[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:39 pm

View Original PostMuscleRobo wrote:Could those boobs be any more accentuated? I expect her to swing them up to block a blow with how pronounced they are! lol

Boob armor is a handy way to determine that an artist's an idiot.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:55 pm

To be fair the power rangers costumes were designed with spandex and not armour in mind and it's probably just trying to be faithful, still looks fucking dumb though.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:59 pm

Heck, the name...Power Rangers.

You can't say that seriously with a straight face. There's no gritty reboot to be had with that phrase.

It's like Awesome Commandos, or Stupendous Scouts.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:14 pm

I don't really care what they do with Power Rangers.

I rewatched a few episodes of the original series a week or two ago. I was sober, even.

My God was that show terrible. The acting, the effects, the music, the dialogue, the plots... it's all horrendous, but not in a way that rises to the level of transcendance. It's not like G1 transformers where it's so stupid that the stupidity warps around into genius. There is no equivalent of sentient transforming robots whose heads are also independently sentient transforming robots riding inside one of their own comrades who can transform into a space shuttle or a steam locomotive while they plot to blow up the sun to harvest the explosion here. It's just grating crap. I couldn't stand thirty seconds of Zordon's voice and I wanted to smash Alpha with a baseball bat.

I can't believe my parents could stand that shit. Seriously.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:31 pm

Yeah, but that theme song was the shit.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:20 am

XXX - The Return of Xander Cage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mspnr56tnLA

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:41 pm

First Poster for Kong: Skull Island

SPOILER: Show

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:32 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:First Poster for Kong: Skull Island

SPOILER: Show

Trailer for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E591L_sxw-k

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm guessing this takes place in a separate continuity from the PJ movie? That Kong is waaaaay too big to be connected to the one from the PJ movie

I am looking forward to seeing this though. Dinosaurs against Vietnam era soldiers? That's something we've never really seen done on the big screen, let alone with a modern production value.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:21 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I'm guessing this takes place in a separate continuity from the PJ movie? That Kong is waaaaay too big to be connected to the one from the PJ movie

I am looking forward to seeing this though. Dinosaurs against Vietnam era soldiers? That's something we've never really seen done on the big screen, let alone with a modern production value.

Oh yeah its a full reboot, it's set in the 2014 Godzilla universe in the 70s.
The 76 film tried doing it in the 1970s and it really didn't work, this looks a lot better.
And his enlarged size helps with the fact that in the 70s it's pretty easy to kill a Gorilla the size of the 33/76 versions.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:30 pm

Reviews for Suicide Squad are mixed to negative. Opinions are especially not kind to Jared Leto's Joker who is more of an extended cameo & has zero scenes with any of the members of the Suicide Squad except for Harley Quinn.

I'm going to get some popcorn because the crazy online Batman community is about to lose their minds.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:37 pm

Wonder how much it's going to make. It's tracking for a $100-million-plus opening weekend, and it cost less than BvS ($175 million vs $250 million). Assuming a similar marketing budget to BvS, it should need about $650 million worldwide to break even, which seems doable.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:31 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Opinions are especially not kind to Jared Leto's Joker who is more of an extended cameo & has zero scenes with any of the members of the Suicide Squad except for Harley Quinn.

One of the guys who saw a early screening of it back in may said the version we are getting this week removed scenes that added to the Joker's relevance to the overall film :um: :um:

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Hmmm. With all of that in mind, I can see it opening big, but taking a major tumble on its second week, jut like BvS did.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:56 pm

HAHAHAHAHA! The DC Fanboys do NOT disappoint!

https://www.change.org/p/rottentomatoes-com-shutdown-rotten-tomatoes

As for what Suicide Squad will do financially? I think it will top Batman V. Superman cause there's more interest in the project since it's a more unique project & the marketing has been phenomenal. Plus the film still might still catch on with general audiences because the common thread in the reviews is that Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jay Hernandez, Viola Davis & the majority of the cast besides one actor really delivers in making their characters likable it's just they happen to be stuck in a mess of a film. I'm still hoping for a good time at the movies - love me some Margot Robbie & I NEED a Harley Quinn + Poison Ivy sequel that's a Thelma & Louise road trip picture - but David Ayer has always been a hit or miss filmmaker for myself.

For me the most curious future development will be seeing whether Warner Brothers will keep Jared Leto as the Joker. He alienated pretty much the entire cast & crew by being his usual unpleasant self - sending used condoms to your fellow actors does not really aid them in their performance - & if he ended up being more of a pain than he's worth & audiences don't respond well to him - entirely possible for a generation that grew up with the defining performance by Heath Ledger - I could see them recasting the part.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:38 pm

That petition is AIDS.

Gendo'sPapa wrote:sending used condoms to your fellow actors does not really aid them in their performance

I'm pretty sure if he had literally any other job, he'd not only be fired, but in jail right now if this was indeed true.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:54 pm

http://moviepilot.com/posts/4020209

Just google search Jared Leto Joker & you'll get some articles about it. His explanations are pretty stupid. Made even worse if he never shares the screen with any of the cast except Margot Robbie.
And Leto could get fired if Will Smith - the biggest movie star with global appeal in the DC universe by a large margin - refuses to work on a film set with him again.

And to think Heath Ledger achieved the same effect from his peers on The Dark Knight without the aid of used condoms, pig heads or anal beads. He just stayed in a hotel room for a bit and worked on creating a character.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:36 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:As for what Suicide Squad will do financially? I think it will top Batman V. Superman cause there's more interest in the project since it's a more unique project & the marketing has been phenomenal. Plus the film still might still catch on with general audiences because the common thread in the reviews is that Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jay Hernandez, Viola Davis & the majority of the cast besides one actor really delivers in making their characters likable it's just they happen to be stuck in a mess of a film. I'm still hoping for a good time at the movies - love me some Margot Robbie & I NEED a Harley Quinn + Poison Ivy sequel that's a Thelma & Louise road trip picture - but David Ayer has always been a hit or miss filmmaker for myself.

I personally think it'll end up doing more modestly, somewhere in the $700 million range. It should still turn a profit anyway, though; its production budget was $175 million as opposed to BvS's $250 million, so assuming both movies have similar marketing budgets it would need $600 million to break even.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:52 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Reviews for Suicide Squad are mixed to negative. Opinions are especially not kind to Jared Leto's Joker who is more of an extended cameo & has zero scenes with any of the members of the Suicide Squad except for Harley Quinn.

Watched it yesterday and I vouch for this. Jared Leto's Joker is unremarkable, Margot Robbie steals his thunder, sadly she is used for comedic relief so much that the few times when she acts serious aren't really convincing. The final showdown has some silly cliches and the deaths are predictable. That being said, it's not an awful experience, the movie is good enough to entertain, they tried to copy the Marvel formula and, to a degree, they succeeded.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:18 am

First pics from ARRIVAL directed by Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners, Enemy, Sicaro) and staring Amy Adams & Jeremy Renner.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/ju ... cs-a144344

Return to “Film and Video”