YouTube Videos

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Dirty Mick
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Dirty Mick » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:07 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Unfortunately, got "Uploader did not make this video available to your country" error...

Sorry, what about this link? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1uvut_living-colour-glamour-boys_music

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:19 pm

Too awesome.

That german forklift video was awesome too.
I can sub it, does anybody want a translation?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Stephen Crowder has a new video out, and while I would normally refrain from posting something of his due to politics I think this video definitely is worth risk of sharing. This is not just because it's one of the few videos he has where it looks like he's genuinely angry about something, but also because a good portion of the video is spent talking about the state of comedy today and what is considered acceptable in the industry.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Obstermaxmaster
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Obstermaxmaster » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:24 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:3D Wii-TV

^ Now that is something Nintendo should look into!
I WISH DAYLIGHT SAVINGS NEVER HAPPENED SO WE CAN WATCH MORE KARE KANO ~ C.A.P. ON SKYPE

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:52 pm

Voluntary Illusion.

psychosis090
Adam

Postby psychosis090 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:33 am

Men From Up The Stairs by David Firth
You think ignorance is cute? Well, I suppose you think mental retardation is downright adorable! - Ed Wuncler, Sr.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:02 pm

- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:07 am

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:21 am

View Original Postpsychosis090 wrote:Men From Up The Stairs by David Firth

Man, I love David Firth. Always strange, frequently hysterical, sometimes beautiful. I would have to say my favorite videos by him are Socklops and the Spoilsbury Toast Boy.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:10 pm

I promise I don't have rabies!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZRyNa57YeA&feature=topvideos_film

psychosis090
Adam

Postby psychosis090 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:38 am

You think ignorance is cute? Well, I suppose you think mental retardation is downright adorable! - Ed Wuncler, Sr.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:46 am

oh god no :psyduck:

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:48 am

View Original PostXard wrote:oh god no :psyduck:

I reacted in the exact same way.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:27 pm

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:23 pm

Who is this Chris-chan? A famous otaku in the west?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:05 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Who is this Chris-chan? A famous otaku in the west?

Uh...not exactly. He's like the most cruel satire of the stereotypical otaku you can imagine, only he doesn't realize it. He's also autistic. Around 2007 4chan became aware of him and, predictably, he attracted the attention of those who enjoy taking the piss out of mentally ill people; they began to take the piss out of him. And actually they pretty much haven't stopped since.

From the wiki devoted to this shit (yes, there's a wiki):

Chris is a timid, self-absorbed little man who has been allowed - by his parents and/or his autism - to eternally live like a child, amassing toys and video games into a single room in his parents' house. Now approaching thirty, he is so comfortable in his pitiful existence that he refuses to conform to the rules of society[...]although the public school system forced society and Chris to put up with one another, Chris is now free to stay indoors and not do anything he doesn't want to do. Accordingly, Chris has never held a steady job or had any meaningful relationship with a woman (or anyone of any gender, for that matter).

The problem is that, for all the fact that most of the people who troll him are kind of sick, he's also kind of sick - well, very sick, actually and it's pretty difficult to feel sorry for him if you get a feel for his personality.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:28 pm

Thanks Azathoth. Without knowing he is autistic I would just take him as like a hikikomori.

In this case, I guess he did not give approval of all those youtube videos featuring him in them then? I wonder if he is even aware of them? And how people in the net are making fun of him?

And I would also like to question the incentive of those who made the videos and those who told people around about those videos as jokes. Do they really think that those videos are FUNNY??? What were they thinking?? Even if his personality may not be to most's liking, he suffers from a tough and intractable disease, which may well contribute to his general sickness in his behavior and attitude (I do not know much about him, so this part is just my guess)
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun May 01, 2011 2:03 am

Weirdest seiyuu OP IMHO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jB-ub-rToQ&feature=player_embedded

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun May 01, 2011 2:09 am

^ OH GOD WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YUU KOBAYASHI?! :fistshake:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Return to “Film and Video”