From Your Lips to the Author's Ears: Story Ideas

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

Asukaner117
Adam

Postby Asukaner117 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:05 pm

'sup folks? :D

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but i dont want to open a new topic.

I dont know if some of you remember me, but i had some story ideas last year, and one of them is still in my head. See this post for some details. I am still working on this story, the most drastic change is using the "curse of eva" from 3.33 and setting the story 125 years after the third impact as seen in EoE.

The biggest challenge however is writing in english. It's not my native language and i never have tried to write something like this. I have no idea if my writing style works in english or even makes sense. So, here is a small scribble from my ongoing project "Children of the Red Sea".

SPOILER: Show
A hundred years. Or was it more? Probably, but who could knew that so exactly?

Somebody certainly does, but for her, it didn't matter. No anymore. Decades have passed since she had made peace with her fate. Not like she had a choice to begin with. She obviously could not die of natural causes so only suicide remained. For Asuka no option. Actually her cadaver should have been rotting under the dirt a long time ago, just like mother showed it to her, yet she looked like she was barely 22 . Her mind however...

An deafening sound thundered across the wasteland. Her look wandered to the Alpha in the distance. The giant monster walked slowly across the blood-red earth. This specimen was almost 25 meters tall and at least 40 long, moving on legs way to thin for a massive body like that. A body pitch black like the darkness, a confusing composition of geometric forms which had the resemblance of a large mammal from a time passed long ago. In her first life a monstrosity like that would have had no chance for survival . But after the great mass extinction called third impact, nothing was the same anymore. The world had been broken down into their individual parts, wildly messed up and put back together by an unstable teenager under the guidance of an intelligence who didn't even came from this part of the milky way. The results spat all formerly known rules of nature straight in the face.

A strong breeze caused her long hair to wildly jerk around while she checked the condition of her rail-gun. The soft whir of the magnetic fields was music to her ears. And she had enough energy cells for a whole concert.

Blue eyes focused on her goal far in the distance, somewhere amid the Red Canyon at the other end of the wilderness. A shy smile disappeared behind the helmet who seemed to grew out of her yellow body armor as she approached her Hoverbike .

The sun hadn't even reached its peak as Asuka already had left a good portion of this part of the red wasteland behind her. Traveling at an insane speed not even one meter above the ground, she effortlessly dodged the pitch black body's without any sign of hesitation. The winds tore furiously on her body, waiting for a moment of weakness. However, she would not fall. She had an appointment with a dead man, and Soryu Asuka Langley had no intention to let him wait.

This is a small test i had first written in german and then translated to english by myself. How is it?[/i]
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:56 pm

(replied by PM)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Iuvenal » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Interest check/RFC for a few ideas I've been kicking around in my head - do any of these sound like they could be made into something readable?

Resonances  SPOILER: Show

A series of one-shot character introspection pieces exploring religious themes in a way sort of akin to Kieślowski's Dekalog. Samples:
Quo vadis: Shinji confronted with Rei's broken body getting wheeled in during Sachiel's attack.
Placeat tibi: Kaji during his time in front of the fan
Lavabo: Shinji after "I'm so fucked up"
Puer datus est nobis: Gendo receives Shinji in Tokyo-3 [I know the quote is mangled, there's a reason]
Quare me repulisti?: Asuka circa "Move, damnit!"

Yui and Kyoko's Bogus Journey  SPOILER: Show

A comedy, hopefully hitting the same tone as Midnight Cereal's masterwork "Shinji Just Flips Out and Totally Wails on Everything". Asuka's mention of Shinji's mother at the outset of the kiss scene causes Unit 01 to sneeze, waking Unit 02. Yui and Kyoko realize they are bored out of their minds, and manage to astral project over to the apartment hoping to troll the kids for their own amusement and wind up walking in on the botched kiss. Hilarity ensues when the parents' attempts to 'fix' things go horribly awry. Special bonus: Pen-Pen can see both specters and his warks are intelligible to them.

You Only Live Twice  SPOILER: Show

A Kaji-based redo fic with a spy-flick and noir feel; I haven't seen that sort of thing done before, and I think it neatly sidesteps some of the issues which plague a lot of redo fics.

This fic takes a 'limited' view of instrumentality, where everyone doesn't know everything going on in everybody else's head - both because the last time I watched EoE it seemed like there were some asymmetries of knowledge in people's interactions, and because it makes the story more interesting if Kaji's knowledge has boundaries.

Because Kaji knows a fair amount the second time 'round, he doesn't necessarily have to expose himself in the same way he did originally to find information out, but he still has to do some snooping both because it would be more suspicious to his 'employers' if he didn't do any digging, and also because telling people you are a time traveler sent back to avert catastrophe is prima facie absurd which necessitates ol' Ryoji doing some parallel construction of shit he already knows. He struggles to save the world and the people he loves, but nobody's perfect, not even people as slick as our favorite Special Inspector. In trying to avoid driving into one ditch, it's easy to roll into another...

(The germ of this idea came as a reaction to "Better Luck Next Time".)
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:11 pm

You Only Live Twice seems to hold the most promise so i recommend that it be the fic you write first

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Just a question.

Why is it when Shinji and Asuka have a kid in Fanfic. The theoretical ShinxAsuka spawn is always female? Is there anyone who's written a fanfic where Shinji's kid is a boy? To me it seems in most fic that Shinji has an easier time with raising a daughter than a son.

Don't flame me!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Iuvenal: Resonances sounds intriguing. My vote's for that one.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:20 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Is there anyone who's written a fanfic where Shinji's kid is a boy?

Yes! :tongue: Well, a boy and a girl in my case (non-identical twins), following an earlier girl who died in infancy. (But the other parent isn't Asuka, of course.)
Last edited by pwhodges on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:21 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:Why is it when Shinji and Asuka have a kid in Fanfic. The theoretical ShinxAsuka spawn is always female?

I think its to create parallels with Asuka's own relationship with Kyoko whereas Shinji barely knew Yui

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:46 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:I think its to create parallels with Asuka's own relationship with Kyoko whereas Shinji barely knew Yui

In that vein, it might be an attempt (unconscious or not) to avoid the complications implicit with a male child -- to not have to deal with the problem of Shinji "pulling a Gendo". We see that Gendo isn't comfortable with a child who's basically a little version of himself and feels more at ease with a "daughter", and it's not out of the question that Shinji would have a similar problem.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:50 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:In that vein, it might be an attempt (unconscious or not) to avoid the complications implicit with a male child -- to not have to deal with the problem of Shinji "pulling a Gendo". We see that Gendo isn't comfortable with a child who's basically a little version of himself and feels more at ease with a "daughter", and it's not out of the question that Shinji would have a similar problem.

Exactly! This is what I want a fanfic to talk about and focus on! Address the implications!

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:54 pm

This Is England  SPOILER: Show
Misato takes Asuka, Shinji and Rei on holiday to the UK, land of fish and chips, punk rock and government surveillence. Predictably, things go horrendously (and hilariously) wrong.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:51 pm

^
Do they run into a certain Britonian?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:56 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^
Do they run into a certain Britonian?

If by that you mean the Britty Titty Kitty...possibly.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

Postby StarShaper7 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:13 pm

The Garden

Adam is revived into giant-of-light form and meets Lilith in a reunion. The resulting Impact destroys the world as we know it and a New Eden forms among the ruins. Shinji, Asuka and Rei are the only survivors as their Evas' AT-Fields protected them.

Over time they accept the traumatic truth of the world's end and the death of their loved ones and find solace in each other. They learn to survive off the land, eating the abundant fruits and, sometimes, feasting on the strange creatures that now roam the Earth.

They realize that they must start repopulating, but Asuka is unwilling to share Shinji. If he chooses Asuka, she will force him to leave Rei. If he chooses Rei, Asuka will leave them. He must decide who he wants to be with: Asuka or Rei. Red or Blue. Eve or Lilith.

Let's turn this into a dating sim or choose your own adventure type thing:

Asuka route - They have, like, a dozen kids. When they've grown up, the kids sometimes wander off into the forest. There they are greeted by the mysterious blue-haired woman who teaches them about the pleasures of the flesh.

Ayanami route - Rei turns out to be infertile. Shinji finds Asuka's corpse on the shore. Feeling abandoned, she chose to take her own life rather than live alone or become Shinji's "other partner." The story ends with Shinji holding Asuka's head in his lap and crying into her. His tears stream down her cold, decaying flesh. Ayanami just looks on with a cold, seemingly indifferent expression.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:54 am

^
Finally! Something cold blooded!
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:44 pm

When The Techies Are Away, The God-Machines Play  SPOILER: Show
The Eva hangers are empty, save for the Evangelion units themselves- all the NERV engineers are off duty for whatever reason. Naturally, the 3 units get bored and so decide to have a chat, nattering about their children, pondering whether Shinji is going to shack up with Asuka or Rei (Kyoko and Zero-chan are quite competitive over this) and trying to answer the eternal question of just who the hell Unit 00 is.

Shinji's Inferno  SPOILER: Show
Poor Shinji ends up dead somehow, and finds himself in hell. There he is met by a friendly imp named Ramama (whose name sounds oddly familiar to him for some reason) and is informed that he has the opportunity to return to the realm of the living...if he can journey through the nine circles of hell to the centre. And so he sets forth on this monumental ordeal, confronted by the guardians of the circles, various characters from history (and oddly enough, various anime series) and the greatest challenge of all, the fact that hell doesn't seem to be alo that nasty a place.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:06 pm

I don't know if I shout smack you or pat you on the back for Ramama :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby r1cepurin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:57 pm

I feel like there should be more crossover ideas than there currently are

I'm developing an idea for a fanfic that crosses Cyborg 009 and NGE. It has to do with The Black Ghost
stealing Rei, turning her body into a cyborg, but the power levels are through the roof,and the Cyborg 009 gang have to return her. The conflict lies in whether her body will remain permanent or not.

I even drew Rei in Black Ghost getup and I'll likely post it in the fanart thread when I get around coloring it.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:58 pm

Here's an idea I've been thinking about lately: Misato was 14 when the Katsuragi expedition discovered Adam in Antarctica, right? Curious that she's the same age as the Eva pilots, Adam is outfitted with Eva gear and they even try to perform a contact experiment on him.

What if the contact experiment worked and Second Impact never happened, or was caused by some other factor? Adam becomes the first prototype Evangelion with Misato as the pilot. Adam's 'revival' in turn stirs some of the Angels out of hibernation. I don't know where this idea would lead but it seemed intriguing.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:34 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Misato was 14 when the Katsuragi expedition discovered Adam in Antarctica, right?

She was still thirteen that year, but same difference I guess.

I've heard the "Misato as Adam pilot" thing before, and as serious speculation goes it's a bit... deficient. But if you think you can make it work as fanfiction, hey, go all out. Misato wouldn't be able to synchronize with Adam's soul, but that problem can be circumvented with some adjustments: Dr. Katsuragi performs the CE; Adam's soul gets directly displaced into the clone/hybrid/whatever that's produced by the experiment; Dr. Katsuragi's soul is consequently sucked into Adam's core as compensation. Something like that.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Fanfiction”