Star Wars

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Hawq
Lilith

Postby Hawq » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:44 pm

View Original PostSepulcural Voice wrote:hasn't sodomized his fans enough for money yet.
that & he probably still kind of hates 3D & is secretly hoping starting with the worst film kills all want for the others to be done, I'm not sure if its good to start there or not. On one hand it'll put some people off, bloody jar jar & annoying kid anakin, but on the other it means the films can only get better from there on (albeit marginally with ep 2 & 3)

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:52 pm

View Original Posttomrule123 wrote:Converting 2D to 3D is a waste of time.
If the 3D theater re-releases of all six movies make a lot of money in total (and they probably will) it wouldn't have been a total waste of time.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:09 pm

I wonder is George Lucas and James Cameron aren't secretly at war with each other. I mean, you even heard George complaining on set of The Phantom Menace about how much money James Cameron's Titanic was making, saying "We can't beat that. That's impossible."

Now James Cameron's beaten George to the punch in improved technology diplayed in all of it's 3-D glory, and George needs to prove to the world yet again that his antics make money too... even though most of us don't want him to make any more movies.

Yes, George. We've seen your Howard the Duck and Star Wars Holiday Special. We know better.

Having said that, I would probably see a 3-D Star Wars movie. Even if just for the opening shot in the 1977 film.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:14 pm

I hope to see the Star Wars Holiday Special in 3D soon :D.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:23 pm

I think Raiders of the Lost ark would make a better 3D film., as I can't see Star Wars being any more enjoyable in 3D.
Voluntary Illusion.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:20 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:I think Raiders of the Lost ark would make a better 3D film., as I can't see Star Wars being any more enjoyable in 3D.

I agree with Raiders being the better choice for a 3-D movie. But George hasn't been know for awesome decision like that recently, has he. Though, I think the original '77 film's trench scene would be pretty neat in 3-D, as well as the Death Star tunnel shots in Return of the Jedi.

Oh, wait. Greedo shoots first. And all that implies. :facepalm: Never mind.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:00 am

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:If the 3D theater re-releases of all six movies make a lot of money in total (and they probably will) it wouldn't have been a total waste of time.

If the films were done with the 3D in mind in the first place, then I would see them. But since the effects and shots were done in 2D, I don't see how this will work. Oh, sure, theaters will still make money out of 3D Star Wars (well, because it's Star Wars. I can't explain it any further), but don't expect any of my money spent on this.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:59 pm

yippee!! Jar Jar Binks in 3-D!!! :gunmouth:

seriously though, I cannot believe Lucas thinks the prequels are going to make money, their collective reputation is awful on a legendary scale

the fact that this is a retrofit of 3-D onto 2-D makes it highly questionable as to whether it would even look good, much less add any new enjoyment

the only way I could think it could work at all is the sequences in outer space where the Millennium Falcon, X-Wings, TIE fighters, etc., are in dogfights or just flying around, those scenes may translate well into 3-D, but the other more static scenes just would not work like much of 3-D does not

and what Bomby posted
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Maybe Georgey boy should focus on getting Star Wars Blu Ray's out BEFORE he get's started on another redundant re-release.

And what ever happened to the promised Live Action Series?

Oh, that's right.

George Lucas wrote:"The live action TV show is kind of on hold because we have scripts, but we don't know how to do 'em.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:57 pm

View Original PostTriLink wrote:Maybe Georgey boy should focus on getting Star Wars Blu Ray's out BEFORE he get's started on another redundant re-release.

Just because the company is called "Lucasfilm" doesn't mean it's a one-man shop...

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:32 pm

View Original Postdrinian wrote:Just because the company is called "Lucasfilm" doesn't mean it's a one-man shop...

True, but let's not kid ourselves; George Lucas DOES have final say on all things Star Wars. If he wants a Blu Ray release, it'll happen sooner rather than later. But he'd rather hold out a couple of years so when they finally do get around to it, they make make a big thing out of it like they did with the DVD releases.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:God bless you, sir. :cheers:
danke

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm so excited!

It looks great! ^_^

Can't wait to play.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:32 pm

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:I'm so excited!

Hopefully it'll have the epic story of the first one without the craptacular gameplay.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:03 pm

Force Unleashed II could use a more solid-sounding voice for Vader, otherwise, looks better written than the first. Too bad I only played the first game on the Wii.
Voluntary Illusion.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:56 pm

What's this a Episode 7-9?

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p ... 67&count=0

I think Episode 6 had the best ending to end the series, and I have a feeling that Episode 7 would be like Indy 4 all over again. A movie based of "Night of the Old Republic" games won't be a bad idea.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:35 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:What's this a Episode 7-9?
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p ... 67&count=0
I think Episode 6 had the best ending to end the series, and I have a feeling that Episode 7 would be like Indy 4 all over again.

Great. Old Luke, Han and Leia on an adventure... without the use of Darth Vader... in 3D! ...what a waste.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:48 pm

I actually remember years ago reading that Lucas was originally going to do Episodes VII-IX after Return of the Jedi, but his costly divorced in the mid-1980's stopped it

add in the unwillingness of much of the original cast to return (thereby making any sequel material likely to not be credible by the standards the franchise had previously set), he "felt" forced to eventually do the prequels instead

I don't give credence to this story...yet

perhaps if more serious sources like Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, or Lucas himself confirm it, my opinion on its veracity would change

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Well by 2019 it been 20 years since Episode 1 cameout, I have a feeling in 2017 that we will see major news on a Episode 7-9. I'm not surprised by this news since I knew it would happen one day.

Return to “Film and Video”