Hyuuga and Misato Fanfic....anyone?

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

leninacrowne
Embryo

Hyuuga and Misato Fanfic....anyone?

•      
  •      

Postby leninacrowne » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:07 am

I had been looking for a while and I can't believe how hard it is to find a fanfic of Hyuuga and Misato as a love pair.
I think (my opinion, I think other people may disagree since it is kinda subtle) that it's pretty obvious he has a crush on her and I'm admired not many people (actually I just found one) wrote about this.
Does anyone here has a good fanfic with these two to recommend me? Please, send me the links. ^^

shelter
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shelter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:44 am

You're right. They're Hyuuga/Misato fics are hard to come by. Off the top of my head, I can recommend only two:

- Between the Bars by koneko_zero (LJ) - is a short story from Hyuuga's POV that from halfway through the series up until Instrumentality.

- The Coming of the First Ones by Muphrid - A brilliant novel-length work that's still being updated. Shinji, Asuka & Rei are the main characters, but there's a sizeable amount of Hyuuga/Misato thrown in - if you have the patience to follow the story.

Most Hyuuga/Misato fics are like the second one. They're not the main pairing, so it's hard to search for them on FF.net.

(Note to admin: can this be moved to the Fanfiction section?)

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:11 pm

It's a shame this sort of stuff isn't even alluded to in Rebuild.

leninacrowne
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby leninacrowne » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:41 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:It's a shame this sort of stuff isn't even alluded to in Rebuild.

Right?
She is finally over Kaji's death so why not give a chance to him since they're still working together?
At least a fast (speed light fast) kiss like in EoE.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Some people think Kaji is still alive as of 3.0, he just doesn't appear.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

leninacrowne
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby leninacrowne » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:14 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Some people think Kaji is still alive as of 3.0, he just doesn't appear.

Yeah, he just went to buy some cigarrettes.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Fics with that pairing are really difficult to find! Other than what's already been recommended here, the only fic I can think of is "Ascent of the Fallen" by Sparky Clarkson. The Hyuuga/Misato stuff is not the main part of the story, but it's definitely there, and they have some cute moments together. It's an older fic, so it makes some of the mistakes that came up in quite a few older fics before the Classified Information became more widely known, but it's still a fun read. Sadly, the author's website was taken down, but thanks to the magic of Internet Wayback, it's still possible to read the story: click here
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Hm, the thing with Misato is, you'll find her in a lot of fics but rarely at the main focus, and whenever she gets a bit of focus, the focus is on Kaji, since there's more material to work with - ppl have him return from the sea or just not die at all because of the time-travelling Children's shenigans.
Most people generally like her (well, before Q) with only a few haters present, but she didn't really get really fevrent fans like the Children do...

It certainly is a possibility worth exploring (I think EVA 2 did so - a few clips from his scenario are on nicozon. I could only make out so much because my moonspeak is limited to what I learned from watching fansubs but AFAIK it looks like he does get into her panties, but finds that to be less of an instant relationship upgrade than he thought it would be - also, her complexes kick in and have her apologizing for "doing this to him" right away. He then later urges her to just run away from that ridiculous organization they got themselves caught in, and she refuses. it appears that they break the relationship off, but Hyuuga states that he will keep to support her in her investigations... I think)

As for Rebuild!Hyuuga, well, a minor character like him was the first to be hit by the time cuts, but with the way Q!Misato has become, I guess that she simply was not very receptive after this whole thing - TI and its aftermath must have affected her big time.

Can't really think of any fics right of the bat, tho, except some of the ones that were already mentioned.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

B123
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby B123 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Hey guys just wanting to add my thing here that there's one fanfiction with some Hyuuga/Misato but it's rather small and doesn't go any farther or we don't see more of it due to the fact that its mainly a Asuka/Shinji romance fic. The fic in question is call "Humans weren't meant to float" by GeekViking86 if that's helps any.

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:36 pm

Hyuuga has the potential to be interesting, but it'd just take so much damn work. He lived through Second Impact, probably served in the military in some capacity (I'm guessing non-combat), and has wicked high classified status in a badass secret organization. He'd be a total babe-magnet, but probably describes himself as a UN worker (which in 2015 would have about as much appeal as "I work at the DMV").

Return to “Fanfiction”