New RP Thread Suggestion/Discussion!

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Um, no. Sachi13 wasn't "stuck" with Rei at all, he decided to take her as his second character.

Anyway, I would consider letting you take Fuyutsuki if it weren't for the fact that you aren't aware of your posting habits (which I just know would cause this thread problems further down the line) and you've been being borderline demanding with wanting Rei.

So I'm sorry to say, but please just drop this for now. The answer's no.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:14 am

Count A'ight wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:look at your avatar image

The admins didn't choose it for me. I picked it myself. It's a joke. It proves that I have a sense of humor.

Most trolls do.

However, if you aren't a troll, then there's no joke.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:04 am

Count A'ight wrote:Correction: "who was stuck with Rei and only reluctantly agreed to the role because nobody else was interested"

Sachi_13 wrote:Yes I am considering taking Rei, if that's alright with everybody else.

[Sarcasm]Yes; I can see how Sachi would be stuck with Rei when clearly all the other characters are taken, explains also why you wanted to take Fuyutusuki and Armisael as well.[/sarcasm] The above statement says Sachi is considering taking Rei if no one else wanted her during the preliminary rounds, that was before we all started, if someone had said "I want to be Rei" then it should have been taken up back then, so understand this; Sachi is Rei and no amount of badgering or constant whining will change the fact; quite the contrary, as now you are in everyone's black list and no one wants you to play.

So I guess the only thing left for you to do is be a grown up and accept it, moving on, or behave like your avi and keep this up.

your choice, really but in the meantime, you are (not) teh Rei
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Count A'ight
Banned

Postby Count A'ight » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:59 am

avi?

Audio-Video Interleave?
If I'm pissing you off, just remember: it was Magami No ER who told me about this place, so blame him/her.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:28 pm

:duhme: That's all I'm gonna say on the matter. So I guess the next the posts we need is Kaworu & Asuka?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:34 pm

I was thinking, with Shamshel's attack: Would it be okay if it's after Shinji's first day of school? Say, the school bell signals the end of classes then all of a sudden the evacuation alarms go off?

EDIT: I knew I should've just wrote "Shammy" for short. :irked:
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:01 pm

Count A'ight wrote:avi?

Audio-Video Interleave?

Sure... why not...

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I was thinking, with Shammael's attack: Would it be okay if it's after Shinji's first day of school? Say, the school bell signals the end of classes then all of a sudden the evacuation alarms go off?

I see no problem with it personally...
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:55 pm

Lucretius: Kindly change Asuka's dialogue quote from "homo-boy" to "weirdo". She has no evidence to suspect that Kaworu is "homosexual" yet.

yet.

thanx man. :thumbsup:
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:17 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I was thinking, with Shammael's attack: Would it be okay if it's after Shinji's first day of school? Say, the school bell signals the end of classes then all of a sudden the evacuation alarms go off?

sounds great to me.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:22 am

Shammael?

Shamshel can attack whenever, though. For all we know, Shinji spent the last half of the day being mopey outdoors in the original series. :P

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:35 am

Legendary wrote:Shammael?

Bastard child of Shamshel and Sammael.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:57 am

Also, to bring back the talk on Gendo from page 6, I am personally up to the interaction there, but if you've changed your mind...

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:50 am

By the by, I introduced a new yet somewhat canonical technology - limb regeneration - in my last post, and I felt an urge to explain its backstory. I shamelessly borrowed from the format of Classified Information. I made all of the history up. Hope you enjoy reading it.

History/Applications of Limb Regeneration

A. Publicly Released Information: Japan/Germany Joint research team discovered way to regenerate limbs after analyzing Iguana DNA. Started in 1990, continuing to present. By current time, complete regeneration is within weeks, not years. No trials have ever been conducted on human test subjects.

B. Generally Recognized Information: Project Elixir began in the year 1990, and then was closed after loss of funding. Was restarted in the year 1993, with major funding from the Pharmaceutical Company Seven Doors. Major breakthrough procured increased venture capitalist and company participation in financial backing, and Experiment No. AEA-142 successfully regrew a fish embryo's tail back. Sometime during the Second Impact and The Valentine's Day Treaty, all of the original researchers working on the Project either went missing, died mysteriously, or went insane. Some regard the Project as being haunted, and various religious circles cite tampering with nature as the reason behind the deaths. Nevertheless, the ranks were restaffed on 2003, and the project reinitialized once more. On 2007, scientists performed their first regeneration of a limb of a large animal (a sheep's leg) successfully within their time limit of 1 year (Experiment No. ZGN-912). Four months ago from present day, scientists from Project Elixir publicly state the successful regeneration of a dog's hind legs within 3 months (Experiment No. ERIN-016).

C. Confidential Information: Project Elixir's top financial backers were slowly getting replaced by puppet companies from SEELE. After controlling a large percentage of Project Elixir's funding, SEELE "closed" the project to collect intel on all of the scientists working in the laboratory. After successfully accumulating a wealth of data to be analyzed without detection, SEELE reopened Project Elixir in the year 1993. A major breakthrough caused a huge influx of new financial backers of the project, but SEELE managed to remain in control. After its first successful trial, the progress of the project was closely monitored by SEELE sleeper agents. A second major breakthrough in 1997 caused SEELE to activate said sleeper agents. All of the scientific data were collected, and the scientists delt with. The ranks of the scientists were eventually refilled with "dummies" from SEELE after WWIII (completely refilled in the year 2003), and Project Elixir is almost completely under SEELE control.

D. In-Depth Information: The second major breakthrough was a lower torso regeneration of an adult female within four months (Experiment No. NRV-009) in the year 1997. The lead scientist in the cell growth acceleration department, Dr. Alexander von Deun, invented a bath that caused cells to grow at a rate much faster than the rate of cell death for a specific amount of time. The process is described by Dr. Deun (in a letter to his boyfriend and fellow colleague in the team, Dr. Ludwig van DeLarge,) below:

"...I believe this is one of the most promising fields of medicine since the discovery of embryonic stem cells. I fear I may be doing something illegal, but sometimes science eclipses the law. You taught me that, Loo. I just hope I don't get my ass landed in prison or something. The process is macabre at best. Picture a bubble of flesh bubbling into the length of a leg. A long mass of flesh, bubbling into bubbles into bubbles. If it weren't for the accelerated rate of cell death kicking in, I would be in the lab, attempting to cut the sprouting limbs off the lady's lower torso. The blood and muscle are visible until the skin regains its opacity. But after the bubbling subsides, everything slenders down into something recognizably human. We've got her legs, Loo. We're going to be in the history books..."

Dr. Deun never got into children's textbooks. SEELE operatives neutralized the scientists working in Project Elixir during the chaos of WWIII, and copied all data regarding Project Elixir. Experiment No. NRV-009 was never released to the public. A month after the Valentine's Day Treaty, SEELE trained a large unspecified amount of "dummies", previously unknown actors and actresses devoted to SEELE's goal, to replace Project Elixir's previous team of scientists and to keep the public from getting suspicious. Every so often, "Project Elixir" would belch out "breakthroughs" to keep the financial backers from losing interest.

Immediately following Experiment No. NRV-009, the data was used in various other projects, and played a major role in the construction and repair technology of the Evangelion units and the Mass Produced Evangelions.

Kiel Lorenz and the "Old Men" bathe in the cell regeneration bath regularly, abbreviated to CRIB.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:29 pm

The Limb Regeneration stuff seems interesting. I don't have much of a problem with it being mentioned for what happened to the cat or maybe something involving Rei if need be. :shrug:

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:06 pm

I like the limb regeneration stuff, but I don't see how its relevant to the cat. Firstly, you may be changing Lucretius' intent of the cat incident entirely, from "Kaworu made a morally ambiguous choice, ending its suffering by killing it," to "Kaworu is a villian for killing a cat when it had a decent chance of survival."

Secondly, and I'm not sure how relevant this is, with the existence of said technology, the cat may theoretically survive, but if they had actually taken the cat to an animal hospital, it would have likely been euthanized regardless.

MAL Profile

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Legendary » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:18 pm

I think slothen has the right idea here.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Honestly, with any ideas/suggestions people have, I just want the majority to do what makes them happy. (Although like I mentioned before, I do think pilot and Angel order should stay the same...)

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:04 pm

Asuka is trying to make Kaworu look evil in front of everyone so she can separate him from Shinji. If something doesn't make much sense IRL, that's because it was constructed, and probably isn't Asuka's true opinion.

EDIT: Unless I decide to explain my actions here.

I wrote the history of Limb Regeneration simply because I decided internally that it should have a backstory. It has no consequence or relevance to the current storyline. Perhaps it will in the future...

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:45 pm

I see. No problem then. And I do like the backstory you wrote.

MAL Profile

Count A'ight
Banned

Postby Count A'ight » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:56 am

Jeez, you guys can't even go two dozen posts without Kaworu killing a cat...
If I'm pissing you off, just remember: it was Magami No ER who told me about this place, so blame him/her.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”