YouTube Videos

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:39 pm

"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:27 pm

that's not birth of a nation
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:36 pm

It's the new Birth of a Nation for today's generation.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:41 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:today's generation.

Today's generation .................... why?

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Why not?
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

It's Paris Hilton.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:07 pm

Oh bobbyfischer's ghost. Could it be? could it possibly be, that you think me to be. . . serious?

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Not really.

Like said it's Paris Hilton

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:09 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:that's not birth of a nation

It's a devolution.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Wow. I didn't know film reviews could be that bad.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 am

Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:28 am

I've seen a lot of weird and awesome things pulled off in idol concerts, but I just came across something that's hard to top: a freakin' saxophone solo performed by one of the members of SKE48!
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:11 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Awesome.

I was gonna say you're late, but that was you too! :lol:

View Original PostOz wrote:I've seen a lot of weird and awesome things pulled off in idol concerts, but I just came across something that's hard to top: a freakin' saxophone solo performed by one of the members of SKE48!

Huh. How do these different teams interact? AKB, SKE, NMB, HKT -- are they all just variations on a theme, all one big group, what?
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:33 am

Someone has trailed a chunk of an entirely unauthorised adaptation of Hyperion (as seen in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzmiya, episode 2) -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIoq44EXcvk
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

•      
  •      

Postby Oz » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:41 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Huh. How do these different teams interact? AKB, SKE, NMB, HKT -- are they all just variations on a theme, all one big group, what?

AKB48 is the mothership, the others are sister groups. The whole group/organization is referred to with multiple names. I call it the 48 family, some fans call it Group48 and I've often seen Japanese fans refer to it with G48. There are also times when AKB48 itself stands for all the groups. All the groups are based in different parts of Japan and are active in their local prefecture with all sorts of deals and sponsors. Each group adds their own local flavor and embraces it completely (be it a dialect or something else). Each one of these groups also has its own theater in which they perform almost daily.

AKB48 = Tokyo, Akihabara
SKE48 = Nagoya, Sakae
NMB48 = Osaka, Namba
HKT48 = Fukuoka, Hakata

There also used to be one sister group based in Tokyo that aimed for a more adult image: SDN48 (Saturday Night 48). There are also foreign sister groups: JKT48 (Jakarta, Indonesia) is already active and SNH48 (Shanghai, China) has just been formed. There has also been talks of TPE48 (Taipei, Taiwan), but I think that project has been abandoned for now since no one has mentioned it in a year or two.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:57 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Someone has trailed a chunk of an entirely unauthorised adaptation of Hyperion (as seen in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzmiya, episode 2) -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIoq44EXcvk

I wager it won't be up for long, given that comment from Simmons.

Oz: I am educated and stuff, thanks!

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I was gonna say you're late, but that was you too! :lol:

Um... whoops? Short-term memory failure.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:00 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Um... whoops? Short-term memory failure.

Well the other was in the news thread, so it's all good.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:04 am

Been watching tons of "Quad City DJs vs. ______" to celebrate the Obama victory! Here's one almost anyone can appreciate.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Film and Video”