[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:17 pm

A Walk Among the Tombstones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Ttj9tXzCA

Liam Neeson as a bad-ass, alcoholic ex-cop turned Private Investigator? Count me in. Comes out the day after my birthday too!
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:18 pm

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO0jUAzOsV8
This is going to be awesome.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:52 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

2015 is going to be the best year for blockbuster movies since 1989.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:46 am

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:52 am

Non-spoiler review for Interstellar: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/29/first-non-spoiler-review-interstellar-shooting-for-the-stars-and-hitting-the-moon/
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:12 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

bit late but I just saw the trailer for the first time. Holy shit, why arguing about how terrible the next Jurassic Park and Star Wars are going to be when this shit exists. #Hype

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

ChamucaRobota
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ChamucaRobota » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Am I the only one excited for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9L1zRAlYYQ

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:14 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:bit late but I just saw the trailer for the first time. Holy shit, why arguing about how terrible the next Jurassic Park and Star Wars are going to be when this shit exists. #Hype

I just saw the new full length trailer for this. Man, this looks like a really fun movie. Even better that it's directed by the same guy that made all the previous ones. Too bad Ebert died a couple years ago, I remember him really loving all of them.

Plus Verdi's Requiem will always be epic for trailers. You have my money, Warner Bros.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:22 pm

This being the new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtKfNYpXp3c

There are no words. It's beautiful. I'm not being facetious: This film is going to be gorgeous.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:30 pm

New james bond movie is coming out soon, its called "Spectre" obviously featuring the return of said organization, also: "ACCORDING TO A LEAKED EMAIL WITHIN SONY, THE NEXT BOND FILM WILL FEATURE, AND I QUOTE, A “LESBIAN BAD LADY”"

so pussy galore then.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:12 pm

I also read that one of those leaked correspondences gave way that Spectre is expected to cost a mind-numbing $300 million.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:37 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:I also read that one of those leaked correspondences gave way that Spectre is expected to cost a mind-numbing $300 million.

Are they actually building a hallowed-out volcano lair this time around?
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:20 pm

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:58 am

Iron Sky II -- now with added dinosaurs.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:21 am

View Original PostTrajan wrote:Are they actually building a hallowed-out volcano lair this time around?

Well now, if they're actually building a supervillain lair that would explain the expenses.

But odds are it's going to spent on the CG, special effects and whatnot.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Poltergeist (2015) Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdnsO_e5pDs

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:51 pm

:jail:

Apparently, Hollywood is finally (after over a decade and a half in development hell) moving forward with a live action Macross/Robotech movie. . . with the director of the first live action GI: JOE at the helm!

http://deadline.com/2015/02/robotech-movie-hollywood-gang-1201364914/

Stop it! Just Stop making movies based off of Anime Hollywood! What did we ever do to you?
Last edited by Ray on Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:12 pm

good, let the macross fans suffer! :devil:

sorry its just if you mention that you like robotech more than macross around a macross fan chances are you are going to get a long ass rant on why they hate robotech, seriously besides just being annoying they sent numerous death threats to carl maceck until he actually did die.
fuck macross fans.

also i don't really mind this because......why do we care? we know its going to be shit so just don't go to see it and continue watching the anime that you love, its simple.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:18 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:why do we care? we know its going to be shit so just don't go to see it and continue watching the anime that you love, its simple.

Truer words have never been spoken.

- Suicidahlia

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:28 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:also i don't really mind this because......why do we care? we know its going to be shit so just don't go to see it and continue watching the anime that you love, its simple.

The fact a whole generation is going to have their first impression of both franchises be this movie, ugh. . . freakyfilmfan said he didn't watch Avatar: The Last Airbender for the longest time after M Night Shamhammers movie all but ruined it's reputation. I don't even think I need to mention The last Three Bayformer movies turning Transformers children's show, into an overinflated border line r-rated mysogynistic piece of crud.

When you see a bad movie based on something you aren't a fan of, be that an anime, Tv show, comic book, novel etc. it's just a bad movie. At worst you leave the theatre disappointed you wasted your time and money.

But when you see a bad movie based on something that you love, it's not only disappointing. . .it's anger inducing and heartbreaking. You know this is the best its ever going to be until another generation (or two or three) passes and someone decides to remake it. Assuming they ever do!

It's like the difference between the funeral of a man you barely know, and the funeral of a beloved relative. You feel sad in both cases because someone died, but you only feel really upset, sad, and angry at the world in the case of the latter!

Return to “Film and Video”