From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Postby amitakartok » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:56 pm

But what's the point?
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Glor » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:37 pm

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:But what's the point?

It's a commentary on how people over-exaggerate the darker moments of Evangelion and takes the fanfic tendency to write something overly happy and unfaithful to the characters by making something overly dark and equally as unfaithful to the characters.

Chaddy you're a genius.
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:45 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:I'm gonna make his works look like an even cuddlier version of Aki Change's Life compared to mine.

This is a link to I Knew Him When if you haven't already read it. It is THE darkest Eva fanfic I and many others have ever read. I honesty do not think that the "Fix it?" scene from this fic can be topped in terms of sheer morbidity. It's basically Eva fanficdom's Rat Scene.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:29 am

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:This is a link to I Knew Him When if you haven't already read it. It is THE darkest Eva fanfic I and many others have ever read. I honesty do not think that the "Fix it?" scene from this fic can be topped in terms of sheer morbidity. It's basically Eva fanficdom's Rat Scene.

I've read it and many of his other works as well. I think Eva already had it's rat scene in a fanfic that I'm not going to mention cause I don't want to bring up bad memories. I thought the masturbation with Kensuke was worse by the way. What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to top everything.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:03 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:I think Eva already had it's rat scene in a fanfic that I'm not going to mention cause I don't want to bring up bad memories.

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to (and there are a couple of fics that stand out in mind that are dead ringers for what it could be), that shit is fucking worthless. There's no real story there; it's just the fanfiction equivalent of the Aristocrats joke in trying to be as filthy as possible without having any substance whatsoever. The difference is IKHW has an actual story that it's trying to tell.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:57 am

Well I think every story has a story to tell. Whether it is a troll fic or just an angry fic they all express the author's feelings.

I mean it's usually about how stupid something is to them or something that upset them but their feelings matter.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:56 pm

Speaking of Aki-Chan, I'd like to see an AU of "Second Try" where instead of time traveling back, Asuka, Shinji, and Aki stay in the Post Third Impact world.

Then people start coming back, and Shinjis fears of being hated begin coming back, only magnified by the fact that he's worried how his reputation will hurt his daughters life.

ZetaSonic
Embryo

Postby ZetaSonic » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:00 am

Would it be disrespectful to reference an ill-fated abridged series in regard to Gendo being the only person who actually understands that the premise of the fan fic I'm brainstorming is completely idiotic?

NOTE: The concept follows the TV series, with certain elements of REBUILD thrown in (mainly from the first two movies)... but let's just say that the premise of the series mocks one of the most feared types of spin-offs that any medium can produce. I won't say what it is, though. XP
За звездным небосводом Бог судит , как мы судили

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:39 am

Highschool AU?

ZetaSonic
Embryo

Postby ZetaSonic » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:26 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:Highschool AU?

No. Let's just say that most of the major stuff from the TV series plays out similarly... but Rei, Asuka, and Shinji are younger and all the adults and stuff retain their canon ages.

:devil:

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:31 am

The only thing I can think of is like a childhood friend type deal, but that's really not a spin-off type thing. Are you going to go to like the Muppet baby route? Because I personally liked Muppet Babies.

ZetaSonic
Embryo

Postby ZetaSonic » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:29 am

The Whole thing plays out like a goofy comedy at first.
The Children are all toddlers, everyone else is their normal age.
Misato is an attractive NERV officer who is arbitrarily selected to be Shinji's guardian, but is utterly scatterbrained when it comes to childcare.
Toji and Kensuke are dorky babysitters who spend more time arguing than watching the kids.
We have a Rugrats thing going on with Shinji, Rei, and Asuka, as they can understand one another and the older characters can't.
Fischer-Price-looking controls in the Entry Plugs.

If that sounds ridiculous, that's because it was designed to be.

The kids still have to fight the Angels, Rei's still a clone, etc.

Gendo knows how ludicrous the premise of the plot is but just plays along until he can get into the position where he can stab SEELE in its collective backs by his attempt at becoming a god by way of Third Impact.

(Still considering a meld of REBUILD in this, too...)

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Fyrstorm » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:57 am

View Original PostZetaSonic wrote:The kids still have to fight the Angels

...That's horrifying. Teens, it's understandable, if obviously still treading the acceptable/unacceptable line-- but toddlers?!
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:47 pm

Gob talked about this a little bit back on this thread. only they were a little older about 7 to 11.

ZetaSonic
Embryo

Postby ZetaSonic » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:51 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:...That's horrifying. Teens, it's understandable, if obviously still treading the acceptable/unacceptable line-- but toddlers?!

And that's part of the reason: to poke at the "spin-off babies" concept and I thought of nothing that would make an "oil-and-water" mixture better than EVA.

Then again, I'm the guy who sees EOE as one of the funniest films ever made. (I could go on)

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:58 am

View Original PostZetaSonic wrote:And that's part of the reason: to poke at the "spin-off babies" concept and I thought of nothing that would make an "oil-and-water" mixture better than EVA.

Then again, I'm the guy who sees EOE as one of the funniest films ever made. (I could go on)

What if you made it that there filming the show with little kids as the cast? That way no kids get hurt and you can write it as tongue in cheek and you can poke fun at the series and EOE.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Malevolo
Adam

Postby Malevolo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:38 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:What if you made it that there filming the show with little kids as the cast? That way no kids get hurt and you can write it as tongue in cheek and you can poke fun at the series and EOE.

I read "little kids" all i could think was about genetic engineering, emotion dampener drugs, them being told they're on a simulator, and believing all of that because of the father figures.

Yep, dark.

brer rabbit
Embryo

Postby brer rabbit » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Here my evangelion idea (though someone else can do it if they wish) is something of a Peggy sue, it starts out between episodes 11 & 12 with Misato and Ritsuko having a girls night both of them thinking the other invited them there when they realized neither of them did, they start to wonder who did , then when suddenly a little girl with red hair and pigtails that are as long as her body(she looks like the little girl from RE-TAKE) comes up to them and apologizes saying she was the one who trick them because she says she some private information for the. Curious they ask what it is she says that by the end of the year all but two people will be dead, at first they think she just one of those doomsday sayers until says that Misato is the guardian of Shinji and Asuka and that Risuko is sleeping with Gendo (which shocks Misato) and that there’s going to be an angel attack tomorrow that comes from the sky and if they want to know more she tells them to meet her at the movie theaters alone .( the same one where Shinji was in episode 4) But before they can question her some more she runs off they try to catch her but she disappears the next day after the angel attack they believe she has information for them so they meet her at the theaters alone so they meet her there and Misato and Ritsuko demand to know who she is and she tells them she is "God". (which cause them to laugh hard much to "God's" annoyance) she then asks them to take a seat and explains that third impact will happen and needs their help to avoid it but in order to avoid they need to see what happens when the last angel dies then the screen starts playing and on comes in End Of Evangelion and after they watch it neither Misato and Ritsuko take what happens very well. Ritsuko becomes blind with rages over that Gendo shot her and her mother chose him over her then she quickly composes herself when she realizes that Gendo fail to get what he wanted and that in reality he was a broken little man without his wife and that Yui was beyond insane and rather be in the stars then be with him(she laughs very hard at that) Misato is heartbroken that Asuka died a pointless and horrible death and is disgusted that Shinji used Asuka body like that while she was unconscious and is disappointed he killed the entire world because she said no to him and that he couldn't have her, "God" tells them in order to avoid all of this she needs them to do a few things, for Misato:

1. Misato must be a better mother ("God" tell her she did a poor job last time)

2. Don’t play favorites between Shinji and Asuka

3. Try harder to get Shinji and Asuka together ("God" helps her with that by giving her a folder about the times that Asuka flirted with Shinji and him being too dense to get it and the failed kiss between them)

And for Ritsuko "God" tells her that she needs to convince Gendo that he should open his heart to his son and maybe other people.(even though that's going to be really hard) When Misato asks for more information about the next year to better plan to stop third impact, "God" tells her she can't do that because if she did it would change the timeline too much and most likely would be dealing with even new and worst problem's (that why "God" is giving them as little as information as possible and episodes 16, 18, 19-20, 21 yes Kaji will DIE 22,23,24 will still happen more or less) Ritsuko agrees with that argument, Misato not so much but she can't convince anyone because she has no evidence and with that "God" leaves wishing them the best of luck, Misato and Ritsuko then go to a bar to get wasted but still plan to stop third impact no matter what.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:30 am

^
Do you explain why the timeline is getting fucked up so early?

brer rabbit
Embryo

Postby brer rabbit » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:19 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^
Do you explain why the timeline is getting fucked up so early?

Because "God" knows if she tells them this before the kiss and Bardiel, it will be to late to help them. because by then (due to the events than happen to them) both of the walls to Shinji and Asuka hearts will be too closed off to one another and everybody else for Misato to help them.

"God" is also trying to subtle change the timeline, and she believes going to Misato and Ritsuko between Matarael and Sahaquiel is a good starting point, like if "God" goes to the beginning of the series she risks changing the timeline completely or if she's goes to late in the series(say after Arael) the two won't be able to make a difference.

Return to “Fanfiction”