[TV] Lost

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

[TV] Lost

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:29 pm

Hey is there any other Lost fans on here?? I love this show, it's got tons of mysteries about it and great character drama. plus lots of backstory for all the characters.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Shnooks
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Shnooks » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:31 pm

my opinion?

The show needs to stop. Isnt it like, the 3rd season? Shouldn't these people be rescued by now?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:41 pm

That assumes that they aren't in Purgatory, an alien zoo, a CIA experiment, or an Omega Point simulation, to name just a few possibilities.

I'm reminded of a sketch from one of the satirical comedy shows on the radio along the lines of

Character A: I've checked, and it's true: We're running out of some vital supplies.

Character B: But there's plenty of food and water, and we weren't short on medicines last I know.

Character A: No, something even more important than that: we're running out of flashbacks!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:44 am

oh sure you guys just hate on the show.... no big deal.. :cry:
I love this show. I almost love it as much as Eva. and it's actually on season 2. and Shnooks you missed the point of the show. It's that it's not supposed to make much sense because they are explaining it as it goes. like they still have to explain. where they are, why nobody has come to save them, stuff like that. and there is some kinda monster robot thing on the island, six underground test faculities, etc.
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:09 am

I've been obsessed with Lost since it premiered, I can't wait to go back to school on sunday so I can download Wednesday's episode off of bittorrent.

My favorite episodes are those about Locke, Sawyer, Jin, and Sun.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:23 am

Finally someone who likes the show as much as me 8) yeah I'm obsessed too. but the funny thing was you have to watch it a lot to get into it. At first I didn't like it and was like sounds boring. but after you see a lot of crazy shit happen and see some awesome flashbacks. and now when they found out about these companies on the island like the Dharma Initiative, it starts to get really addictive.
Rei goes insane!!~~

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:41 am

So, Lost is well into its second season, and I see a lot of people getting into these days. Possibly due to the release of the first season on DVD.

I really like where season 2 has been going, aside from Libby, I like the new cast additions, but I'm reserving judgement till Libby gets an episode devoted to her backstory.

Anyone else out there addicted?

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:14 pm

Only when it's on and I can't be asked to change the channel.

Who's the dude that saves everything, like a pack rat? That jack gave glasses to, that likes that girl, whats her name?

I like him
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:29 pm

I've never cared much for Lost - I don't think I've even watched a full episode. There are many semi-obsessed people in my school, though.
Last edited by Ryo on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asuka > Rei

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:35 pm

Carter or carver sumthing? No, that can't be it....

I'm Lost
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:37 pm

Titus wrote:Who's the dude that saves everything, like a pack rat?

"Sawyer", real name is James Ford. He's one of my favorites. He's the result of traumatic childhood. His mother was romanced by a con artist named Frank Sawyer, and when his father found out about it, he killed her and then committed suicide. So "Sawyer" set out to find the con artist, and in the process became the very man he sought. He became "Sawyer".

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:10 pm

That's it, Sawyer, I knew it ended in an er, but eh. I really like him. (not as in I want your baby, as in, I wanna be like Sawyer...)

Btw, The 2nd season of lost, when did this happen? The last time I saw any episode of lost, they were building a raft....

So I live in a tech desert and movies only show up a year later...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:39 pm

Titus wrote:The 2nd season of lost, when did this happen?

The first season ran for 24 episodes from Fall 2004 to Spring 2005. Season 2 premiered Fall 2005, and is up to episode 13.

If you're outside of North America, you're likely to be behind on the episodes. If you're interested in catching up, you can always find the episodes on a torrent site.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:44 pm

If I can download faster than 2 kb a second that is. For some obscure reason(that's eluded me thus far), Ill need a couple of weeks to download the season with an ADSL connection...

Y I wonder?....

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:04 pm

Titus wrote:Y I wonder?....

There are a bunch of things to consider. First, you have to find a torrent that a lot of people are connected to, then you need to stick with it. As you get more of the file, you get more priority. If at first it might tell you it will take you weeks, when in all actuality it might only take a day or two.

I suggest giving this one a whirl, as it has quite a lot of people connected:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/94550

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:10 am

*CASTS REVIVE*

So, season 3 began on wednesday, and it looks to be an interesting new segment of the story.

If anyone's interested, I reviewed the premiere for the student paper.

Be warned, this article somewhat acts as a synopsis of the season premiere of Lost's third season. If you didn't catch it's initial airing, or if you intend to see it by other means in the immediate future, this article may contain spoilers.

Much like the second season premiere, the third season premiere turned everything on its head within the first few minutes of the episode. The episode opens with Juliet, portrayed by Elizabeth Mitchell, preparing for a book club meeting. During which, an argument over the merit of the work discussed is cut short by what appears to be a moderate earthquake. As the quake subsides, everyone exits the house to investigate. Amongst the confused and curious people exiting their homes in the small town, we catch a glimpse of Ben, previously known as Henry Gale and portrayed by Michael Emerson, leading us to believe that we are viewing a flashback to establish his backstory. However, as the people look skyward to see Oceanic Flight 815 breaking apart high overhead, we realize we are seeing a flashback of a different sort, and that we are seeing the Others for who they are. Ben calls for Goodwin and Ethan, and tells them to infiltrate and investigate the people of the crash, and to return with lists.

The episode returns to the main time line and deals with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer in captivity by the others in a station known as "The Hydra", the fifth station to be revealed so far. The Hydra's purpose is somewhat unclear, however it is partially underwater, with tanks for research on Sharks and Dolphins. Above ground are cages that were used to hold bears. The episode follows the different conditions the three face. Jack is held down in the tanks, while Juliet probes him for information, resulting in his flashbacks which frame the episode. Meanwhile Kate experiences slightly unusual treatment as she is given a shower, dress, and treated to breakfast on the beach before being taken back to The Hydra to be placed in a bear cage opposite Sawyer.

Aside from Jack's flashbacks, which give insight into his divorce, the story remains at the Hydra. We see nothing of the hatch or the Oceanic Flight 815 survivors, nor do we see what became of Michael and Walt. And the most enigmatic loose end from the season 2 finale, in which two men in an outpost of sorts call Desmond's former love interest Penelope to tell her that they "found it", has yet to be addressed.

The indications are that this season will follow the Others beyond their facade, and explain how they are connected to the Dharma initiative. Minor characters returning as principle characters are Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond and Michael Emerson as Ben. Joining the cast as principle characters are Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, as well Kiele Sanchez as Nikki and Rodrigo Santo as Paulo, who have yet to be revealed. Micheal and Walt, portrayed by Harold Perrineau Jr. and Malcolm David Kelley have not been stated as returning as principle characters at this time.

Season 3 has many things to offer, many questions to be answered. Did Michael and Walt manage to escape back to civilization? What happened to the hatch and those within it during its manual override? What will be the result of Sayid, Jin, and Sun's voyage around the island? What is Penelope searching for, and how is it connected to Desmond on the island? Who are the others and how are the connected to Dharma initiative? What other stations exist on the island? Will Alex and Danielle Rousseau be reunited? These are the questions that keep us in suspense from week to week. We can certainly look forward to watching the world of Lost unfold.

Is anyone here still hooked on Lost?

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:23 pm

I think I'll stick with Gilligan's Island, thanks.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:28 pm

I only started getting into it a few weeks ago and i'm addicted to it, watched all the first and second season in about 3 weeks. I havn't been this hooked on a show since Eva. In the UK we arnt getting the third season a while so thank god for the internet.

Third season started off strongly though and i'm looking forward to learning more about The Others. I can't wait till the next episode though, it's an awesome show.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:00 pm

For some reason I can't get into these primetime dramas. I think I'm still a kid. Seriously, I've tried taking in episodes of Lost, 24, CSI:Miami, Heroes and I just get bored. (Especially by Heroes; it has all the visual and emotional impact of a depressing computer ad.) Desparate Housewives is mildly entertaining, but about the only one I've decided to follow is Studio 60, which for some reason is the only one whose subject matter I find interesting. The writing isn't bad, either.

Most network TV to me just feels overly serious, self-conscious, obsessively polished, phony, and uncharming. I am almost completely repelled by it, and yet I can't really draw a clear conclusion as to why.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:33 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:For some reason I can't get into these primetime dramas. I think I'm still a kid. Seriously, I've tried taking in episodes of Lost, 24, CSI:Miami, Heroes and I just get bored. (Especially by Heroes; it has all the visual and emotional impact of a depressing computer ad.) Desparate Housewives is mildly entertaining, but about the only one I've decided to follow is Studio 60, which for some reason is the only one whose subject matter I find interesting. The writing isn't bad, either.

Most network TV to me just feels overly serious, self-conscious, obsessively polished, phony, and uncharming. I am almost completely repelled by it, and yet I can't really draw a clear conclusion as to why.

That's exactly how I feel. I can't even get into Studio 60. The last show on network TV that I watched was Arrested Development, but it's too bad most people wasn't into it.

Return to “Film and Video”