[FanFic Series] Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: New FanFic! Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:41 am

I just read all three...that was really sad reading in places but very powerful as we get to see how the awful stuff changed all of the children's lives an how it shaped there teenage personalities.

Also side not please insert Oscar Langley here...preferably head first...
SPOILER: Show
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:24 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Also side not please insert Oscar Langley here...preferably head first...

Haha, I think I said something similar in one of my reviews. What a despicable character you've created with him. Hoping he'll get what's coming to him.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:37 am

Well, to be fair, making him related to Keel, he kinda has to be evil, and a total dick. I needed Asuka to hate his father, and with everything he did in that chapter being reprehensible, he certainly earns the hatred for him. Also his shittiness is what made the chapter so tough to write, I had to think about what he could have done, and clearly, it was anything with a pulse.

I think most of the background characters I've expanded upon turned out to be pretty bad. Misato's parents, her mother the alcoholic, and her father the asshole (who partially redeems himself before death), Naoko is as bad as her daughter is, and so far it think the only character that I've expanded on that was nice was Shinji Ikari, Yui's brother (who does exist in the manga, unnamed, and was considerably older than Yui). God, I hated having to kill him off, but at least he died in style.

silvermoonlight wrote:Also side not please insert Oscar Langley here...preferably head first...

Don't worry, Oscar Langley will get what's coming to him, along with his father and his cousin, Keel, just not any time soon.
That's Gonna Leave a Mark (gifs be here)  SPOILER: Show
Well maybe not like that, but definitely deserves something super painful and slow, and equal or worse to hw Kyoko died.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:14 pm

I realized that I use so many dates in my story, I have yet to clarify a lot of other important dates, mainly the birthdays.

While many characters in my story use the same birthdays they are given officially, for the characters with unknown birthdays, I had to make a few up to fit the story, or just add a specific date for the characters with only years listed.
    > Keel Lorenz – March 16, 1925
    > Kozo Fuyutsuki – April 9, 1959
    > Naoko Akagi – June 12, 1965
    > Gendo (Rokubungi) Ikari – April 29, 1967
    > Shinji Ikari – May 21, 1970
    > Oscar Langley – January 1, 1972
    > Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu – March 25, 1974
    > Mimori Shikinami – August 18, 1975
    > Yui Ikari – March 30, 1977
    > Mari Illustrious Makinami – April 8, 1982
    > Ritsuko Akagi – November 21, 1985
    > Ryoji Kaji – June 17, 1985
    > Misato Katsuragi – December 8, 1986
    > Kaworu Nagisa – September 13, 2000
    > Shinji Ikari – June 6, 2001
    > Kensuke Aida – September 12, 2001
    > Asuka Langley Soryu – December 4, 2001
    > Toji Suzuhara – December 26, 2001
    > Hikari Horaki – February 18, 2002
    > Sakura Suzuhara – April 2, 2003
    > Rei Ayanami – October 31, 2004 (Listed officially as October 31, 2001)
And now for some Sachiel
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:28 pm

I finally finished Shinji's SDAT Track Listing for my fanfic. Please note Tracks 25 and 26, as being not only an EVAbridged reference, but also the perfect choice. I tried to keep the list as angsty as possible with music from my own collection. However, the tracks that have the “*” are courtesy of silvermoonlight, who gave me a few suggestions as I was coming up blank, so credit where credit is due, and a very large thank you to her as well for the help ^_^

It's listed out as song, Artist, “Album Title” (Year)
    Track 01: The Music Or The Misery, Fall Out Boy, “From Under the Cork Tree” (2005)
    Track 02: Points of Authority, Linkin Park, “Hybrid Theory” (2000)
    Track 03: Scars, Papa Roach, “Getting Away With Murder” (2003)
    Track 04: Breaking The Habit, Linkin Park, “Meteora” (2003)
    Track 05: Thanks For The Memories, Fall Out Boy, “Infinity on High” (2007)
    Track 06: Higher, Creed, “Human Clay” (1999)
    Track 07: Wherever You Will Go, The Calling, “Camino Palmero” (2001)
    Track 08: Closing Time, Semisonic “Feeling Strangely Fine” (1998)
    Track 09: Look Away, Big Country, “The Seer” (1986)*
    Track 10: Sugar, We're Going Down, Fall Out Boy, “From Under the Cork Tree” (2005)
    Track 11: Wake Me Up When September Ends, Green Day, “American Idiot” (2005)
    Track 12: Can’t Take It, The All–American Rejects “Move Along” (2005)
    Track 13: Mouth, Bush, “Deconstructed” (1997)*
    Track 14: Pushing Me Away, Linkin Park, “Hybrid Theory” (2000)
    Track 15: The Boys of Summer, The Ataris, “So Long, Astoria” (2003)
    Track 16: Cry Little Sister, Gerard McMahon, “The Lost Boys” (1987)*
    Track 17: The Great Escape, Boys Like Girls, “Boys Like Girls” (2007)
    Track 18: Hero/Heroine, Boys Like Girls, “Boys Like Girls” (2007)
    Track 19: Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Green Day, “Nimrod” (1997)
    Track 20: Money for Noting, Dire Straits, “Brothers in Arms” (1985)*
    Track 21: A Place For My Head, Linkin Park, “Hybrid Theory” (2000)
    Track 22: Numb, Linkin Park, “Meteora” (2003)
    Track 23: It Ends Tonight, The All–American Rejects “Move Along” (2005)
    Track 24: Army Dreamers, Kate Bush, “Never For Ever” (1980)*
    Track 25: Crawling, Linkin Park, “Hybrid Theory” (2000)
    Track 26: Runaway, Linkin Park, “Hybrid Theory” (2000)
    Track 27: The Road to Hell, Chris Rea, “The Road to Hell” (1989)*
    Track 28: In The End, Linkin Park, “Hybrid Theory” (2000)
    Track 29: -BLANK-
    Track 30: -BLANK-

Some of the songs are left over form Gendo, namely all the tracks from before 2000, but Shinji kept them as he liked them, and he felt connected to his parents through the music. These and how he edited the tape will be coming up in Chapter 11 of Episode III, so for now please, listen and enjoy. All songs can be found on youtube
Play that music  SPOILER: Show

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:42 pm

New chapter is now up!

Here for your reading pleasure:
Chapter 9 is taking much longer than I expected, but it's an important chapter, so it'll be up later this week.

And just to reiterate, the Angels are Coming

The links and status of the saga are below:
Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; In Process, 8 of 12 Chapters
Angels Arc - Coming Soon!
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IV: The Last Hope
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode V: SEELE Strikes Back
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VI: Return of Reality
Resurgence Arc - Under Construction...
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VII: Awakenings
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode VIII: Echoes of the Past
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode IX: Daybreak
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:34 am

That was very dark in places and heart warming in others :)

Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Well, after some issues at work, a whole lot of re-writes, and a few miracles, the new chapter is now up!

It is my longest chatper yet at over 15,000 words, so that is partly why it took so long

Now just three more chapter till the end of this arc, and then, the Angels are Coming
Please enjoy the gif I made!

Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode I: The Phantom Menace; Complete, 10 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode II: Attack of the Seeds; Complete, 12 Chapters
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; In Process, 9 of 12 Chapters
Last edited by DarkBluePhoenix on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Already read/reviewed on FFN but it was nice to see that important chapter in the college days of the three of them. I will admit I was at one point wondering if you might have had them invite Ritsuko across for a special evening but not to be :P

Really lengthy chapter too, I suppose you cover a lot of ground there and there was no natural place to split up as well. Good work ^_^

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:26 pm

That chapter was so bitter suite and powerful I won't give spoilers all I will say is Ritsuko is really ruthless in this...and watching her line up the domino's just to knock them down was chilling.

xfs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:07 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:> Mimori Shikinami – August 18, 1975
> Asuka Langley Soryu – December 4, 2001

Asuka Langley Soryu is not getting a new name Asuka Shikinami Langley in this plot, right?
If Asuka is getting the Shikinami name I'd be furious. That Mimori b*tch (and the animal Oscar) can even deprive Asuka of her mother's name, her mother's pride and heritage?! (Great plot and great setting though, cruel but great.)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:06 am

View Original Postxfs wrote:Asuka Langley Soryu is not getting a new name Asuka Shikinami Langley in this plot, right?
If Asuka is getting the Shikinami name I'd be furious. That Mimori b*tch (and the animal Oscar) can even deprive Asuka of her mother's name, her mother's pride and heritage?! (Great plot and great setting though, cruel but great.)

Minor Plot Point of Episode III Chapter 7 and 11  SPOILER: Show
No, Asuka is not changing her name at all, thats just her stepmother. Chapter 11 goes into more detail about this. The chapter should be posted in a week so

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:43 am

Hello everyone! I have just posted the new chapter of Episode III

Welcome to NERV

Now only two chapters are left in this arc, and then, the Angels are Coming!

Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; In Process, 10 of 12 Chapters

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:52 am

That was really dark and very satisfying :harpy_liplick:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:38 pm

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls! I have just posted the penultimate chapter of Episode III and the Origins Arc!

Only one chapter remains in this arc, and then, the Angels are Coming!

Soon, very soon

Origins Arc
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Legacy - Episode III: Revenge of Ikari; In Process, 11 of 12 Chapters

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Awesome update :D

Clearly someones growing up and developing her kick ass genes.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:17 am

Really liked that update, as mentioned in my review over there. It's good in a way to catch up with Asuka and Shinji and see how they have developed.

xfs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby xfs » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Resurgence Arc: The arc where additional angels and enemies appear, mainly the remains of SEELE trying to destroy NERV. It will take place several years after the end 3I. THis arc will culminate in a three part finale, aptly called "End of Evangelion" which, yes, cliche, but totally worth it.

The Origins Arc complements the canon so well that I almost didn't realize this is AU until I read this plan for future arcs.

Just to confirm, this is mostly following the NGE continuity until it diverges after 3I and the NTE elements (e.g. Mari) are just elements picked to combine with the NGE continuity.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:12 pm

View Original Postxfs wrote:The Origins Arc complements the canon so well that I almost didn't realize this is AU until I read this plan for future arcs.
Just to confirm, this is mostly following the NGE continuity until it diverges after 3I and the NTE elements (e.g. Mari) are just elements picked to combine with the NGE continuity.

I appreciate the compliment, I'm glad the background of everyone still fits into the show's cannon.

The story will loosely conform to cannon, taking into account the manga, anime, and rebuild, and some of the other official works (such as ANIMA and the Shinji Ikari Raising Project), the events during the second arc, which is a retelling of the show, will be markedly different, even with the inclusion of Mari, a lot will have changed, although all the angels from the show will make an appearance, and then post-3I will be an interesting (to say the least) chain of events 3 years after 3I, similar to ANIMA in the time skip, and placing them in their final year of high school.

The beginning of the second arc should be posted by the end of the week, along with the final chapter of Episode III.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:35 pm

Ok, so I've been holding this post back awhile, but with the upcome shift in the story, I need to post this.

This is all about NERV. After I started this story, I found one of the larger plot holes in the show, and was NERV. We have a loose understanding of its rank structure and how the departments break down within the show. Gendo runs the place under his crazy iron fist with Fuyutsuki as his right hand, Ritsuko heads the research department, and Misato heads tactical, but everything else is left relative mystery.

Basically how this will break down, Gendo and Fuyutsuki are where they are, while Division heads are in chage of thier division and are equal to each other regarding regular operations, unless there is an emergency situation where one's division is thought to be the best to handle a certain situation (where the trade off between Misato and Ritsuko comes in in the show, see Leliel). Branch commanders are ranked "Major" and above, while the Division heads are supposed to be ranked "Colonel" there are exceptions, namely Misato and Ritsuko, Misato, who will initially be a Captain, and Ritsuko, who is a civilian in command without formal rank. Civilians i NERV are given the clreaece and responcibilities of a certain rank, but are not refereed to by a rank, as they were former Gehirn employees who did not get fully transitioned into NERV. Kaji in the show (and in my story) seems to be in an extra-departmental position, not attaching him to a specific Division, but where he seems to solely report to Commander Ikari in some special role, as "Special Inspector" maiking him some kind of internal affairs agent, which is the best possible real-world analog I can think of.

For my story the information below will be used, and I hope all this made sense.

NERV Ranks
    Command Officer Ranks
      Commander
      Sub–Commander
      Colonel
    Senior Officer Ranks
      Lieutenant Colonel
      Major
      Captain
    Junior Officer Ranks
      1st Lieutenant
      2nd Lieutenant
      Junior Lieutenant
      Warrant Officer
    Non–Commissioned Officers Ranks
      Master Sergeant
      Staff Sergeant
      Sergeant
    Enlisted Ranks
      Corporal
      Lance Corporal
      Private First Class
      Private
NERV Divisions
    1st Division – Scientific/Research
    2nd Division – Intelligence
    3rd Division – Tactical
    4th Division – Medical
    5th Division – Technical/Development
    6th Division – Security
    7th Division – Maintenance/Construction
    8th Division – Logistics/Transport
    9th Division – Public Relations/Media
NERV Locations
    NERV HQ – Tokyo–3, Japan
    NERV 1st Branch – MIT, Massachusetts, United States
    NERV 2nd Branch – Area 51, Nevada, United States
    NERV 3rd Branch – Berlin, Germany
    NERV 4th Branch – London, United Kingdom
    NERV 5th Branch – Paris, France
    NERV 6th Branch – Hamburg, Germany
    NERV 7th Branch – Moscow, Russia
    NERV 8th Branch – Nice, France
    NERV 9th Branch – Volgograd, Russia
    NERV 10th Branch – Hong Kong, China
    NERV 11th Branch – Shanghai, China
    NERV 12th Branch – Madrid, Spain
    NERV 13th Branch – Matsushiro, Japan
    NERV 14th Branch – Beijing, China
    NERV 15th Branch – Quebec, Canada
    NERV 16th Branch – Tel Aviv, Israel

Return to “Fanfiction”