[Film] Most satisfying movie you have seen recently

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Scooby Doo?
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs: Ok not a great movie but it was almost better then the second movie. I saw it with my little cousin of mine and it was rather fun. I think they should have made this into a TV series or something then a 3rd movie though.

I give it a 6.5/10
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:43 am

Agreed. I enjoyed it much more than the second, but naturally the first still takes the cake.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:42 am

though not "new". i just recently (and finally) saw the Godfather films. i loved them, except for Part III and the horrific acting of Sofia Coppola.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:42 pm

xtr00kvltcorex wrote:though not "new". i just recently (and finally) saw the Godfather films. i loved them, except for Part III and the horrific acting of Sofia Coppola.

Everyone else on the planet agrees with you.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Zeak » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Children of men: the final scene just brings the whole movie to a new level. Every time I see it I get shudders. Was very well done. Close second would be cast away.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Those long takes in Children of Men are staggeringly brilliant and truly innovative. Long takes aren't easy in and of themselves, but long takes combined with THAT much movement requires a great deal of choreography and rehearsal. Of course it still has nothing on Russian Ark in that regard. But still a great film.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Zeak wrote:Children of men: the final scene just brings the whole movie to a new level. Every time I see it I get shudders. Was very well done. Close second would be cast away.

I was actually holding my breath at a few points in that movie, especially the long takes near the end. Very enthralling and well done.
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Zeak » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:54 pm

Got to admit it does bring an emotional feeling in the uprising scene.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:24 am

I watch Man Apart and Once Upon Time in Mexico on TV today. Man Apart is meh and Vin Diesel is not too bad but the movie was overall bad. Once Upon Time in Mexico is a great movie with great action and a very good stroy. It was a fun movie and I would be happy to watch it again.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Fast Tony DeNiro
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Fast Tony DeNiro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:09 am

I just watched Children of Men recently also. Pretty much what everyone else has said, the movie was freaking awesome.

And I didn't think The Godfather III was terrible. Obviously it wasn't as good as the first two, but it was still ok.

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Fast Tony DeNiro wrote:I just watched Children of Men recently also. Pretty much what everyone else has said, the movie was freaking awesome.

And I didn't think The Godfather III was terrible. Obviously it wasn't as good as the first two, but it was still ok.

children of men is indeed an amazing film. godfather III was not a BAD film but i felt i lacked just about everything that made I and II so damn good. it almost seemed like a pointless sequel, with michael STILL trying to legitimize his empire but like the 2nd movie fails at it. it felt like godfather II: 20 years later instead of its own story.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

snowballreborn
Lilith

Postby snowballreborn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:25 am

the godfather III is still a great film but it is far from the quality of the first 2 films. I think it was made so that people could shut up about a possible third film and so that no more other sequels would be worth getting made.

I just recently saw Public Enemies. The first half wasn't too interesting and the way it is shot is like a cross between star trek 11 and one of those docudramas you see for history classes that are shot on really low budgets. Overall it was a great film, specifically the last 20 minutes. Every single scene that Johnny Depp is in is amazing and I would love to see him get nominated for best actor for the film, though I wouldn't expect a win. Christian Bale's performance was a little subpar because his accent seemed really fake. The cat and mouse element could have been played a little bit better because christian bale's men would appear out of nowhere and there was very few scenes where it explained how they figured out where Johnny Depp was going to be. It's a very different sort of film and is without a doubt original, I'd give it 3 1/2 stars out of 4. Recommended.

Shadowed Valor
Embryo

Postby Shadowed Valor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:29 am

"Gran Torino," for sure. I've been trying to catch "Let the Right One In," but it has evaded me for some time.
There's supposed to be signature here? But last time I wrote on the monitor, I couldn't get the permanent marker off!!

D8

snowballreborn
Lilith

Postby snowballreborn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:05 am

Shadowed Valor wrote:"Gran Torino," for sure. I've been trying to catch "Let the Right One In," but it has evaded me for some time.

Let the Right One In is definitely worth the watch.

I also watched Revolutionary Road. I started off not liking the film but past the 15 minute mark it gets really really good. That John Character with the mental issues is hilarious. Very dark movie but also very great. Both Kate Winslet and Leonardo Diccaprio give "A+" performances.

Squirrel Ninja
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Squirrel Ninja » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:11 am

Just got back from the midnight showing of Bruno, and am happy to report it was wonderful. Sasha Baron Cohen is a troll artist.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 am

Squirrel Ninja wrote:Just got back from the midnight showing of Bruno, and am happy to report it was wonderful. Sasha Baron Cohen is a troll artist.

I really want to see that movie BADLY. I didn't really care much for Borat, but the previews for Bruno just call my name.

Squirrel Ninja
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Squirrel Ninja » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:50 am

In terms of comedy and audacity on Cohen's part, it surpasses Borat.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:57 pm

snowballreborn wrote:I also watched Revolutionary Road.
Winslet and DiCaprio are good but I thought the film was extremely mediocre; a rather watery rehashing of Mendes's pet theme of 'darkness under the shiny surface of suburbia' that he already covered (much better) in American Beauty.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Tlaloc
Embryo

Postby Tlaloc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:14 pm

So far, Watchmen as it manages to capture the spirit and message of the Graphic Novel despite some changes. Trully an underrated film.

Return to “Film and Video”