EvaGeeks' Most Watched Movies of 2011 [1]

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

EvaGeeks' Most Watched Movies of 2011

Postby Oz » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:31 am

A few years ago I used to hang around at this one Finnish film community where the admin came up with a neat idea: let's have everyone post about all the movies they watch and make a list to see which films are the most watched ones. The results were always interesting because everyone was active in the small community even if only for the sake of that thread (required minimum effort).

Basically it means that you just post the name of the film that you have watched - and if you want to, a rating - without any comment (or at least keep it short, let the film talk stay in the correct thread). Then I'll compile a list of all films and count how many times I've been seen. I would update the top list weekly.

I would like to try this concept in EvaGeeks as well - as long as most of us really do post all the films they've seen. Even if you watch a film twice on the same day, you post the title twice (or then just add a note saying you've watched it twice). I would start maintaining this thread once the year changes.

So, EvaGeeks, do you want to do it or not? I want to hear an opinion from everyone who visits this subforum.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Uh, sure, why not. Should we include animu films as well? And is this supposed to be a list of 2011 movies we've watched or just movies we watched during 2011?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:27 pm

I'd love to! Just features, excluding short films, right? About an hour and a half and more? Should I include films I intentionally play to fall asleep to? And do I re-post if I've watched a film if I've re-watched it that year? (Once in January, again in April, ect.)

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:35 pm

I see this as a good thing, go for it (as long as I get to mention Syfy and Asylum films).
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:37 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:I see this as a good thing, go for it (as long as I get to mention Syfy and Asylum films).

Do it!!!

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:44 am

All full feature films and short films are accepted - whether they are animated or not. The same goes for made-for-TV films, such as Syfy and Asylum films.

And yeah, you do post rewatches - no matter when you rewatch it. Even if you watch the same film twice in a row, post it twice.

Depending on your own choice, you can post the ones you plan to fall asleep to.
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:48 am

View Original PostOz wrote:And yeah, you do post rewatches - no matter when you rewatch it.

:nyao:
Voluntary Illusion.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:59 am

Well duh, during 2011 obviously. I was just exaggerating to sound as open as possible.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:53 am

I assume we post ANY film we watch and not just the ones that are released in 2011, right? If so, sure, I'm on board.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:01 am

Yes, ANY film.

Now that the year is changing, you can start posting. Any film that you finish by the time it's 2011 already is eligible. Even if you start it before the year changes - as long as the end credits roll when it's past midnight.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:33 am

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Twins Effect. I'll place an Abraham Lincoln on it.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

shinji_ryoji_89
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby shinji_ryoji_89 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Sounds like fun. I'm in!

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:51 am

My first "entry" of the year: Inception

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:40 am

View Original PostOz wrote:My first "entry" of the year: Inception

EXPLETIVES, OZ!!! Yours was better than mine! I was stuck with a lot of film illiterate friends watching The Other Guys and Hot Tub Time Machine. :argh:

I need to be more careful who I watch movies with during the New Years. :nono:

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:40 am

Suggestion: Sticky this thread and instead of posting every time we watch a new movie, we all just have one post with a spoilerized list that we add each film we watch throughout the year.

SPOILER: Show
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Zombieland
Last edited by Bomby von Bombsville on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:57 am

A sticky is fine too,

BUT that suggestion of yours would make it a bit harder for me to keep track of everything that has been watched.

@FFF4: :lol: So you watched those two films in 2011 or before the year changed?

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:08 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:BUT that suggestion of yours would make it a bit harder for me to keep track of everything that has been watched.

That, and these discussions are fun!

View Original PostOz wrote:@FFF4: :lol: So you watched those two films in 2011 or before the year changed?

Friggin' Mad  SPOILER: Show
We paused the last 10 minutes or so of The Other Guys to watch the ball drop, then commenced in watching Hot Flash Timed Mensurations as a second feature. So, yes. The credits of both films rolled after 12:00 AM.

Sorry 'bout that. I normally don't resort to such language. I seem to be particularly upset over the latter film.

I must re-watch a good film at some point today to wash those appalling tastes out of my mind.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Tail Sting. Great movie about killer genetic scorpions, I find it better than Snakes on a Plane. Sure, they repeated footage, had dated video quality, had bad looking opening credits, and the Scott killer scorpions were pathetically weak, but it was entertaining nonetheless. :cool:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Kicked my Cinema of 2011 off with a Bluray viewing of Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger's THE RED SHOES.

Soooooo goooood

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Terminator 1.

Still awesome.

Return to “Film and Video”