders her to destroy and when she refuses activates the dummy system and occurs or same as in 2.0 Asuka could react to that, she could go in two directions. She would attack Nerv in the same way that Shinji did in 2.0 or she could think about that but would conclude that doing so would cause her to be expelled from Nerv and she would turn unable to pilot an eva again.

in a battle against zeurel we would have unit 02 and unit 01 in the geo-front facing the angel and also unit 00 if you decide that mari appears and kidnaps the evangelion to help in the battle. If the three evas are present, I do not believe that the angel is gonna be able to have time to consume and assimilate one of the evas. now you could make the battle last long enough for kaworu and unit 06 with the cassius spear to appear and kill the angel or you could have Asuka or Rei kill the angel. you could make Asuka wake up to unit 02 in the same way as in NGE and eat the angel while Asuka is absorbed by the eva or could you make Rei wanting to protect the world where ikari-kun lives wake up to unit 01 and cause a third impact before being stopped by kaworu.

Memer557
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Memer557 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:01 pm

That’s a good guess on how it would happen but the one question that’s sticks to me is do all the evangelions have a unactivated S2 engine or is it just unit 01

The18°angel
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The18°angel » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:01 pm

in the rebuild everything seems to indicate that for an eva to cause a third impact it must be one of the four adams. and everything seems to indicate that unit 01 is an adam together with unit 06, 09 and unit 13. although in 3.0 the unit 02 of Asuka has a minimum operating mode when the battery runs out possibly to prevent the pilot from push out of its limits to keep it running. so we could say that only unit 01 (which is implied to be an adam) has dormant S2 organ.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:08 pm

S2 Engines are never mentioned in the new movies; it's just "the Fruit of Life".

The fourth Adams appears to be the Key of Nebuchadnezzar, not Mk.9. Mark.09 is certainly related to the Adams, but is not an Adams itself, indicated by the use of the specific label "Adams' Vessel" (as opposed to just "Adams"). Here's a breakdown on where Mark.09 might fit into everything. (More than the one post; keep scrolling for the second part.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Fanfiction”