Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:26 pm

Hi there! I'm afraid that, compared to my other NtE threads, this one won't have much activity, but newcomers are always welcome!
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:37 am

Speaking of activity... Have a preview, you guys!

SEELE-02 is a pretty swell dude  SPOILER: Show
The monoliths hung in the air, rectangular and grey. The effect was… pretty damn intimidating, Misato would admit. She stood next to the Commander’s desk, in the very centre of the room, surrounded by the holograms.
~The UN representatives could have picked a friendlier style of communicating,~ the woman thought to herself.
“This meeting between the Human Instrumentality Committee and Nerv will now commence,” the middle monolith-- labelled ‘01 - SOUND ONLY’-- announced, voice crackling and distorted. “Captain Katsuragi, I believe you wanted to speak.”
Misato nodded.
“Yes, sir. I'm here to hear the UN's recommendations on the A17-- specifically, which pilot should be used for this mission.”
“It depends, of course, on which Evangelion will be used,” the one on the left, ‘02 - SOUND ONLY’, replied. The one on the other side spoke up as well.
“Yes. After all, the Evas may be able to synchronise with multiple pilots, but they are still limited in those they accept. Which have you considered, Captain?”
“Currently, I've narrowed it down to Units 00 and 02,” Misato replied. “Unit-05 is unable to fit in the D-type equipment, and those two are each capable of supporting half our total pilots.”
“In that case, I recommend you utilize the one that has sustained less damage,” 01 said. “Which of the Children are capable of piloting said unit?”
Misato furrowed her brow a little.
“That would be Unit-02, so… the Fifth and Second, sir.”
“Hm. The Fifth… she’s from your country, correct, 02?” the monolith asked, rotating a fraction of a degree towards the one on its right.
“Yes, chairman,” the apparently English representative replied. 01 let out a staticky noise that could have been a grunt of affirmation.
“In any case, we wish to use the most qualified pilot available for this operation,” 01 said.
“True,” added 04. “Though both have disobeyed orders before.”
“Bah, they’re teenagers-- and some of the more energetic ones in Nerv’s care. It’s to be expected,” 03 replied.
The Commander still said nothing, but sat in waiting.
“And what of temperament?” 04 asked. “Neither the Second nor the Fifth are particularly level-headed.”
“They are our options, 04,”
01 responded. “However, as they are of our countries, the decision must come down to 02 and myself-- not you.”
~So, this is how they work?~
Misato wondered. This was the first real time she’d seen the Human Instrumentality Committee, even if they were just holographic avatars.
“I will support the Fifth Child,” the other monolith said. “While the Second does possess the better synchronization with Unit-02, the Fifth’s demeanour is far more stable. As long as all goes according to plan, we should have no difficulties.”
“...Agreed,” said 01. “You have our recommendation, Captain.”
Misato nodded.
“Yes sir.”

We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:03 am

Chapter 029 is out!

In other news, I am an evil bastard who feeds off of suffering.

On a scale of "Shinji having to kill Kaworu" to "Asuka being struck down by the Eva Series in her moment of triumph", how painful was this for you?

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:18 am

Have a preview for Chapter 030!

That's not ominous AT ALL  SPOILER: Show
Something was coming. Sandalphon could feel it. The Angel's eyes closed beneath their armoured membranes, its horns twitching with ultrasonic pulses. There-- two objects, approaching at haste from above. In their hearts were masses of unstable, agitated energy, ready to burst forth upon them.
Sandalphon cared not. Even without their light at hand, their thunder would barely leave a mark.
The Angel curled up into an armoured ball, arms winding around it. The N2 Mines detonated, their fury throttling the world around them for a few violent seconds.
Their carapace barely warped by the blasts, Sandalphon uncoiled. Their eyes opened, the massive pupils now ringed with turquoise. The melted shell reformed, turning angular and red.
Sandalphon began to swim up.

And now, some reminders why you shouldn't fuck with Mari-- something Sandalphon's forgotten.
SPOILER: Show
Beast Mode will fuck you up.

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:39 pm

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Chapter 029 is out!

On a scale of "Shinji having to kill Kaworu" to "Asuka being struck down by the Eva Series in her moment of triumph", how painful was this for you?

They both suck but Asuka's is worse as it could have been avoided if a certain person had gotten off there ass.

Awesome chapters the cliff hanger though...
I feel though that Mari might do this
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:57 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:They both suck but Asuka's is worse as it could have been avoided if a certain person had gotten off there ass.

Awesome chapters the cliff hanger though...
I feel though that Mari might do this

Well, how else would someone get out of an Angel? Mari doesn't even need arms, she has teeth.

Also, preview, again.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...  SPOILER: Show
“Just. Fucking. Die.”
It’s easy, isn’t it? To just slip away, to lose yourself.
To the beast.
To your hunger for blood, for Life, for power…
...For
everything.

Nobody in Evangelion is unbroken, especially not our resident British nutcase. This chapter shows just how her fractures look from the inside.

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:36 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Well, how else would someone get out of an Angel? Mari doesn't even need arms, she has teeth.

Also, preview, again.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...  SPOILER: Show
“Just. Fucking. Die.”
It’s easy, isn’t it? To just slip away, to lose yourself.
To the beast.
To your hunger for blood, for Life, for power…
...For
everything.

Nobody in Evangelion is unbroken, especially not our resident British nutcase. This chapter shows just how her fractures look from the inside.

Now I'm really looking forward to next chapter :D

You know in the UK you call a nutcase an eccentric, it like a polite way of saying your different and strange.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:31 pm

There's far too much stuff going on. I'm taking a break.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:07 am

One more thing...

Just a quick warning; this will be a fairly dark chapter, due to the fact that this is basically Mari's Arael/Leliel (and we all know why Arael is basically the most hated Angel in the fandom). Also, due to that aforementioned fact, as well as the fact that she's a) still in a fuckload of pain, and b) currently dealing with her slew of issues, Mari... won't exactly be thinking straight.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Chapter 030 is out. Read at your discretion, there's some troubling stuff there. And by some, I mean a lot.

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:55 pm

Read and reviewed. Gotta say your updates are a highlight of my weekend, really strong chapter. Thought you handled the darkness in it so well.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:51 am

The ending...it gave me so many feels.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:02 am

View Original Postjcmoorehead wrote:Read and reviewed. Gotta say your updates are a highlight of my weekend, really strong chapter. Thought you handled the darkness in it so well.

Thank you! That means quite a bit.

Yeah, I can do NGE-level depressive darkness. I think I captured the mood pretty well for this.

silvermoonlight wrote:The ending...it gave me so many feels.

And the next few chapters should as well!

Also, that gif is very fitting of the mood.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:16 am

In other news, the upcoming chapters will finally show off some of NERV-Euro's branches! Namely, for one reason in particular...

Mari wants to go home

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:08 am

Still working on the chapter. It's tough, to be honest-- especially now that I'm nearing the end of it.

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:33 pm

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:In other news, the upcoming chapters will finally show off some of NERV-Euro's branches! Namely, for one reason in particular...

Mari wants to go home

Ah, that explains her apathy to Asuka at the end of the chapter... just glad it's not what I thought it was.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Wow, this upcoming chapter is... something. I have very mixed feelings on it. Spoilered because maybe it's spoilery?

First off, it feels an awful lot like Mari and Asuka are replacing Shinji as the main character. However, this is supposed to only be a temporary focus, and after the 12th it should be mainly Shinji again. Maybe. Whatever the case, this isn't really a problem at all.

Second thing; on one hand, this chapter feels... off. Like I'm trying too hard to show that everything sucks for Mari at the moment? I don't know, but it kinda seems like I'm pushing it. But then again, on the other hand, Mari did go through an intensely traumatic experience, so discounting its badness could be... I don't know.

Also, there's some deterioration in the quality around the last parts, but I can't fix that.

What? She's 28 now.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:36 am

Chapter 031 is finally up. Yaaaaaaaay... (God, I'm tired)

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:20 pm

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Chapter 031 is finally up. Yaaaaaaaay... (God, I'm tired)

This was a great chapter but so sad in places I hope Mari finds what she looking for emotionally :)

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:26 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:This was a great chapter but so sad in places I hope Mari finds what she looking for emotionally :)

Maybe, maybe not.

Also, hot damn on a stick, I did not plan this out well enough. Where the hell do I put Nerv-UK?! My current considerations are either London or Manchester-- however, I know very little about Britain.

Fuck.

What? She's 28 now.

Return to “Fanfiction”