Cloud Atlas

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Saw Cloud Atlas over the weekend. I enjoyed it, however I feel like I missed some things, I feel like I need to rewatch and maybe read the book as well. The accents and some of the dialect, particularly in Neo Seoul and after the fall, made it difficult to follow what was happening. I'm disappointed that it's performing as badly as it is.

BornIn1142
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby BornIn1142 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:36 pm

It'll hopefully make up its budget in the European and Asian markets.

The box office returns are especially depressing when you read about what a grueling time the Wachowskis had getting it financed in the first place. They were begging and pleading and put up a lot of their own money as well.
"I'm afraid you can't create tragedy out of abnormal psychology." - Andrew Sarris.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:45 am

I feel CLOUD ATLAS - the great film it is - will win in the long run. This is a film that 10 years from now A LOT of people will say it led them on a path towards true cinema obsession. It was never going to be a box office hit.

Meanwhile a turd like FLIGHT goes on to win accolades, money & will be immediately forgotten by all.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:05 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Meanwhile a turd like FLIGHT goes on to win accolades, money & will be immediately forgotten by all.

I love Cloud Atlas for what it is, but is FLIGHT really that bad? I mean its Denzel Washington!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Denzel Washington is great in FLIGHT. The movie around him though outside of the amazing plane crash setpiece is a terrible after-school special dragged out to 2 & a 1/2 hours.

Return to “Film and Video”