Star Wars

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

planet news
Armisael
Armisael

Postby planet news » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:00 pm

I remember when it was cool just to be able to lift an X-wing out of a bog.
"Crab People, look like crab, talk like people. Crab people . . ."

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:30 pm

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:20 pm

View Original Postplanet news wrote:I remember when it was cool just to be able to lift an X-wing out of a bog.

*sigh* I know what you mean...

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:44 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY

New trailer for 'The Old Republic' MMORPG.

Is there an unwritten rule somewhere that states "All Sith Lord must be part robot or deformed in some way"? Apart from Dooku (whose gimmick was "I am old and I used to be friggin' Dracula) are there any normal looking siths?

Also it still bugs me that THREE THOUSAND YEARS in the Star Wars past all the locations and all of the technology are exactly the same.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:42 pm

View Original Postmaster_lloyd wrote:Is there an unwritten rule somewhere that states "All Sith Lord must be part robot or deformed in some way"? Apart from Dooku (whose gimmick was "I am old and I used to be friggin' Dracula) are there any normal looking siths?
I believe the idea behind that is the premise that such robotics and deformities represent to what degree the Sith's "humanity" or goodness is pretty much absent, whereas the Jedi in converse usually exude "youth" and supernatural prettiness

it's symbolically why Vader/Anakin became "more machine now than man" and such, plus it is a cheap and easy way to tell who is "the bad guy"

and I cannot explain why the technology seems to not change, my guess is if the light sabers were replaced with regular swords and and blasters were replaced with flintlocks it would then not "look" like Star Wars to most people

that all being said, if even half of the hype around The Old Republic MMORPG is met, I would be a very happy camper
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Looks like Boba Fett will be TFU 2.
The vocals in this video are messed up for some reason.

EDIT: Here is a USA Today article about Boba being in TFU 2. Video with proper audio is linked in the article.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~

EDITX2: Story and Gameplay Unleashed: The Force Unleashed II at Comic-Con StarWars.com Article.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:33 pm

Wow, that looks like one of the best Boba renders yet. At first I was a bit skeptical because of all the cameos he has made in games over the years but then I thought 'hang on, Boba Fett is one of a handful of characters they've never messed up in the games'. I'm now of the opinion that Boba has the potential to make the storyline of TFU2 interesting for me.
Voluntary Illusion.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:19 am

I really hate that certain exclusives are received only through pre-ordering these days.

I hope they become available as DLC after the game's release eventually.
100-81
80-61
60-41
40-21
20-1

Fan boy whining about certain positions  SPOILER: Show
100-81
SPOILER: Show
How can they put Cade Skywalker at #86?? and Darth Traya should definitely be higher as well. :stubborn:

80-61
Salicious Crumb at #66? Ew. If they were going to put that on the list they should've put it at #100.

60-41
59 - Hondo Ohnaka: It should be noted that Count Dooku let himself get kidnapped by him.
53 - They put Krayt at 53 but have Cade at 86? :nono:

40-21
Aw. Grevious is #37. :(
Cad Bane at #31 seems right.
Windu should be in the top twenty.
There is no way Padme should be in the Top 50. She should be somewhere in 100 - 80 at least.
Dooku should be a little higher. >>;

20-1
Palpatine should be in the top ten as well as Lando.
No complaints about the top five. :)
Saw #1 coming.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:42 am

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:35 am

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:_____________
IGN puts up their top 100 Star Wars characters list:

I'd never heard of about a 1/3 of those characters, and of the 2/3 I was aware of, I was unaware that a lot of them actually had names (I'm looking at you Salacious Crumb). DAMN YOU EXPANDED UNIVERSE!!!

Also I found that woman incredibly annoying. I don't know why...
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Star Wars on Blu-Ray in 2011. Lucas has said that only the the "special" editions of the original films will be included, "since restoring the original versions in high enough quality would cost too much."

I can't say as I'll be buying, then. Seems like NOT including them could cost them some money.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:37 pm

good grief, Lucas and his ego and hypocrisy

he sells out the franchise like crazy for so long, and when one product that people actually want to buy that stands against his ego in those dopey "Special Editions", he refuses to acquiesce for the cash just this once

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:51 pm

It'd be nice if somethings from the Original Trilogy DVD Special Editions were reedited and changed for the Blu-Ray versions.
Like Greedo not shooting Han at all and getting rid of or at least somewhat changing the painfully obvious CGI inclusions. Updating the blaster and lightsaber visuals for this release would be nice as well.

Either way, I'm still going to wind up getting them as well as the Prequel Trilogy Blu-Rays.
...and I also need to get the Clone Wars Season One and Two on blu-ray as well. >_>
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:01 pm

View Original PostJoseph the PRPD wrote:It'd be nice if somethings from the Original Trilogy DVD Special Editions were reedited and changed for the Blu-Ray versions.

Yes! I especially want them to bring back Boba Fett's original voice and erase the goddamn gungan lines from the RotJ montage.

Like Greedo not shooting Han at all and getting rid of or at least somewhat changing the painfully obvious CGI inclusions.

I read this as 'Like Gendo not shooting Han at all...' :fuyu_facepalm:

Either way, I'm still going to wind up getting them.

I've been sharing my parents' 1997 SE and 2004 SE set for years, if a time comes when I want to pick up my own copies I probably won't mind these new editions. Also, I would like to check out the new docos provided they're in line with the 2004 SE doco and not the prequel docos >.<
Voluntary Illusion.

WonderBug
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby WonderBug » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Yeah I think I'll be sticking with my 1995 VHS tapes. Every now and again I'll catch snippets of the movies on Spike or something, and the added scenes are so just so embarrassing.

I especially want them to bring back Boba Fett's original voice

I had a friend who was only familiar with the new voice, and after I showed him this video featuring the very hot original voice he said he preferred the Kiwi version! I was most displeased. The new guy sounds like a damned robot in comparison; there's no gravel.

Sepulcural Voice
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sepulcural Voice » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Yeah, add me in as somebody who's generally displeased about the 'special editions'. None of the additions to these movies actually ADD to them, if anything it dimishes some of the scenes (like Greedo shooting Han, or even the creatures at Mos Eisley).

Bleh. I wish I could get the original but nnooooo...

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 pm

View Original PostWonderBug wrote:Yeah I think I'll be sticking with my 1995 VHS tapes. Every now and again I'll catch snippets of the movies on Spike or something, and the added scenes are so just so embarrassing.

View Original PostSepulcural Voice wrote: None of the additions to these movies actually ADD to them, if anything it dimishes some of the scenes (like Greedo shooting Han, or even the creatures at Mos Eisley).

A short list of retcons I'd like to see revised:
- I don't mind the 1997 Mos Eisley approach scene, but it would be better without the animals. Also, remove that stupid thing that walks in front of camera when the landspeeder is pulled over. It's cinematically dumb.
- Cut out the Emperor's new lines from the 2004 edition of ESB. It's great to have Ian as the Emperor in that scene, unfortunately these new lines spoil the mood of the later scenes between Luke and Vader.
- Restore the original Anakin to the end of RoTJ - his small part without the mask and suit said that anyone is capable of becoming a good person (i.e. come back to the 'light side'). In principal the idea of adding in Hayden to the 2004 Edition is sound - in reality, with an un-aged Hayden in that place it's not the same scene. Bring back the original Anakin!

View Original PostWonderBug wrote:I had a friend who was only familiar with the new voice, and after I showed him this video featuring the very hot original voice he said he preferred the Kiwi version! I was most displeased.

Thank you so much for sharing that, I haven't heard the pre-dub Boba in years and it's sooo good to hear him again. If you look at the top comments on that vid, one of them is: 'Only Boba Fett can make putting something in a cargo hold sound badass' - absolutely agree. I like the Kiwi fellow who plays Jango Fett and when he voices the helmeted clones, unfortunately his voice in ESB makes Boba sound like an inexperienced bounty hunter.
Voluntary Illusion.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:19 am

I prefer Kiwi's voice actully.
I just like his voice more than the original.
Maybe it's the accent I really like. *shrugs*

Sepulcural Voice
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Sepulcural Voice » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 am

I actually don't even remember what the original Anakin even looked like... it's been that long since i've seen the original versions of the OT films. I don't really remember what the original Boba Fett sounded like either, but I don't exactly mind the revised voice on general principle.

So... yeah, I agree entirely with your post EvangelionFan.

Return to “Film and Video”